Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,492 Members

Please welcome our newest members: anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE

My cat

15 years ago 0 955 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Diva,

Glad to hear you are still keeping with the program.

Sarah, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 910 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey sheba and Breanne,

Thank you for the replies! I realy appreciate it!

Sheba, you are right. sometimes animal friends are nicer then human ones. We can have deep bonds with animals without fear of judgement and betrayal. I miss Oscar a lot. He was such a good friend. But I still have my two other kitties and they are lovely. Thank you again for making me feel understood! Thank you for you support!

Breanne,

Yes, this too shall pass! Oh and I am working the program. I have actually been pretty good about it lately!
15 years ago 0 64 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Diva!
Often non human friends are far better than the so called humans!
I'm serious. It not something out of my depression or being alone (I'm not).
You need to know that Oscar was your friend and that he will be ever in your toghts even if he is no longer with you. As for as ritual usually when I find one of the photos of my past dogs non only Puffy I just say Good Bye. You were a great friend and you thought me a lot. And all this knowledge helps me to better understand the fantastic creatures that are the dogs and even help some unfortunate puppies.
I feel that all the kindness and friendship of all my dogs are with me forever. Also sad and happy moments all their life are there somewhere and I will transmit all this to my future dogs.
I know that my life wouldn't be worthed without my non human friends. I'm not calling them animals... this is reserved for humans!
15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hang in there Diva, and keep working through the program.
Like you always say, this too shall pass

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator
Hey guys,

I decided to start the " Delaing With Grief" section of the program. I started it last week. I am taking my time to do the homework. But in filling in the Worksheet, it made me realize a ton of things. First, that I have had very few rituals to say goodbye. That in my heart I have resisted saying goodbye. I still want to talk in the present as if he is still here. Talking in the past makes me realize he is gone. I still imagine I see him or hear him around the house sometimes. I dream of him and he is alive and happy! I miss him so badly. I have not put away his things or washed the shirt I wore that day. I need to find some rituals to help me put away his things and to say goodbye. But I am afraid. I like the ghosts in my house. I ike them because I know I cannot forget how much I love him, how much I miss him, how great he is, how lovely and loving and wonderful. But I will need to say goodbye, I wouldn't forget him. So why do I feel guilty?

The other thing I realized is that I try to keep the talking or posting about this to a minimum. I guess I do not want to be a burden. There is also the fact that he was a cat. I am afraid people will not understand. I am afraid of the :"Get over it he was just a cat" reaction. If he had been a person I could speak of how deeply my grief goes as I would know people will understand. I could speak of it without feeling silly because "he was just a cat". But to me he was more then just a cat! But I don't dare talk about how sad I am! Or about how much I miss him still. Or about how hard it is for me to say goodbye and let him go! He is such a good cat and I miss him so. Even on this forum I am afraid to express this...

And I am sorry to bother you with this again. I guess I am just not dealing as well with this as I feel I should. Anyway, thanks, and you all have a wonderful day!
15 years ago 0 64 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Nice to hear about your two kittens
Usually the older they get and more puppylike are they. Like humans
p.S. Thanks for asking!
My other cats are cute and very nice. I tols stories about them in an earlier post. They are getting older too though. One of them has very bad arthritis in her hips and has a limp. but she is in good spirits and still active considering. Her weight is good and she eats well. The other one is a bit younger and still very spry. He acts like a kitten most of the time. So all in all I think they are well!
15 years ago 0 456 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
With my virurs Friday, I appreciated having a cat in the house.  Tigre-botte is my son's tri-colored Mainecoon. He is such a sweet huge cat that does wonders to keep my legs warm!!! feet to knees!! 

When he is hungry and the kids forget to fill the food bowl, tigre grabs the waist of my pants and pulls at me.  But I do not do litter boxes!!!

Diva,

How are your other cats?

Reading this thread: