Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.760 posts in 47.060 threads.

160,784 Members

Please welcome our newest members: AGAMBOA, BMARCOS, KLIGO, LBUELA, RBORBON

This tuesday is my quit date

17 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Dune...just popping in to see how you are doing on day 3. Per your request....day 4.........................................................................................................................................................drum roll please........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................Not so bad. Truly, not so bad. A few moments here and there, but best day yet!!:)
17 years ago 0 983 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Dunedad, I'm so happy for you.....I actually did really good yesterday, then this morning came, I knew I was doing to good to be true.....I yelled at the husband, the daughter, the son, the dog and the cat.....(ok, not the cat...), but the rest of the family felt my wrath....My kids, since they have been through this before, know what to expect the first week and were actually giggling at my "altered state of mind"....finding a pair of socks that actually matched for my son in the sock basket of hell was enough to almost send me into divorce court! So on the way to work, I stopped, purchased a pack, smoked a 1/2 a cig and threw the rest of the pack out the window. So my altered state is better temporarily....I really really hate these cancer sticks!!!!! I'm going to do this, I'm not giving up, and I'm not switching my quit meter yet...I have to do this!!!!! thanks for listening! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 29 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $5.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
Dunedad, One other thing...I'm so proud of you...we can do this together....I love reading how your doing and the things you are going through...I also snapped at my hubby last night for wanting to discuss Thanksgiving Dinner.....go figure...poor guy...keep posting, stay strong. When I was at the doctor's office with my son, I saw a picture of what damaged lungs look like and also of lungs with lung cancer. We can go through this pain to be healther, I don't want to become a statistic. Good luck today..talk again tomorrow. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 53 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $11 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
Hello Dunedad and everyone, Day 2 was much better, no smokes!!!!!! and this morning was still a little emotionally rough for my family, but I tried harder to relax and I wizzed right by the gas station! Once at work, I really do good because it's a non-smoking environment. One item to share, yesterday my 11 year old son had a doctor's appointment, picked him up from Basketball practice....first of all, could actually smell that boys after playing basketball don't smell so good....never knew that...secondly...could smell that he had garlic on his breath (never could do that before), thirdly....not sure what he had for lunch besides an entire clove of garlic, but he also broke wind.....OMG......it made my eyes water....so glad to be able to have the senses come alive and experience such wonderful smells :8o:... I would like to say a special thanks to all the great advice and words of wisdom from everyone....especially Cheermom and Phil....I was thinking of their words this morning when driving past the gas station....I think I can really do this!!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 53 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $11 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
My quit date is also tomorrow, Tuesday, Election Day, so we can do it together....You are not alone....and neither am I! So many things I am worried about, mostly the edginess, I also have two kids, 14 and 11, and I want to see them grow up and see the grand babes some day. Good Luck to us!!!!!
17 years ago 0 985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Kevin, saw your post to c.c. and I too started using the patch yesterday (off of the gum) and I had to take the patch off after several hours of tossing and turning last night. As soon as I awoke this a.m. I put on a new one. I had read that the patch may cause prob's with sleeping, even with strange dreams. Bottom line is that neither of us is smoking! :) Now onto a new day.. a new smoke FREE day ! ! ! Monica [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 166 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $72 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
Way to go KEVIN!!!!!! We're all here for ya sweetie :) Congrats on day one and keep on updating us!!! ((((((((((((BIG hugz)))))))))) Monica [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 165 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $72 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
Hiya Dunedad :) So how goes it? Keep us posted k? Thinking about you and sending you many (((((((((((((hugz))))))))))))) of support! Monica :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 216 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $90 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
Hiya Dunedad! :) I started a week ago Tues., on Halloween! Wishing you all the very best in your journey towards a much healthier lifestyle. I've only been here for 2 days and the support is absolutely overwhelming. The advice is incredible -- Have received more than I could have ever imagined. I smoked for 28 yrs, a pack a day (20) and sometimes the large pack when days for me were wickedly stressful. I'm using Nicorettes and on an anti anxiety med., so I wish you much success on the patch! If you want to hook up to chat I have IM so you can check and see if I'm online, would be pleased to chat if only for a few mins or longer. (((((((BIG HUG))))))) of support, Monica :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 109 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $45 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
Hello Kevin, Wanted to extend my full support to you as you throw out all reminants of old nick this evening and begin your new smoke free journey! :) I see you added yourself to my buddy list :) :) Whenever I'm online I'll only be too pleased to chat with you.. I need all the support I can get too. ((((((((hugz))))))) of support!!!! Monica [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 126 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $54 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45

Reading this thread: