Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Alex 2 1
lara 1 0

Most Loved

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,558 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PMYKEL JOHN, Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN

I had a heart attack and I have to quit smoking

17 years ago 0 948 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats on making it through this one. Glad to here you are doing a bit better and glad we could help. Thats what we are here for. Hope the rest of your day goes well and smooth. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 41 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,041 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $205 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
17 years ago 0 24 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
No not on the IM, but its passing I just need to vent sometimes when I am close, Thanks guys you have helped more than you know. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/2/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 241 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $58.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
Wendel Changing is right, you said no 240 other times. SAY NO this time. This is just a trigger and this is what we prepare ourselves for. So just hang in there and it will pass and this will be just one less trigger you will have to deal with later. We are here for you so take hold and lets get you through this together!!! Are you on the IM? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 41 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,041 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $205 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
17 years ago 0 1155 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wendel - Hold on and hold on tight! There's nothing any of us can say to make you feel better - we all have been there and know how it feels. But stop and think a minute...how would you feel right now if you had smoked 10 minutes ago? Guilty? Mad? Sad? In acute withdrawal again? SO NOT WORTH IT!!!! The risks of smoking are too high, and believe it or not, the rewards of not-smoking are incredible! Look at your Quit Meter - You've said [color=Red]NO![/color] to cigarettes 240 times over the past 10 days - you can certainly do it one more time! Let us know how you're doing! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 46 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,632 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $299 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
  • Quit Meter

$1,135,525.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5541 Hours: 9

Minutes: 54 Seconds: 28

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

yeah I have the nic gum, been chewing it all day. I dont know what it is. Yes I do its stress. I am hanging strong but those demons, are relentless. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/2/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 241 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $58.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
I am sorry Wendel that you are having a very bad day. We all get them. Stay strong, you can do this. Try thinking of some positive things. I know that is hard when you feel this way. But don't give up, you have to be stronger than the nicodemon! This is what he wants. He wants you to cave. BUT WE KNOW YOU CAN MAKE IT PAST THIS. Do you have any gum or candy that you can use right now? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 41 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,040 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $205 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
I am not doing good, I am stressed and all I want to do is have a cigarette, this is not a good place where I am at right now. I am at work so I cant get up and go for a walk, the water is making me go to bathroom all day. And the breathing techniques, well lets just say are non responsive.. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/2/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 240 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $58.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
17 years ago 0 1155 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good Morning Wendel! I was looking for you yesterday and hoping you were okay! I wouldn't be too alarmed about eyeing the cigarette display at the gas station - I think it's instinctual for most of us at this point. The important thing is that you didn't buy any! And, it's okay to be testy - better to be testy & alive then sweet & dead! Check out your Quit Meter - [size=4]This is Day #10 smoke-free!!![/size]. That's amazing! You should feel very proud! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 46 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,623 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $299 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41
  • Quit Meter

$1,135,525.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5541 Hours: 9

Minutes: 54 Seconds: 28

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Wendel I am 41 days and i still look behind the counter when I am at the store. When I see an empty pack on the ground that someone has disgarded, it all makes you think, but as long as we don't act on that thought we are doing fine. I was grumpy for a while too, but that part does pass. The more positive you try and be the less of the grumpys you get. Keep reminding yourself of all the positive things you are doing. Keep up the good work and congrats for beging strong enought to walk away from that counter. You are getting better every day!!!! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 41 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,034 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $205 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wendel Well done ROCK ON WE CAN DO IT! Phil [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 246 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,420 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1291.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 49 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10

Reading this thread: