Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

Just to say hello

13 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sunny,

I am sorry you had such a difficult day.  It sounds like it was very frustrating!  It also sounds like you handled the situation very well.  Good for you!  I think writing a letter to your doctor is a good idea.

I'm also sorry to hear about your daughter.  Thank goodness she is ok and they are taking it well.

The grandkids for a month will be lots of fun!  Have you thought of any activities you will be doing with them?

Ashley, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good Morning:
  Ended up in emergency again - intense pain and blurring in left eye developed in the afternoon and although did call my opthamologist's office for consultation, he was with patients, of course.  So receptionist said she would talk to him between patients and call me back with answer to my two questions.  Needless to say, she never called me back.  I called back but couldn't get through, then when I did get through, office was closed and they don't take messages.  You can imagine how let down and frustrated I felt.  Here we go again.   Anyway, called a health line for info. and they advised with this kind of pain and blurring, etc. go to emergency.  So off I went for another 4-hr. or so wait.  Tired when I got home, but at least know that there is no internal bleeding and o.k. to keep using meds. until my laser appt. next wk. My own dr. was the opthamologist on call.  He didn't come to the hospital but details of examination, pressures, were given to him over the phone.

This morning, first thing, receptionist called because there was a file on her desk (from yesterday with the answers to my questions) from doctor saying exactly what he said last night.  I asked her why she didn't call back yesterday.  She answered because when it was time for her to go home, dr. was still with two patients, so she just left the file on his desk.  I kept my politeness but did let her know because of those two unanswered questions, I had to go to emerg. etc.  She said "sorry".  I will be writing a letter to my doctor about this incident.

Well, I slept o.k. and today, though still have blurry vision but less pain in that one eye, I'm o.k.  Not panicky at all - stressed though but handling it o.k.  BP doing great too.  Still listening to my relaxation tapes every day until all this settles down and also breathing exercises whenever I feel the stress. 

On a happier note:  my grandchildren from out west are coming for a month to visit. 
 But on a sad note, my youngest daughter had a miscarriage yesterday, but she and husband taking it very well and she is physically fine.  Thank you Lord for that.

Oh yes, and the visit yesterday a.m. with the person I'm helping with anxiety went very well too.

What a day! thanks for listening everybody and all your kind thoughts for me.

13 years ago 0 517 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sunny, you are in my thoughts.
I hope things clear up quickly. 

13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sunny

How are you? I hope you are better. The world keeps on spinning with or without us, I hate to see you miss any of it, Lord knows we have missed enough to this condition.

Davit
13 years ago 0 420 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
sunny,
This sounds like a very stressfull turn of events.  You sound like you are handleing it very well and are not letting the anxiety  get to you.  I am glad to hear that you are resting and taking it easy for now.

Red
13 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sunny,
What a rough time you've had....take it easy!
Cleo
13 years ago 0 86 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sunny, that must be very frustrating, all of it!  
Glad to hear that it is almost resolved.  Hang in there!!!

Hi Everyone:  I've read the latest posts to catch up.  I've had a hard time of it with my eyes - was allergic to the preservatives in eye drops and developed keratitis - had to go to emergency as my opthamologist was on holiday and when I called my GP about it for a referral to another opthamologist, she was on holidays!  I was stuck - so after a day of calling triage nurse and nearby hospital, optometrist, etc. (believe it or not, most of them were on holiday too) ended up in emerg.  Had to take other drops every hr. on the hr. except when sleeping.  Soooo tedious after awhile, but after three days, finally saw my opthamologist and though this ordeal is not over, at least it is almost resolved.  I will probably have to go to a nearby city for laser treatment again.  awaiting appt.  Still taking drops, but only 4 times a day now.  It has been painful and stressful but it's all going to be o.k.  The keratitis is what was causing the blurry vision but I didn't yet have that particular pain I experienced on the Thursday evening.  So, been taking it easy and all's well that ends well.  Talk about boring time though, with eyes closed most of the time. lol

So good to read about all your progress.  Way to go, all of you.
13 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sunny...I love your picture..the dog looks so comfy
Anerol...Sory to hear about your dog, but love your painting...you are very creative 
Red... your picure is great, good for you for doing more exercise
Cleo

Anerol:  You think outside the box - I like that.  I used to have a cat, then two together.  Then after those two a beautiful marmalade one.  That was before I had children.  For some reason I developed allergies to cats after my first child.  Weird, but o.k. with dogs whom I love too.  Heck, I luv all animals.

Reading this thread: