Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,635 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RBARDAJE, CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON

Back and got Zyban watchin my back

18 years ago 0 12 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh, Stu - I hope you're doing okay. With Zyban and a bottomless bottle of cold water to sip on all day I have managed to make it to today, smokefree. Believe me, I NEVER thought I could do this. This weekend was supposed to be a reward for me, but this morning my husband woke up too sick (flu) to go away - so I've booked a sea kayak trip for early in the morning (and hope to see some dolphins. I've been wanting to do this for years (bought a 2nd hand surf ski four years back but have been too nervous to use it in the sea!) I'm using the money I saved from not smoking ... and I won't be coughing and spluttering my Saturday morning away over coffee and cigs instead! I aim to feel truly free tomorrow. And you know what sparked this? I received that (dreaded) SSC email that says: "this is your last support email. Now, as an ex-smoker (etc)" and you know what? I've been too afraid to call myself that. You and the other wonderful people on this site have got me to this point. I do hope we can do the same for you. (Oh, and it's my first smoke-free Mother's Day in 35 years!) Stay strong, Stu. It's your choice. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 124 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,117 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $248 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
  • Quit Meter

$424,004.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6618 Hours: 21

Minutes: 7 Seconds: 36

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 1687 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome StuBow, glad to see you back on the board. We have missed you. This is the one so hold on tight and hang tough.... Be Blessed, SUNSHINE [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 117 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,990 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $409.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
  • Quit Meter

$229,984.31

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6398 Hours: 6

Minutes: 13 Seconds: 42

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 2614 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Stay Strong - Stay Quit Glad you are back and with determination! Phillip :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 76 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,534 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $570 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
18 years ago 0 2614 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Keep Going Stu. Stay Strong - Stay Quit I really relate to the store thing, the place where we went in the past. I still can not go to the convenience store that I went to almost everyday for years and years! You have amazing courage and you can do this! Phillip [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 83 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,670 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $622.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 415 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Look at you Stubow with your 15 days under your belt!!! Way to go man!!!! Kickin' ash and takin names!! [img] http://www.freesmileys.org/emo/cool01.gif [img] The Chicken [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 98 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 985 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $367.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
18 years ago 0 893 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Haven't looked in for a while but great going Stubow, you will make it this time! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 93 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,123 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �232.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
18 years ago 0 96 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome back Stu! Stay close! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 91 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,743 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $341.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
17 years ago 0 610 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Stu I have thought about this for a while now and feel that it is time to share with you. You are not a weak man and I feel that you are listening to that junkie sitting on your back telling you that you are weak, he is wrong. You are a super hero to your loving wife, the people here at SSC (just look at all the responses to you) and to all the other people in your life that have seen you struggle with your quit and have seen you beat it. Please don't let work stress push you back to that smoker who wants to quit just think of all the time you would have to solve problems with out having to stop and smoke a nasty cigarette. I personally have enjoyed all of my "FREE" time. I wish you luck "Captian NonSmoker" you do have the power to be just that. Polly [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/2/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 142 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,843 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $525.4 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
17 years ago 0 228 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Stu - It's ok but get back on track!! come on buddy you can do this.. And so can i darn it.. The more you beat yourself up about it the more your going to smoke. Trust me I know. How are you doing today???
18 years ago 0 481 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Really glad you're committed to this quit - we need you here!! [size=4][b]The Original Ash Kicker!![/b][/size] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/4/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 121 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,454 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �145.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53

Reading this thread: