Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,527 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

My cat

15 years ago 0 3043 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Diva,

Hang in there!!.  If you ate something that was contaminated, call your doctor.  If you begin to have symptoms go to the hospital and don't take chances.

I know you miss Oscar, but try to think some happy thoughts about him and remember him as he was.  You are doing well and you can get through this!  You will never forget Oscar, he will be with you always, but your pain of loss will lessen and you will be able to normalize. 

I hope tomorrow is a better day for you, we're here, let us all know how you're doing
15 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I miss my cat, I feel scared for the tainted food thing and argh! I am sick of my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Having a bad day. On top of it just learned I ate some contaminated meat from est.97B. Not sure what to do about it. Feel nauseous since this morning so now I feel scared. I hate this, I hate all of it. I am not happy with my life.
15 years ago 0 1693 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Diva,

I replied to you in another thread, so I won't repeat it here; but I hope you are doing well today, let us know how you are

Breanne, Bilingual Health Educator
Hello Mom of 3,

Thank you for the quick reply. It mean a lot to me that you offer me such kind and caring replies. Your support means the world.

You are right maybe starting up school will help. Atm I am just so tired it seems like a huge burden but the change might be good.

Will keep you posted more tommorrow. Am pretty beat atm... Later!
Hi Diva,

Sorry to hear that you're still so down.  There's no time line for grief and it takes it's time.  Keep trying to normalize as best as you can.  There's no real magic for that however. I'm glad to hear your husband has been trying to tend to your needs, this is a big help. 

Starting up with school again may be a good distraction, maybe try to look at the positives of starting back.  This way the negatives may not seem so bad. 

Keep us posted on how you're doing with all this.  I know you'll be able to suceed!

Hi guys,

Been tired and trying to take it more mellow this weekend this is why I was AWOL. I have trouble dealing with the loss of Oscar. I feel tired and sad and angry and unmotivated. The house is a mess and I can't seem to clean up. I have been pretty much binge eating and gaining weight.

I do have some moments of peace. I really try to enjoy every good thing or happy instant in my life. I spent time with my husband. He has been very nice.

This weekend he started in again with his excessive playing. Was feeling annoyed and hurt. I did talk to him though and he said he would be more careful. Since then he has taken me for a nice walk and has been careful of me and has been helping me with healthy food and such and I really appreciate his efforts.

I still carry Oscar's ashes with me around. I have trouble setting them down. But I do. I manage to set them down now. But then something sets me off and I feel sad and hurt and I miss him and I feel anxious and so then I pick the urn back up and I feel a bit better. I miss him so much.

I have been having trouble getting my homework done and working toward my goals. I am just happy to get through the day. Makes me feel lame though . I do hope I manage better soon.

On top of it I start school and work back up in well a week's time. I feel tired and sad and anxious. I feel completely unprepared for what is to come. I am starting a new program at a new school and I am exhausted! I feel exhausted all the time! I feel achy too. I feel achy in my body all the time. /sigh... I miss him.

I am having trouble sleeping. I can't fall asleep. I get so sad and I cry. Then once I manage to sleep I just can't wake up. I wake up and feel so down I go back to sleep. Not my best move.

But as I said I do have some better moments and I make sure to take advantage of all of them. So that is me for now. Thank you all for your support.
Diva,

In terms of the sessions, unfortunately you cannot skip the other sessions.
You might find the session helpful, but if you don't want to skip ahead that's ok, take your time.
Again, we're always here for you

Great advice mom of 3
Diva, hang in there. Like mom of 3 said, give yourself some time to be angry and upset. She's right, you are making excellent progress, and you should feel extremely proud of yourself.
We're always here for you,

Hi Diva,

Anger is part of the grieving process, so it's a normal reaction to be angry about your loss.  It's ok too.  You lost Oscar and he was dear to you, so you would be angry about that.  Once recognized, you can channel your anger in more appropriate ways so you don't take it out on Hubby.  Hang in there Diva, you're making progress even if it doesn't feel like it. 

Get some rest and allow yourself some time to be angry.  Keep us informed.

Reading this thread: