Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,630 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC

I am having a slump I think

16 years ago 0 1155 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Kelly. Just checking in... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 408 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 14,280 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,652.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 34 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
  • Quit Meter

$1,135,675.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5542 Hours: 1

Minutes: 12 Seconds: 35

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Anxious, It's never easy to be vulnerable, it can be a little sobering in fact but hang in there! It can take our minds and bodies longer to adjust to not smoking. Many quitters here have experienced the same slump and have come out the other side. Chin up! Better times lay ahead. Danielle, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
((((((((( KELLY ))))))))))))))))))))) Better? me xx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 607 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 13,354 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �3,247.45 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 122 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
16 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Anxious I don't know why ...but I keep seeing your threads and I keep seeing myself. I have had some pretty rotten moments with anxiety and depression in the past. I think perhaps this is why I believed that I was not capable of quitting. When I was anxious, I smoked...When I was depressed, I smoked. Medication for depression is no different than insulin for someone who is diabetic. Some people will take this medication to get through a difficult period in the life. Others will take medication on an ongoing basis. We are so fortunate that the days are gone where the only option was to be totally medicated. I believe you could walk down the street and have no idea who is taking medication for depression or anxiety. You will get through this....but it is sooooo awful when you are going through it. On the positive side, I do believe that it is actually easier (I'm not sure if anyone agrees) to deal with depression and anxiety after you have dealt with addiction. Cigarettes are not our friend (although it sure does feel like we are losing one when we give up this addiction) I do believe that sometimes we do have to replace one behaviour with another....so those of us who dealt with anxiety and depression by smoking have to find a new behaviour that helps us. Nothing wrong with crawling under the blankets with the remote once in awhile. I was so envious of those people who had easy, calm quits. I wasn't one of them. My quit was a roller coaster. I still have my moments...but life does get easier. You are such a warm, caring and STRONG person. You will do this.... Sending you good thoughts ... Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 572 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 11,440 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,860.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 55 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
16 years ago 0 311 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kelly, Also, please go read my thread from A YEAR AGO! Called "Slow Spiral into Darkness". I hardly remember writing it I was so depressed, but it will show you I do know where you are, and that life can be GOOD again, honest. Hugs, Denise [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/9/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 87 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,740 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $435.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
16 years ago 0 134 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Kelly, I too work in the field and Denise is right, It does not have any more of a reflection on you than if you had to take an cough medicin for a cold. You are a great person and you are quiting a very strong addictive drug when you quit smoking. It takes a lot of stranth to tell your story and share with all of us so it proves you are a strong and caring person. Listen to Denise she is so right. Stay strong this too will pass. Hugs Etta [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/2/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 33 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 825 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $396.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Listen to Moss - he's a wise man! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 405 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 14,175 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,632.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 34 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
  • Quit Meter

$1,135,675.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 649 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Kelly - The weather dude says 50 degrees plus and sunny for Wisconsin today. I hope that will help bring some real sunshine to you today. Have a good weekend and let's chat when back to work. Last week I could have written your post from yesterday pretty much word for word. I have been experiencing the same things. but, For what it's worth, My doc and I tweaked a little last week and my focus seems to be getting better the last few days. I can see a few cracks in the clouds and the brain fog is lifting. Remember this too shall pass. I truly believe we will get to that place where we can laugh about this one day and wonder what all the fuss was about. Moss [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]11/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 137 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,055 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $462.38 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 22 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
Kelly, I have a strong feeling that MANY MANY people were nodding their heads in "yes...I know...me too..." while reading your post. You are not alone in your battle - unfortunately it is common. What's also common is the effectiveness of medications. Remember Kelly - you will not feel this way forever. You can & will experience pleasure and the joys of life again. Right now you have a cloud over you blocking the sun. But you know that the sun IS up there and you know that the cloud WILL pass and allow you to once again soak up the rays. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 405 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 14,175 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,632.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 34 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
  • Quit Meter

$1,135,675.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 967 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Peace and all of you. The last thing I feel like is a winner. I feel bad that I am sucking energy, but I so need it. My husband is having a really hard time understanding why I am feeling this way, and not understanding it myself doesn't help me explain it. He is trying really hard, it has to be difficult for him, he is craving too, but manages without any meds. I just want to use whatever I can to get through. I have messed up my quits before during this depression stage and I don't want it to happen again. The last time they gave me some anti depressants I stopped taking them without weening off and went into this seratonin rage thing. I couldn't get out of bed for almost 5 days. It really scarred me, so taking these anti depressants scares me again, but I won't be doing that same mistake. I just want to laugh again, smile and have some good moments. It is just funny that it crept up on me this late in the game. I read the posts about the stages, so it kinda makes sense, but you think we will ever enjoy anything the same again? All I ever do is just make it through so I can climb on the couch with my son and watch a movie. Its the only time I feel ok. I think the TV distracts my mind and I forget about how my body feels, and I go to sleep. Then I wake up the next morning with anxiety already there about the day I will have to fight through. I am so glad you are all here for me. My mom supports me no matter what, but shes a never smoker. My friends here that support me either quit over 30 years ago and have forgotten, or are never smokers. I hope this medicine works, I really am a fun, loveable person who is usually helping others. This is different for me, being so needy. Thanks for listening. I love you all.... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 119 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,570 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $446.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15

Reading this thread: