Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,629 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC

I see trouble in the next week 4 me

16 years ago 0 363 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Will do Lainey. Heres a scarey picture for everyone, I think a hot bubble bath, some Native American wood flute music, a large cold glass of green tea, and scented candles are in order for tonight. The stress is leaving my body just thinking about it.. My Mileage Smoke-Free Days: 80 Cigarettes Not Smoked: 3,864 Amount Saved: $768.00 Life Gained: Days: 11 Hrs: 16 Mins: 0 Seconds: 16
  • Quit Meter

$37,701.30

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 991 Hours: 14

Minutes: 27 Seconds: 10

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
"Whenever trouble arises, hold your head high, look it squarely in the eye and say 'I will be bigger than you! You cannot defeat me!' 'I can handle even the worst situations!'" Put this one on your frig PB, and read it every morning! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 169 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,225 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,782.95 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 20 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
16 years ago 0 1040 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Pokerbrat, I didn't really start to get comfortable until after 120 days. I'm certainly not surprised to hear that you're struggling right now, especially in light of the emotional challenges you've been dealing with. It will get better. Honest! :) Just ride it out and remember the basics. And...do something nice for yourself!! You may not feel like it, but do it anyway! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 168 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,200 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,554.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 27 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
16 years ago 0 2462 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[quote] The junkie keeps telling me its a bad time to quit, to quit later when things are easier. [/quote] But what the junkie refuses to acknowledge is that you ARE quit...80 days worth. Like Imaquitter, my children live far far away from me...we are fortunate if we can see each other once a year. And each time we say goodbye, my heart just breaks. The part of us that is still fighting the addiction sometimes gets overwhelmed when things get emotional...power through, Pokerbrat. You can get through this. As you say, today belongs to you! Rusty :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/13/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 981 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 27,468 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,433.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 138 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
  • Quit Meter

$54,943.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 648 Hours: 20

Minutes: 50 Seconds: 10

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Thanks everyone, I think I'm coping with it ok, but the crave just won't quit. So maybe I'm not dealing with it???? Maybe I'm trying to ignore it and the crave is there because it is unresolved??? By the way Anna, I don't use NRT's, I went cold turkey from day 1, and I have to stay that way, if I put any kind of nicotine into my body now, it would be a mistake. Maybe it's just a period I'm going through, I have read where 100 days is a tough time...maybe 80 is a bad time for me. I know 21 days into a quit is terrible for me, but I got through it ok, so I just have to keep the quit, I need to remind myself of why I did it. The junkie keeps telling me its a bad time to quit, to quit later when things are easier. The thing is, life never gets easier, there is always something in it to make things complicated, or stressful. So I need to rid myself of the negative thoughts. Maybe I should just remember that invisible hand that I felt like I had over my mouth when I would try and breathe, what a horrible feeling that was, not being able to catch your breath from doing nothing, just sitting. Yea, that does the trick, I hated that feeling!! Not today junkie, this day belongs to me! My Mileage Smoke-Free Days: 80 Cigarettes Not Smoked: 3,864 Amount Saved: $768.00 Life Gained: Days: 11 Hrs: 16 Mins: 0 Seconds: 16
  • Quit Meter

$37,701.30

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Minutes: 27 Seconds: 10

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 177 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh - I feel so bad for you! Took me back to a place very similar. I remarried and moved from Florida 3 1/2 years ago to TN and OK (long story). My daughter was working and didn't want to move because she loves Florida so I let her stay in the house. It was the hardest thing I have EVER done. But in the end, it has been the best thing that happened to us. We were always close, but we had our moments and I have found that when I do see her it is absolutely wonderful. We have quality time and never argue. Sure, it is hard at times but we email and call daily and I am never more than a 2 hour flight away. Hang in there - it will be really hard but keep the quit - think of it as a gift to your son as well as yourself! Let the tears flow, breathe and keep your hands busy by writing letters to your son. We're here for you! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 60 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $13.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
16 years ago 0 3541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
We're all right there with you pokerbrat. Take my hand, I will pull you up. You're not alone with this and Rusty is right, it will be OK. Breathe, drink water, get some straws or mints or whatever works for you, tell the junkie to kiss your ash & keep going! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 100 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,000 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,100.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
16 years ago 0 2417 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ditto to Rusty's post. Take this one hour at a time. Using the patch to get you through this is a good idea! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/8/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 225 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,375 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $945.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 20 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
16 years ago 0 2462 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
PB, you are going through a very stressful time. It's normal that you would be feeling not so perky right now. That's okay. Pamper yourself. Allow yourself to feel all those feelings. But at some point, relax your shoulders and breathe deeply and say to yourself "It's all going to be all right." Worrying won't make it so. Time will. So allow yourself to heal from the emotional bruising you've taken. You can get through even this...one day at a time. Rusty :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/13/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 981 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 27,468 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,433.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 138 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
  • Quit Meter

$54,943.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 648 Hours: 20

Minutes: 50 Seconds: 10

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

It's definately a crave Anna, I actually had dreams last night I was craving, is that possible? I woke up this morning and had to hit the gum immediately. My Mileage Smoke-Free Days: 80 Cigarettes Not Smoked: 3,850 Amount Saved: $768.00 Life Gained: Days: 11 Hrs: 15 Mins: 7 Seconds: 10
  • Quit Meter

$37,701.30

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Minutes: 27 Seconds: 11

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: