Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,503 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Ww12, Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr

And He Coughs Part II

18 years ago 0 2027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, Lady. That's great news! :) Everybody else has already said it all. Shevie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 287 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,747 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1090.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 53 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
18 years ago 0 715 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good for your Dad for committing to a quit date :)Has your Dad read this thread? Maybe he would appreciate to see all of us in here on his side & yours :) Maybe he'd want to come in and make a post or read other threads? Remember this is your Dad's life & his quit. It's not about you. However, you're setting a gr8 example and giving him hope :) No matter what don't lite up... Keep on keepin on... Cherie xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Quit Meter

$26,718.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 584 Hours: 16

Minutes: 54 Seconds: 49

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Hiya Lady :) Happy Wednesday 2u & your Dad! Hey girl let some of that fear go. Whatever's going to happen is going to happen regardless of how much you choose to let it effect u right now. So just for today it's ok to let some of that weight on your shoulders lift off. It will feel good and be good 4u, even if just for today :) You're a star! No matter what don't lite up... Keep on keepin on... Cherie
  • Quit Meter

$26,718.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Hi Lady, Take time to say a prayer for yourself :) GOD please watch over our Lady! She is so special to us and needs to know how much we all care about her. Just like she cares about her Dad and wants him to quit smoking, we care that she takes it easy on herself and rewards herself for quitting smoking and helping all of us to stay quit. She's a gr8 example to us all. Please guide and direct her thinking, actions and words that she speaks, especially to her Dad and please give her the knowledge of your will to be done and the power to carry that out. Please watch over her Dad too and please help him to quit smoking for good. Please send the knowledge his way to help him to quit. Amen :) Hang in there Lady :) Everything happens for a reason... No matter what don't lite up... Keep on keepin on... Cherie
  • Quit Meter

$26,718.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Just popped in to check in on u ;) Girl u really are good at the venting part, lol. The serenity prayer really helps me get through times like what you're going through. GOD, grant me the serenity to ACCEPT the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things that I can, AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE :) So the next time you feel like you just can't take it and you're going to explode, no matter where u are just close your eyes, take a deep breath and say the prayer cuz it really really helps :) For real, lol. No matter what don't lite up... Keep on keepin on... Cherie
  • Quit Meter

$26,718.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Very cool!
  • Quit Meter

$26,718.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 1115 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Best wishes and lots of prayers coming your way - for your dad AND for you. Hope all is well. Hugs, Hummy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/5/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 309 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 12,398 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2008.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 40 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
  • Quit Meter

$472,243.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5381 Hours: 18

Minutes: 39 Seconds: 55

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Hi Lady, I�m posting the reply on this thread that I sent to you earlier. Maybe it will help someone else with their quit or with coping with a loved one quitting. I think you definitely did the right thing by telling him how proud you were of him. Being verbally rewarded will help his mind learn that quitting is a good thing. I�m so sorry about your dad smoking, but I�m not surprised. I �quit� smoking several times before I found the SSC and finally quit. You may find that he tries several times before he finally makes it. The older crowd (myself included) had cigarettes romanticized to us all our lives. Our favorite actors/actresses smoked. Smoking was billed as a good thing, an adult habit, as pure enjoyment. The change to smoking as evil did not sink in as easily for us. So, not only did we fight off the physical addiction and the habit itself, but also had to change our whole mindset towards smoking. I doubt quitting was harder for us, just needed a different approach. Considering how stubborn your dad was about even considering quitting, I was terribly pleased when you posted he had decided to quit. Hopefully, he�ll get up the courage to try again. He�s got to feel inadequate/guilty/depressed about not succeeding, so be easy on him. Not cravin', never cavin'. Hummy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/5/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 311 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 12,453 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2021.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 40 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
  • Quit Meter

$472,243.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Lady, How wonderful! I�m with Rusty. I just wanted to be left alone. I remember my quit buddy Rain said that if one more person came up to her and asked how she was doing, she was going to deck them. You�ll be fine. You have lots of experience holding hands with quitters and you do a grand job of it. Not cravin', never cavin'. Hummy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/5/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 302 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 12,107 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1963 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 39 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
  • Quit Meter

$472,243.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 1073 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ack! I read this after I posted. I wasn't trying to say you are doing things wrong. And since I've never had to be there in person for a quitter, I was just telling you what kind of support worked for me. :) all the best [color=Purple]~lbugg~[/color]
  • Quit Meter

$52,365.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 916 Hours: 17

Minutes: 18 Seconds: 33

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: