Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,527 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Just to say hello

13 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Samatha,
I had a great day..eventually got bored so had to do something constructive. Baked all sorts of yummy goodies.
Have a good day,
Cleo

13 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Cleo!

Enjoy your day of rest and relaxation! Be sure to check in and let us know how it goes!

Samantha, Health Educator
I just want to say hi to everyone...I'm off today... its raining...yet again! Hubby's away... I'm staying in my pj's all day...reading my book and just lazing around with the dog. Just cause I can! lol 

Cleo
13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Luciddream:  yes, we have often done it together.  first with my own children, then my grandchildren.  The eldest grandchild, - 15 yrs. old - isn't much interested anymore, though he might try the clay.  I have shown himhow to use a few tools too.  It is the middle child who has a real talent, but we all fun with it.  Mostly it's the creativity which I encourage as that can help you later in life, you know, thinking outside the box, finding solutions to problems.
13 years ago 0 86 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sunny, what an amazingly composed way that you dealt with all of that.  It must have been frustrating.

So sorry about your daughter.  But, as you said, it's good that she is physically fine. That is indeed a big positive.

I have to ask: do you and your family do the watercolours and sketching together?  What a nice way to enjoy family!  I have a friend who is an excellent artist and when we used to go on trips together, we'd spend evenings drawing or painting in our hotel room.  It was such a relaxing, memorable time!

Thanks everyone:  for me emergency for this particular problem is about an hour's drive away so I do try and avoid it, then had to get someone to drive me.  don't like putting someone out, but guess we have to learn how to receive and give the others a chance to give.
13 years ago 0 517 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sunny,
Great job at handling all of that! I would be so frustrated too if I had to go emergency because of a delay from the doc! Does Canada have Urgent Care? I usually go there instead of emergency since, the wait time is still long, but not as long. (But I guess, it depends on the place.) I long for the beach... that is where i used to calm down... but there isn't much nice beaches where i've moved back. I hope you enjoy it. Much sympathy for your daughter's loss.
Sunny,
Sorry to hear of the rough time you've had...and for your daughter... it sounds like you handled all this remarkably well...Good for you!
Have fun with your grandkids.
Cleo
13 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sunny!

I am so happy you are able to remain positive even after the difficult ordeal you just went through!

It sounds like you have a lot to look forward to!  
Ashley, Health Educator
Hi Ashley: 
I won't have them for the entire month - they'll be seeing their other set of grandparents too for awhile.  The children are l5, 12, 11 yrs. of age, so they can really take care of themselves now.  They are from my eldest son.

I am planning to take them to our beach nearby and we'll be doing some family type camping.  It'll be the first time we do that with my two daughters and their families.  My role has changed as I'll be the one sitting at the tent watching the littlest one have his nap while they are at the beach.  It's o.k., I am just so happy to have them all around me.  I've had my bikini beach days too!  Now it's their turn, isn't life just awesome and wonderful?  I can't take the hottest time of day sun and can read in the shade, or have a snooze myself.

Another thing we do is artwork.  We sketch and paint watercolours.  We haven't done much clay modelling, but maybe this yr. since I have some clay.  Maybe they'll help with the gardens? hahaha, no I won't be putting them to work, but they certainly are welcome to join in.

Even with all our troubles, life is good

Reading this thread: