Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,517 Members

Please welcome our newest members: AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl

Very Panicky Today

12 years ago 0 542 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am going to try to walk the dog and get some fresh air. My husband is angry at me even through he was just as worried, he said I "pulled him into my worry world" but I know deep down he was just as worried as I was. I so hope and pray tommorow is calm and uneventful, the last week or so has been bad, I have to hope pray and believe better healthy days are coming. You are a wonderful friend Carmie, I am so grateful for you, thank you.
12 years ago 0 373 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You are a wonderful mother, Debora.  It makes me happy to be able to see how much you care for him.  I can also see what a strong woman you are.  You may not feel like it now because you had to fight so today.  I think if you rest and relax and have a cup of tea, things will start to look up.
Do you have a favorite song?

thank you Sunny Carmie and Donna,

I never got to call today I had a horrible situation with my son and it went on the back burner. I am having a very very bad day, the symptoms are awful, stomach and chest pain, I feel like I am having a breakdown, I must stay strong for my son.
12 years ago 0 28 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great words of encouragement there Sunny!  I agree Debora.....you will do great!  I had put off seeing my OB-GYN since last year because of my chronic pain from the surgery plus having anxiety.  I was amazed at how well I did, but everybody kept telling me I needed to go to get my hormone levels checked.

12 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Debora:  I am so happy to hear you have found a female doctor.  You have been looking for one for quite awhile.  Pls. do make that appt.  You have nothing to lose and all to gain.  It doesn't matter if you are very nervous and shaky.  Let her see your symptoms so she can really understand and see for herself.  I say "Good going!".  Remember we are all here holding your hand - we will be there in spirit.
I'm going to start praying for you tonight - pls. let us know when your appt. will be and I will be there in spirit.  
D. you have come so far, you can do this.  I remember one appt. I had, I almost passed out from hyperventilation.  This is years ago now.  No one thought anything bad about me, they took very good care of me.  Now I can just go and have an appt. like any average person.  You'll get there too, I believe in you.  Now you believe in yourself, okay?  :-)

Sunny
Hi Donna,

Thank you for writing be back. My neighbor did tell me about a lady Doctor who will do a pelvic I am trying to get the courage to call and make an appt. She says she is very very nice and I can get it "all" done at one time, maybe even a mamogram too.

I wrote you on the "girls please help" forum Donna, I wanted to ask you a question if you would read that and write me back, its probably more appropriate on that site. Thank you for you're information, I know you are going through this too.
12 years ago 0 28 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I don't know what all can be done through your primary doctor, but with mine, he can even peform a pelvic exam.  I didn't know that until my last visit year before last when I was in for my yearly physical exam.  He asked if I wanted that done and I said I didn't need it since I had already went to my OB-GYN.  He said they have the availability to offer it because they never know if a woman will need that done as part of the yearly physical exam.   Try giving your doctor a call to see if they can do that too and it may save you a trip to the OB GYN.

Hi Carmie and Davit,

Thank you for writing me back. The good news is that I did NOT have a panic attack today, that is my posiitve and I am glad of it. I feel very very tired through, very depressed, this is normal for me through, I go through a rough panic time and then depression follows because I was unable to control myself. I know I need to go to the doctor and I need to go badly but with the agorophobia its so hard, when I first had this four years ago I was running to the Doc once or twice a week and it never really helped me so I guess I just gave up, the pain in my ovaries is scaring me too death, I have convinced myself I have ovarian cancer, I was even having visions of my hair falling out from chemotherapy and radation and being cut open in the hospital I had to yell STOP DEB!!! and push those horrible terrible thoughts from my mind, its so hard to function when you feel like that, that is why I think I sleep so much, its the only time when I am at peace from these racing scary thoughts.

I expect pain down there before my time or during it, but once its over I should NOT be having pain, unless my mind is manufacturing it?! I never heard in perimenopause that you're ovaries hurt, in fact since they are not producing eggs and are "slowing down" there should be less or no pain, and the heartburn and gas are symptoms too, how I wish I never ever looked that up, it made me worse, I looked it up to disprove my fears and it just made it worse because I DO have five symptoms.

Can anxiety and fear cause lower stomach pain? to radiate too the back? I know I have had chest pain, arm pain, headaches and upper stomach pain from it, so I guess I could have lower pain, maybe its IBS, I hear that is common with people with panic and depression, I am trying too "find" less scary reasons for the pain, if I could just STOP thinking about it perhaps it would go away, my last pelvic was very painful and I had problems afterwards so that is probably whats scaring me also.

I dont think I belong in a hospital either Davit, I think it helps some but it would not help me, I mean what could they do? they cannot pull the fear out of me. I have too do it myself. I am going to do some breathing PMR now, and I will write back or you can write me back, how I love to hear from you all. Thank you so much! I am praying too God to lead me on the right path.
12 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Debora.

In my opinion you will have to get a lot worse before you get committed. People don't get sent for being afraid of dying they get sent for planning on dying. I know, remember I've been there.
They don't get sent for looking run down although you can commit yourself for that. 
The psych ward is better conditions than what a lot of old age pensioners live under. More a rest home than anything. TV exaggerates it. There are no straight jackets and locked doors. In fact you can refuse the meds even. I just found the routine boring.

Davit.
12 years ago 0 373 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Goals are the best - this site helped me to figure that out. So, you will go to see your primary care physician in a week or so?  I think it will be great to get a physical and give yourself peace of mind. 
Keep up the good work.  You may be shaky and scared but I can tell from your posts that you are trying really hard - and every day it will get easier.  You'll get through this and I expect you'll come to appreciate everything so much more.  I know that I do!

Reading this thread: