Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,558 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PMYKEL JOHN, Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN

I had a heart attack and I have to quit smoking

17 years ago 0 24 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Definitely Angel, I could not pass up the opportunity to post that, I thought it was hysterical.. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/2/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 92 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $19.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
17 years ago 0 948 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wendel That was great! Now I don't feel so bad that I ate that piece of Mouse Pie today, that one slice was 460 Calories! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 35 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 892 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $175 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
17 years ago 0 18 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes this is probably one of the best site i haver encountered, the most active and helpful. with this great support it should be much easier. now i am beginning to get soo upset with this tobacco companies and how they have conned us. really upset. the addiction is strong that they made sure to use the strongest chemicals in order for us to get hooked on it. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 69 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $16 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
iwantapinklungagain, I'm LMAO at your nick!! That is truly a great nick. I want one of those too. LOL You are so right...We will get through this together.....Every last one of us. Isn't it great to have this site to come to for support? I know I wouldn't have made it without all of my friends here. This is a tough battle but it's worth it. It's one we can all win by sticking to our coping mechanisms and to each other. iwantapinklungagain, you already have 4 huge, huge days behind you. Hell week is just about over. Way to Go!!! Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 46 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,096 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $165.14 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
17 years ago 0 18 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hello,we are all here to support each other and we will make it, we will conquer the 'monster'. i know at the beginning is depressing especially if you had health problems but life is constantly changing so you will see that soon you will feel better. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 69 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $16 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
17 years ago 0 1155 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Wendel - First of all - I think we're all a bunch of cloudy heads--- Look at your meter: [color=Red]YOU'VE ALREADY MADE IT THROUGH 3 DAYS![/color]. [b]You are on Day #4 today![/b] The nicotine is almost completely out of your system (usually takes around 72 hours) - so the worst of the physical cravings are over - it's all a mental game now. And, it's a game that you CAN win! So, feel proud - you are done with the worst 3 days of Hell Week, and you'll wake up tomorrow already on Day #5. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 40 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,420 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $260 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
  • Quit Meter

$1,135,525.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5541 Hours: 9

Minutes: 24 Seconds: 27

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Day 3 can be pretty rough for some....LIKE ME!! For a lot of folks, it's a breeze. We're all so different and so are our quits. I sure do know what you mean Wendel. I wish I hadn't accepted that cigarette way back when it was offered to me. I feel like writing a strongly worded letter to my friend who offered her bad habit to me back in 1978!! ha ha ha ha Wonder where she is. :mad: You're doing great, Wendel. You have yourself equipped to do this and you're strong enough to beat it. Plus, you have a great support group here and we're all behind you. Stay Strong Now, Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 46 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,096 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $165.14 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
17 years ago 0 24 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Tutti, and Dreamer, Why is it the infamous day 3? Is it the day that can make or break u? Lots of water, a bat to beat my head in, hard candy, puzzles, and post on this website, are what I need. I am trying to stay occupied, change routines where was smoking. I just want the urge to go away, like it was never in my life or a part of it. I know u can understand. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/2/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 89 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $19.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
17 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wendal, if you have made it through the first day without smoking you have it made...you did not die (like we all thought we would in our nicotine dominated brain if we did not smoke for a whole day) and you went a whole second day without smoking and you are going to make it through today, too! It won't be a totally easy day today but you will make it. I don't know about you but I refuse to ever smoke again because I have made it through that AWFUL FIRST DAY and I never intend to do that again! SO, from a "two week, two day non-smoker my advice to you is: lots of deep breaths (cause now you can...right?) some hard candies, a little nic gum and you're gonna LIVE SMOKE FREE....YIPEEEEEEEEE! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/20/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 328 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
Wendel, This is the infamous Day 3. How are you doing today? I know you CAN do this and just think, after today all nicotine is physically gone from your body. Ain't that grand!!? ;) Day 3 can be more difficult because you've gone and pissed off that nicotine demon. If you're hit with hard cravings today, take a big ole swig of water, slam the bottle down on your desk, make that "Awe" sound, wipe the excess water from your top lip, and then say, "Ahh, bite me." You have to say that really tough or it won't work. ;p Seriously, post a lot today as you have time. We're here for you and it's so great that the nicotine is almost out of your system. Not only that but you're halfway through Hell Week. You're doing fantastic. Stay Strong with Us, Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 46 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,089 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $165.14 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24

Reading this thread: