Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

Frustrated

18 years ago 0 180 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cuddles, I know it must be really difficult to be constantly around something that you are trying to quit. Remember, you are starting a new trend for you and your husband. So, Ms trendsetter!, pick out some of those wonderfully positive sayings (or come up with your own!) and repeat them over and over during the hard times. Treat yourself to something great, go out with some non-smoking friends and remind yourself how nice not smoking really is. YOU can do this! Let's hang tough together and if you need to blow off steam you know where you can find me. I know we can learn from each other even though our quit situations are different. Just remember, the difficult part will eventually pass and who knows, maybe your husband will quit smoking and my husband and I will end up with better communication skills and we will reap the rewards! Yahoo! BEST, Joonie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 169 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $28 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
18 years ago 0 2364 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Last night I sat down next to hubby and he picked up his smokes and told me i could not have one. I told him that if I choose to smoke I will have one. But I choose not to smoke any more. Then a little while ago hubby, told me that after I get through with getting headaches and having withdraw symptoms from not smoking, he said that he was going to quit. I told him I would probly do alot better with out the 2nd hand smoke. He just does not understand or he chooses not to. Sorry just needed to share with people who do understand. Cuddles It's better to be a non-smoker with an occasional desire for a cig than a smoker with a constant desire to quit...... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 355 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $61.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
My attitude is better this morning. Thanks for being here. I use to be one of the hard headed smokers to, until I had decided I wanted to be a non-smoker. I smoked in the house around my kids. I am not mad at hubby just frustrated, as my kids were when I smoked. You dont see the light, until you let it in. I have to make it this time, because I am tired of this stupied roller coaster ride, I am tired of spending money on cancer sticks, I am tired of smelling like an ashtray, tired about worring about the next fix, etc. Well time to get back out of the pity pot and find something fun to do. Cuddles It's better to be a non-smoker with an occasional desire for a cig than a smoker with a constant desire to quit...... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 365 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $64.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
Sorry I am just cranky, tired, my head hurts and some what depressed and just need a little support. Not getting much from hubby. Hopefully he will decided to quit to. But I cant worry about that right now, I have to get myself straigtened out first. Well going to bed, maybe a good nights rest will help Cuddles It's better to be a non-smoker with an occasional desire for a cig than a smoker with a constant desire to quit...... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 17 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 358 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $61.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
Just requested Carr book through library on line. Hope it gets here soon Cuddles It's better to be a non-smoker with an occasional desire for a cig than a smoker with a constant desire to quit...... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 206 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $36 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
Thanks Josie, I am looking forward to Maryland Lady I have not read Carr yet, but I will find a copy and read it. I think I have my brain back on track this morning. I will make it this time. One way or another. I want this to much to loss it again. Cuddles It's better to be a non-smoker with an occasional desire for a cig than a smoker with a constant desire to quit...... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 205 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $36 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
I just cant get anything by you Lady, shucks, All right no smoking, just reading. Thanks Riverdale Man, I am more determined to make this my last quit. I am tired of the roller coaster ride. Being Free from nic is an awesome feeling. I am not frustrated any more, so on to another thread Cuddles It's better to be a non-smoker with an occasional desire for a cig than a smoker with a constant desire to quit...... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 213 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $36 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
Question. Is it doing me any good trying to quit, when I cant even get my hubby to quit smoking in the house. I have to put up with second hand smoke when he is home. Ive talked to him tell I was blue in the face. I am just totally fustrated. I really want to be a non smoker. I read another post and havent been able to quit thinking about it. I think I am thinking to much Cuddles It's better to be a non-smoker with an occasional desire for a cig than a smoker with a constant desire to quit...... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 195 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $32.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
He leaves for work before I do, and I get home before he does, so I empty the ashtray so it is not staring at me if I get a crave. I will not smoke, and I promise to post, when ever I get the urge. I will not just disappear to deal with it on my own, because that just does not work. I printed out the work book and lots of post from this site. So when I cant get on line, I read them. Thank you so much for being part of ssc. SSC would not have a chance if it wasnt for all the non smokers that hang around here to give, such wonderful support and advice. Cuddles It's better to be a non-smoker with an occasional desire for a cig than a smoker with a constant desire to quit...... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 198 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $32.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
Ln C.A.R.E. yes that is extrime, it should be hubby moving into the tent, not me Cuddles It's better to be a non-smoker with an occasional desire for a cig than a smoker with a constant desire to quit...... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 197 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $32.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51

Reading this thread: