Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.760 posts in 47.060 threads.

160,788 Members

Please welcome our newest members: mandie1991, AGAMBOA, BMARCOS, KLIGO, LBUELA

This tuesday is my quit date

17 years ago 0 290 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am anxiously anticipating my ritual of monday night, when I tear up any remaining smokes I have, put the patch on the night stand and go to sleep. To wake to official start of my journey (although really the official time I think is when I logged onto this site), as a non smoker. I dont quite know what to expect, I havent gone a day without a cigarette in over 15 years, and even that was a partial day, when I last attempted to quit. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 290 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Nicotine demons in full effect tonight! I had a great day, passed on a few smokes that I would have normally lit up. I had my evening planned, finish step 4, print my coping skills, do some chattin' etc...... I got home to NO internet connection!!! :confuse:. The power cord to my modem went out! What the hell!! Anyway I finally got it patched in with my router cord and an hour or so of tech support to reconfig...I am back! :eg: And ready! Ok everybody thanks for all your support, I didnt really realise how important you are until I didnt have an internet connection and a way to connect with you. So finish step 4.....to do patches ready..........check coping aid...........check get rid of all cig related products.......check (almost, 1 last smoke to have, 3 to crush!!! Wish me luck guys, tomorrow it is: [color=Red]MY QUIT DATE[/color] I will follow up tomorrow!!! Alas, to know your pain and victories, I join you! GERONIMO!!!!!!
17 years ago 0 14 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Kevin! Good for you. You should be looking forward to tuesday! You may be dreading it (as I did), but you might be pleasantly surprised with how easy your quit may be. I too am on Wellbutrin (Zyban), and it seems to be helping me greatly. My wife is also a non-smoker, so that was a BIG plus for helping me quit. Remember to ditch all your cigs, ashtrays and smoking materials. Changing your daily patterns may also help you avoid associations with cigs. Think about when you enjoyed smoking the most and then try to come up with a substitute. For example, I loved that first cig with my coffee on the deck in the mornings. On my first quit morning, I avoided the deck all together and I went upstairs and surfed the web instead. Good Luck! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 291 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $17.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
  • Quit Meter

$81,844.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 8325 Hours: 5

Minutes: 38 Seconds: 7

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2670 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hey kevin, how is it going? we are here for you hug of support lynnexx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 222 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �56 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
  • Quit Meter

$113,672.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6499 Hours: 10

Minutes: 37 Seconds: 29

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2670 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi kevin, congrats on making the decision to quit! You CAN do it, you just need to believe in yourself. Lynnexx :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 172 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �44 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
  • Quit Meter

$113,672.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 32 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Dunedad, Tomorrow is the big day. You can do it. I am still alive and kicking so I know quiting smoking does not kill you, whereas smoking does. Good luck! ;) Same to you Kaitilina, good luck. There is a lot of support here, I found that out myself. Great motivators. :) Stardust
  • Quit Meter

$117,673.77

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 327 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, Kevin. Welcome to the SSC. You made a good choice coming here because it is so much easier to get quit/stay quit when you have the support of others who are going through it. I look forward to hearing about your milestones as they start to rack up - one day at a time. I haven't used the messenger. It loaded then crashed on my machine. Some people set up to use it so they can trade e-mails and then meet to IM at specified times, I think. Stay on the path and stay quit. QM [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 364 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $72 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
17 years ago 0 738 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
YaaaaaaaaaaaaHoooooooooooooooo!!! Two more quitters joining the circle! Welcome, and you couldn't have come to a better place! Denise [IMG]http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p300/DeeKaySss/helloparrot.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 666 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $165 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
17 years ago 0 449 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kaitilina and DuneDad, Sounds like you are both off to a great start! Stay focused, read lots here at SSC and know that we're all here to help and learn from each other! Congrats, Debbie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 274 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $48.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
17 years ago 0 537 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Don't let the quit overwhelm you, get through one day at a time. One hour at a time. Go to bed early. You quit meter is set, ready, set, go... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/28/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 39 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 599 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $142.35 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57

Reading this thread: