Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,555 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PMYKEL JOHN, Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN

Calorie Count Diet

17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Kait - I will be looking for you guys on Jan 1st. I have also packed on afew pounds with this quit despite extra exercise. I have decided to wait until after the Christmas celebrations but then I am aiming for 5 lbs a month for 5 months - I will need all the help I can get (I've never really ever tried quitting smoking and I've never really ever tried dieting before!) Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 86 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,738 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $430 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
Hi Missthing - I couldnt possibly do that.......I eat everything! I don't share one bit of my protein bar. Today I asked the fitness instructor what I could eat because I never feel full and he said that we're not supposed to be full and need to get used to it!! Blah!! He did also say that women should be careful when weighing themselves because weight can go up and down by as much as 5 lbs in a day. He said that it is important to drink lots of water but our weight may be higher after we drink it....so I think those extra pounds were just water weight...and you are probably down around 173 now......... I'm going out tonight.......hope they don't have snacks!!??? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 123 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,475 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $615 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
Wow - That is a real coincidence with your dog Miss Thing - I have the SAME problem with my hubby!! Only healthy snacks at the party (fruit) so that was good plus my neighbour wants to be a walking buddy (even better). Unfortunately, it was a skin care product party.....very expensive. I shower at the gym now and I was my face with body wash, slather on whatever cream i pull out of my gym bag first and run to work so I had to tell her that I couldn't possibly see myself carrying around the products OR going through the 3 step process at the gym. (Maybe when I'm skinny and have nothing better to do with my time) Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 124 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,494 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $620 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
Congrats you guys - I have been eating heavy duty protein bars in the morning when I go to the gym. (I eat 1/2 on the way there and 1/2 on the way to work) The negative part is that they have 300 calories. The positive part - I used to eat breakfast before I went to the gym and then I would have a sausage and egg muffin on the way back. Today when I stopped for my coffee at the drive thru, they asked if I wanted one and a little tiny part of me wanted to say "YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!" Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 122 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,455 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $610 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
Missthing - You are doing amazing! I keep watching and I'm motivated just seeing how well you are doing! Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 113 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,277 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $565 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
Day 2 (Jan 2) Calories - 1341 55.6 % - Carbs 23.7 % - Fat 20.6 % - Protein Weight - 159 45 minute Lean Machines class, 15 mins abs classs but 15 extra mins on bike Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 113 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,275 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $565 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
Okay Missthing - I'm in too and I just discovered that I eat WAY too much fat (and that's when I'm watching it) Total Calories: 1644 Fat - 42.5 % (yikes) Protein - 18.6 % Carbs - 38.9 % Walked briskly for one hour. Current weight - 160 (I think) Happy New Year Fellow Weight Loss Gals and Guys! Windt [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 112 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,255 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $560 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
Hi Missthing - Sorry that your Doctor was such a disappointment - We cleaned out our closet (well actually my hubby cleaned the closet) and discovered an extra set of running shoes! You are doing a great job with your diet and exercise (while quitting at the same time!) I am so impressed...I couldn't even think about diet until well after 90 day mark. (And I'm having a little trouble getting on track)...You keep me inspired! Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 117 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,349 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $585 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
hehehehehe - How many butt cheeks do you have now Kait? I have started packing tons of veggies into my food (i.e. in lasagna, wraps, etc.) so I am getting fuller and fooling myself into eating healthy. (Don't tell me that it's good for me okay?...might take all the fun out of it!) Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 119 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,397 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $595 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
17 years ago 0 589 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Everyone....up to 28 lbs lost now. Have to say the last couple days however there has been no exercise. Needed to take a little break. Body is feeling better this morning however so i'm sure i'll be taking this hyper dog of mine out soon!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 218 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,112 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $854.56 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20

Reading this thread: