Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Social anxiety disorder

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.756 posts in 47.057 threads.

160,701 Members

Please welcome our newest members: koalablind, Jen S, CBEA KATRINA, LLYKA, aseprodi

Back and got Zyban watchin my back

18 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You and everyone else here knows that I am not the tough love Lady. I don't think I have ever posted what I am about to post to you. I am so disappointed in you that I don't know what to say. We talked for a while last night and came up with several ideas to take your mind off of smoking. I even checked on you right before I went to bed to see how you were doing and you had signed off. I guess maybe this is when you went to buy those things that kill you. You began this journey in January Stu. That was almost six months ago now. When are you going to get determined to beat this addiction? You have to want it more than anything in the world. You know all this. You have read enough posts to write a book about quitting. You are torturing yourself. I don't understand why? I tried to quit and smoked and tried to quit and smoked... never made it more than a few hours except once when I made it 4 days. I planned this quit for a long time. I thought about it, I prayed about it, and I gave it my best shot. Each five minutes was the stepping stone to the next. Eventually I found this site and made some friends here. Everytime I thought about smoking I thought about those here. I didn't want to let myself down and if I smoked I would ruin the relationships I had built here. Hum... suddenly it became even more important to me to quit. Have you cried? Have you screamed? Have you just gone to bed because you couldn't take anymore? Have you broken dishes? Have you cut up a straw and made it into a cigarette? Do you take deep breaths? Did you get a cross word puzzle book? Did you post before you smoked and wait for 15 replies? We cannot quit for you Stu. You have to do the work. It is rewarding but it is work. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 327 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,547 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1144.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 28 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
Just for the record, we still love you. Just don't quit quitting. You are a member of this quit family and we will be here until you get it right. Now then. Chin up... best foot forward... here we go.
Glad to hear it Stu. You don't need the Zyban anyway. Just another crutch! Join the ranks of cold turkeys...there are a lot of us around here so it can be done. You are doing great! Remember: No Smoking Allowed! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 320 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,410 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1120 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 28 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
Congrats on hanging in there Stu. Yell if you need us.
18 years ago 0 388 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats Stubow...your doin great !!!!! [IMG]http://img382.imageshack.us/img382/6451/sweetpea8bk.jpg[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/29/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 259 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,109 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1162.91 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 31 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
18 years ago 0 210 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome back StuBow [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/31/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 339 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,792 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1525.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 34 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
18 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Stu, I have faith in you! I know that this is it for you! I also know that you want and need this quit, so don't give up on yourself! You're doing this, so keep going and don't back down! We're all right here behind you and are always ready to brace you up so you don't fall! And I just know that you won't this time! Way to go! Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 188 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,710 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $776.44 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
Yeah Stu! That's one day down that you don't EVER have to do again! Keep it up! You're doing great! Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 188 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,718 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $776.44 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
Stu, How are you today?!?!?! Please check in and let us know how you're doing! Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 189 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,748 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $780.57 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
Well Stu, I already yelled at you once on IM so I won't do it again here. Just remember that we are all behind you. Add some more people to your IM lists if you have to... people who can be on during the day, since I'm often gone during the day and I know others are too. We're all here to help you and we all really want to see you succeed... all you need is for YOU to want you to succeed. You deserve this quit! Repeat after me... I am worth this quit... I am worth this quit... I am worth this quit........ when you want to give up, repeat that... I am worth this quit...... Stay strong Stu! I know you can do this! Crave the Quit! Butterfly [IMG]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c177/kissnflirt/butterfly3.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 191 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,797 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $788.83 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35

Reading this thread: