Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

Calorie Count Diet

17 years ago 0 983 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
30 lbs is fantastic!!!! I like this diet because you can eat anything you want (veggies and fruits I don't really count), as long as you count the calories. Makes you really stop and think before you grab something out of the fridge. A new think I found are these Slim-Fast Meal bars...they are about 230 calories...but when I leave work and I have kid's to run here and there...I have them handy in my purse and I don't drive through a fast food place and get a hamburger and frys. I'm able to wait until I get home later and have something not fast foodish. Missy, how are you doing? Kaiti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 64 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,428 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $352 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
I weighed in this morning and lost two more pounds....so I believe I'm up to 4 pounds total. Still tryin to make nice nice with the treadmill...LOL...I just need to get my butt on it!!!! (all three cheeks) Kaiti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 65 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,438 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $357.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
missyfit, Your doing fantastic. One thing I noticed last time I did this type of diet...water retention can affect the poundage....or a high salt meal can also do that. One time, on a girls weekend, I didn't count calories at all, and gained like 3 pounds in one weekend...of course this was all the naughty things I had eaten and water retention...but they come off fairly easy. Remember too, by doing this we are also taking in less bad fat's....so our arteries are very happy. Windy...I have three butt cheeks....try to find jeans that fit those puppies...not an easy task. Also...veggies are very bad for you...so keep being naughty and eating all of them!! LOL Also, my hubby and I made a new rule at home..no eating after 9:00 p.m. Just an idea for you guys in case your interested. Kaiti!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 64 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,419 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $352 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
I ended yesterday right around 1300 calories...and lost another 2 pounds...wow... Last night I did have a hamburger on a plain bun with just mustard and a large salad with the wine vinegar. That's why I love this diet...the hamburger on a bun was only about 250-300 calories. I must have been really pigging out before I started watching my calorie intake. Lot's of water....count everything that goes in the mouth, and allow treats in the calorie count. We are doing it...we pretty determined aren't we!!! Today so far is same as yesterday...300 calories for breakfast...230 calories for lunch... Kaiti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 64 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,419 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $352 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
Cranky...what a great idea for a reward...new workout clothes. I was trying to come up with a reward for myself this week (my trouble is deciding which of the 100 ideas I have am I going to purchase). I think this week will be a new work-out outfit. I had my husband go out this weekend and purchase more fruits and vegetables for me to snack on and I've replaced my morning mcdonald's with oatmeal. Friday I had approximately 1300 calories, but saturday night I was struggling and had too many to count. Sunday, I was recovering from the tequila and wine on Saturday night...so comfort foods were on the menu yesterday. But this morning I'm back on track. How is everyone else doing. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 27 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 602 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $148.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
LOL, I forgot about the alcohol calories! Although I don't drink alcohol daily...not even weekely...but there is the occasion. Chocolate martini's are my downfall. I know there is a recipe for a low cal drink. I will scrounge it up and share when I find it. I did treadmill for 10 minutes last night, and then I stretched for 15 minutes before I went to bed. That felt sooooo good. I don't think we realize how tense we are from quitting. My muscles were soooo tight. My back felt so much better this morning, and I didn't wake up cranky. Keep me Posted....Andy, I'm so glad you are feeling better!!! I don't have any sickee's at home, but I have sports injuries....so last night the bags of ice were out and everyone was being iced...LOL [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 31 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 690 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $170.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
Hi Andy and missy, Andy, don't feel bad....I haven't done very well this week. I'm a secretary, and I always tease the faculty here that in order to keep the secretaries happy, they must provide chocolate every once in awhile.....well wouldn't you know it, the week I try and diet....the chocolate starts rolling in......so I'm regrouping and making a plan. I will check back in tomorrow and let you know if I have my ducks lined up! Missy, keep it up...you will inspire me to get this thing going!!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 29 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 652 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $159.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
Yes, I agree, I know we shouldn't take on too much at one time with quitting smoking, but the distraction is great. Thinking about making myself get on the treadmill tonight, means I'm not thinking about smoking. Also, one of the many reasons I am quitting is to be healthier. Eating correctly is another way to take care of ourselves. Sometimes eating incorrectly can also affect our moods...and let's face it, I don't need any more mood swings right now. [IMG]http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q185/kaitilina/200620Smiley20Stop.gif[/IMG] You are at 25 days....that is really fantastic, three more days and you will be at 4 weeks!! Let's keep pushing each other to be healthy in all areas. I'm going to try and have a big salad tonight for dinner, then do treadmill! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 674 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $165 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
Fantastic job Missy, you are really motivating me. This is me today: Oatmeal for Breakfast 140 calories Lean Cuisine for Lunch 320 calories One coffee w/cream and sugar not sure, will look up calories one diet coke So today so far is pretty good. I'm finally done with my class. I have been studying every night for the past 3 nights for the last exam this morning, so tonight I'm doing the treadmill for at least 15 minutes (to start)...but I'm getting on the dang thing tonight no matter what!!!!!! Wish me luck!!!! My goal is 10 pounds before New Years (if not more)...I'm doing it! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 673 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $165 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
Andy, That sounds great. I started this morning by not getting my normal breakfast at McDonalds, I ate oatmeal when I got to work instead. Maybe it will help to post what our calorie intakes for the days are to motivate and encourage each other. 6 pounds is fantastic!! I'm in the same boat, would like to loose 30-40 pounds. That would get me to a really healthy weight. I think I know the websight your talking about, you can track your calories each day and how much your burning with activities. I never realized brushing your teeth you could burn 10 calories....every calorie counts. We are going to look great and I think this goes great with trying to make ourselves healthier. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 491 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $121 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1

Reading this thread: