Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,558 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PMYKEL JOHN, Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN

I had a heart attack and I have to quit smoking

17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Wendel, LOL I'm sorry for laughing but you have a wonderful way with words. ha ha ha I felt EXACTLY the same way during those first three days. Man, you're halfway through that 72 hours when the nicotine will be physically GONE from your body. I know you don't want to go back to the beginning. You're really doing great. I know it doesn't feel great because that demon is trying to make you give in and grab a fix. Show him/her just who's stronger. You have a huge support group right here with you. You CAN do this. Did I tell you just how nice you smell today? ;p You gotta laugh just to blow off the steam. Still here for you. Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 45 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,053 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $161.55 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
17 years ago 0 24 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Tutti, and angelcapp Well I am drinking lots of water, and trying to keep my mind body and soul occupied. I know it will pass, but could it please hurry up. Ok feel better, venting is good. Day 2 and its dragging, but not on a smoke
Hi Wendel, How are you doing? Give us a post and fill us in when you have time, okay? Try to think differently about those temptations you're seeing. Have you noticed that in those movies, the pretty people are always Non Smokers? The smokers seem to mostly look like the town drunk. (Crap, I hope there are no town drunks here.) Anyway, you're one of those pretty people with fresh breath, nice smelling hair, and fresh clothes. Try to think positive. Let's not forget the most important thing, YOUR HEART and the rest of your body is HEALING right now!!! With every single crave, remind youself of that fact. All of the smokers that you see on the corner, they may very well be where you were when you had your heart attack. Feel for them, don't be tempted. Are you drinking lots and lots of water? ha ha ha ha ha Stay Tough!!! Keep talking to us because we're here for you every step of the way. Tutti
17 years ago 0 948 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Wendel2 This too shall pass. I know how you feel. Sometimes seeing the quit smoking commercials make me want one. Some days everything makes me want one. Here is where we need to stay strong. We need to kick the devil out when he is trying to get in and tell us to smoke. Lets kick some devil butt together! Ready - Set - Lets GO!!!!! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 34 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 863 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $170 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
yeah you can tell me how to resist temptation, because its everywhere, every corner, movies, advertising. The only thing I find helping is the truth.com commercials. But I am trying so I guess this feeling will pass too...
Hey Wendel, Don't beat yourself up because it's a lot harder to get back on your feet when you do that. Let me say too, you're a lot harder on yourself than anyone else will be. The thing is, YOU do want to quit. Over the weekend the ADDICT got the upper hand. But YOU still want to quit. I did that same thing. Before I ever quit, I came here and posted a question and it was this: "Does it make sense to want to want to quit?" I received some great advice but, I didn't let it sink in. I actually quit on Feb. 14th and Four days into my quit, I slipped. I was so disgusted with myself. I came here and posted that I had slipped and received more advice. Then I got busy on the workbook over to the left again and quit again on Feb. 18th, the same day that I had slipped. I knew I had to get right back up and carry on because the more you smoke and the longer you smoke, the harder it is to quit. Please get back up, okay? You CAN do this. When you're ready, try again and when it feels like the world is crashing around you, come here and post first. Someone will come running. We all, every single one of us, knows what it feels like to be hanging on with white knuckles. When you're ready, we'll be here for you. Hugs, Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 58 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,634 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $208.22 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
17 years ago 0 1155 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wendel - PLEASE don't give up - your life is worth fighting for! Do whatever it takes - try hypnotism or acupuncture or whatever else you can. You slipped over the weekend. Today is a new day. Each day brings you a new chance to start your future! Please keep posting! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 52 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,833 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $338 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
  • Quit Meter

$1,135,525.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5541 Hours: 9

Minutes: 34 Seconds: 17

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 95 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wendel, I am really sorry about your slip, and I am hoping you use it as an educational experience. Each of us has been down that path before, and we have to brush ourselves off, remember what we are trying to accomplish, and get back in the saddle. You can do this!! Your smoke free life will be great!!! And remember, you can always reach out to us!!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 34 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 688 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $221 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
17 years ago 0 948 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
So sorry Wendel. Please don't beat yourself up about this, learn from it and get back on that horse and try again. Not all of us succeed on our first try, or second try, or third try. Sometimes this takes four or five trys. But don't give up. You can do this. We will all still be here to support you if you do come back. My prayers are with you always. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 47 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,184 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $235 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
Not the best weekend, I slipped, I smoked, but I am ok with it, I am truly at whits end with this quit. You have to want to, and I am asking myself why dont I. I have had second chances upon second chances at trying to get things right, and I get two weeks into something and the satifaction of going on with it is not as rewarding for instant gratification. I am looking into hypnosis. Thank you everybody for the concearn, its not going unappreciated. Just too many storms brewing everywhere.

Reading this thread: