Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,623 Members

Please welcome our newest members: SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC, HMAZO, MLISING

I see trouble in the next week 4 me

16 years ago 0 2417 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Are you sure you are not just really anxious about your son and you are calling it "cravings"???? I am kind of thinking that you are. I think you are doing the right thing by walking. Exercise cures all kinds of problems. You ARE being strong, whether you think you are or not. Tell yourself that you are, and you will be. Treat this as the beginning of your quit - drink lots of water, replace a new habit (mine was sucking on mints) with smoking, ect...you know the drill. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/8/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 224 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,360 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $940.80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 20 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
16 years ago 0 219 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That's great PB! I'm so glad that YOU're glad you did it:) Humidity is tough, but you did it! Hmm, claws on the ceiling remedy... I'll move the cat bed directly under you until I can think of something:) mk [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 90 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $22.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
16 years ago 0 363 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well I just walked for 45 minutes, legs felt good, better than my lungs....had a hard time catching my breath, it must be 99% humidity outside. Just another reminder of why I quit in the first place!! I do feel better after walking :) Thanks for the input mamakitty, I got my claws dug in deep, but I think I'm on the ceiling ;p My Mileage Smoke-Free Days: 79 Cigarettes Not Smoked: 3,808 Amount Saved: $758.40 Life Gained: Days: 11 Hrs: 11 Mins: 58 Seconds: 9
  • Quit Meter

$37,701.30

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 991 Hours: 13

Minutes: 16 Seconds: 33

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 219 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
(((PB))) I would have stats almost like you if I hadn't given in to the slipping game after feeling just like that. Well, it wasn't worth it if that helps any:) I'm not mad at myself anymore, but I am learning:) First of all, I'm really proud of you!! Walking when I can is helping me, especially when the huge crave waves sneak up on me. For distractions, I just discovered a new one that's the best thing since breathing exercises! It's called tapping and is kind of like self therapy. Tapping.com has free videos and one is to stop smoking:) I find it really takes the edge off. Each one of us has to take this one day at a time PB... I'm so glad you're posting instead of that other thing! Hang on with all 20 claws, Mamakitty [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 90 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $22.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
Funny, I'm not feeling very strong right now, I feel like I'm close to falling. I know it's all in my head, but I'm having physical withdrawl symptoms. For example, the sweating and hot flashes, I set at a desk the majority of my work day, nothing hard about that right?? But right now, I smell like I just got done running a marathon. So I know I am sweating, and I know its from craving. It's all just driving me nuts right now. Maybe I should walk at lunch, I haven't been walking lately due to the heat. I already stink, might as well have a reason to stink. LOL Thanks for the encouragment Lainey and Anna, coming here and hearing anothers point of veiw really helps. My Mileage Smoke-Free Days: 79 Cigarettes Not Smoked: 3,808 Amount Saved: $758.40 Life Gained: Days: 11 Hrs: 11 Mins: 58 Seconds: 9
  • Quit Meter

$37,701.30

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

I have been thinking about you PB - You are such a strong person. You probably don't think you are, but I do. Check out those stats! Hope you and your family are doing well. Keep us posted about your son, and you of course! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/8/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 224 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,360 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $940.80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 20 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
16 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Keep your head up Pokerbrat! That's the Junkie trying to get you back while you're feeling sad about your son! It seems the cravings tend to be tougher when we have an emotional day, or period. Don't let him win! You are in control! Smoking won't change any of it anyway, it will just make you feel worse after losing a great quit! So tell the Junkie to get lost! (Heard a great one yesterday.."Kiss my big butt NIC!") Be strong, You can do it and you will! Smoking is NOT an option! NOPE! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 168 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,200 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,772.40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 20 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
Sorry I missed the bonfire Anna, I have had a terrible weekend. Everywhere I turn I see something that reminds me of my son. My other son stayed with friends all weekend, so I was alone most of the weekend, and I have been on a whale of a crave since Thursday. Even as I write this, I am having hot flashes, sweating, and wanting a smoke worse than ever. It's been like this all weekend, I had to leave the poker game Saturday evening because of it. I actually thought I would stop and buy a pack, but I drove home, constantly telling myself it wouldn't help any. I'm not sure how long I can keep it up, I can feel my resolve getting weaker and weaker as time goes by. A 4 day crave just isn't fair, I know I'm missing my son, I know I'm sad over him leaving, but I also know it's for the best. So why a 4 day crave? It's like hell week all over again. I really want to stay smoke free, and I guess I need to keep reminding myself of that. The junkie in me is still alive and stronger than I thought, it reminded me that this battle isn't anywhere near over. I was almost blind sided, I probably should have came here for support, but I didn't. I just took it one hour at a time. 79 days in and feeling like day 2, what an awful addiction we have. My Mileage Smoke-Free Days: 79 Cigarettes Not Smoked: 3,808 Amount Saved: $758.40 Life Gained: Days: 11 Hrs: 11 Mins: 58 Seconds: 9
  • Quit Meter

$37,701.30

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Poker, if you can, get your booty to the bonfire tonight. You must be awful proud of your son! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/8/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 220 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,300 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $924.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 20 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
16 years ago 0 911 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
PB, I find this site a God send too! Lean on us anytime. We all have our good days and our bad days and the people here will share them all with you if you wish ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/16/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 212 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,240 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $593.60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 20 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4

Reading this thread: