Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,673 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MNJD, kybrg, Jhancke, CKYLA ASHLEY, PGOMEZ

Frustrated

18 years ago 0 22 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Cuddles My husband is also a smoker too. fortunatly he does not smoke in the house, but i every time i look outside my view is to look at him puffing away. Although having to live with a smoker is extra tough, think of it as being a great role model for him and hopefully he will walk in your shoes soon! Let me know how it goes, I am curious to see how others in similar situations are doing. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/18/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 260 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $66 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
18 years ago 0 547 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cuddles, I'm with everyone on here 100%. BFS- love the reasons for the meter you gave--you are totally right and it helps me alot too! N2k-the chart is awesome, really gives you a visual!! Lady, totally awesome supportive encouraging advice :) Cuddles, I will share something from my personal life in relation to this because I feel it necessary and appropriate here. When I first moved across country, I was in a very vulnerable state of being. One thing I never did like was alot of TV or movies with anything to do with violence at all. The friend I happenned to stay with for a year before I got out on my own used to watch alot of TV and it was usually the shoot'em'up variety. I couldn't stand it. They did not respect my wishes either about being a sensetive viewer so I took myself OUT of the room, OUT of the situation, OUT of sight, sound, smell of gunsmoke to a safe haven called THE BATHROOM. Yes. Unfortunately, since it was only a small stuidio with no real kitchen or room other than the big space called the living area, there was the one other room which was the bathroom. Every time it was raining or too cold to be outside, or too late at night when I wanted to be resting, I would go into the bathroom, plug in my cd player, sit a blanket on the floor and meditate. I cleansed alot my first year in CA. lol. No wonder! BUT I MADE IT. I made it out on my own and kept my sanity because I TOOK CARE OF MYSELF BY DOING WHAT WAS NECESSARY TO MY STATE OF BEING. And I would do it again, though I would not want to!!!! The SSC also has something similar written in which they recommend you leave the situation if you feel your quit is being threatened in any way. This is YOUR quit. YOU need to take care of YOU regardless of who is around you or not. So go. JUST GO. Outside. In the kitchen, in the den, in the living room, in the garage, in the basement, upstairs, on the roof, IN THE BATHROOM! Find a book or a cd that you can stay busy with and GO. You will thank youself for it later! Keep us posted on how things are going! Many Blessings, Eve :) Proud to be a C.A.R.E. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 175 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $63 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs
18 years ago 0 2257 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Cuddles: How are you doing today? I want to tell you how great you're doing with your quit, we're proud of ya. Glad you're going to Maryland, that will be great for you, maybe just the thing you need right now at this point in your quit. It's easier to be around non smokers, it's funny how I used to dread that -- thinking about how I would politely smoke when they didn't and work one in to my visit with them. None of my close friends smoke, and while they don't understand how tough this is, they make up for it by not smokin up my space. Hope that your trip is Fabulous and the countdown to Friday gets here quick! CobenFan (Christine M) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 38 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 650 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $133 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
18 years ago 0 107 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cuddles, I agree, it should be hubby moving into a tent...but then, many cultures over the centuries have used GUILT and SHAME to get their points across. ::evil grin:: Ya never know...it could work! Hang in there...you know we are here for you to bounce your frustration off of. I have three smokers in my house, one of which still smokes in his room. And yes, they drag the smell of smoke into the areas I'm occupying even if they aren't actually smoking in the same room as me. I constantly use positive thoughts to get me through..."Sheesh...that REALLY stinks!" or "Yep, am I ever glad I don't smell like that anymore!" Furthermore, I know without question that through time, I will encounter smoke, smokers and smoke right in my face NUMEROUS times. I mentally try to prepare myself for the battle in my head against the pull those things had on me for so many years. And I'm winning the battle! Please don't give up! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 33 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 338 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $52.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
Cuddles, No way am I gonna sit here and for one second belive that you really think giving in to your hubby's second hand smoke by smoking a cigaretted, especially when you have NINE DAYS under your belt, is the course of action you want to take! Listen to Lady. Don't suppose you have a tent laying around anywhere in storage? Maybe you could set it up out in the back yard, especially with summer weather on its way, (here in Texas it never seemed to leave this year.) You can tell hubby you are moving into the tent until the second hand smoke no longer bothers you....and you have NO idea WHEN that might be! hahahaha Well ok, that might be a bit extreme. Hang in there girl...you CAN DO THIS! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 33 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 338 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $52.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
I can't get page two to open up for me...it says it isn't available. Anyone having the same troubles? Interestingly...I can see all the posts when I go to post on the thread. Very odd. Cuddles, you are so awesome. The determination I see in your posts is what's going to bring you through these tough times....and of course, all the wonderful folks here to encourage us, uplift us and hold our feet to the fire. So glad you are hanging in there hon! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 34 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 348 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $54.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
18 years ago 0 2436 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Cuddles - Stay in the moment, dear one. Taking it one moment at a time keeps you focused, and it reserves your energy. Your Quit is your Quit... Just protect it w/everything you have, each moment, and let the rest take care of itself. This is a new Quit, it's an infant, and it needs your attention, your compassion and your unconditional love... And as long as you take care of it - your Quit will take care of you! And, very important: TRUST YOUR INTUITION:) It will always serve you and lead you in the right direction w/out fail. Get some good rest and be gentle w/yourself, dear one. The rest is just the rest:) Blessings and Love- Healer [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 57 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,995 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $265.05 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
18 years ago 0 962 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cuddles - Sounds like you need some hugs - {{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}} My husband smokes too and it is very depressing to think that he is slowly killing himself, knows this and continues to smoke. I have been going through a very frustrating times with this. But the perfect thing about it is that it has totally renewed my desire and strength to continue on this fresh new way of life as a non- smoker. I have asked him to keep the cigs out of the house - this he has done. But I have also asked him not to smoke on the porch - I have since learned from this website about 2nd hand smoke and nicotine in pets. I love my animals very much and don't want him to smoke around them as well. So slowly but surely I have moved him out to the yard. I am hoping that one day he will realize how silly and futile it all is and will just give it up. BUT I DO KNOW that one has to want to quit more than they want to smoke and THAT is what I am choosing to do. You are choosing LIFE - and that life will be abundant! One with fresh air, clean breath, beautiful smells, lung capacity and most of all your health. We love you here - you are always here to cheer anyone one on with your wonderful illustrations and encouraging words. Thank you for being here and being such a strong woman. Island Girl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/21/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 77 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 780 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $154 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
  • Quit Meter

$1,703,812.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5862 Hours: 16

Minutes: 18 Seconds: 9

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 2614 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hooray Cuddles glad to see those days just icking by on your metre. Read the book and notice. You are posting here way more often than you were, and you are giving more here. I particularly notice the comments and the suggestions and and the amount you give to me on my posts and in general across the site. Thanks I can see a different more determined and stronger you coming through. Keep it up. Stay Strong - Stay Quit. Phillip [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 74 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,487 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $555 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
18 years ago 0 893 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cuddles, I don't know of 1 smoker, if they are really honest, who would prefer not to smoke and I can almost guarantee that your hubby is one of them. He may not admit it openly but I bet that he is really envious of the fact that you are brave enough to quit and he isn't. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 83 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 998 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �207.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48

Reading this thread: