Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,553 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57

NEED ADVICE from the Veteran Quitters

16 years ago 0 331 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hope everyone is having a great day! One day at a time and you'll be just fine! Remember to be gracious with yourself, today and always! Take Care and keep checking in, Natalie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]11/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 142 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,130 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,278.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
16 years ago 0 649 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kelly - you must have posted while I was. You bet, i'm here and here's a big "THIS WILL PASS" for you. Good idea on visiting the doc. It is possible that some changes in meds may be in order because of the absence of nicotine now. Got to run before I get in to trouble but I will check back at lunch. SMILE............................Moss [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]11/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 135 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,025 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $455.63 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
Windy You are certainly a Veteran in my book. Thanks for the reply. This last episode was definitely a wake up call for me. Coping bag is out and ready. Back to the basics when these periods hit. Bicycle tires are pumped up after the winter and the Endorphins?? are calling for some activity. Attitude has been adjusted to the best of my ability at this time. Expectations have once again been put back in the trash. I believe you when you say "this too shall pass". It is hard to feel it when you find yourself in the dumps, but it helps to be reminded by someone has been there. Thanks again. Hope the struggle for all who have chimed in here is better today. Moss [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]11/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 135 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,025 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $455.63 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
16 years ago 0 967 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Here checking in. I decided that I am going to make an appt witht he doc to make sure the meds I am taking are right, or enough etc. I just want to feel good again, and I know I can and will. I hate that I may need more meds, but it might be the truth of it. Moss? You around today? How about you ML? Changing? I could use some of that helpful...THIS WILL PASS stuff from the old timers today. I really drugged myself up today, trying a new route. Kelly... :| [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 118 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,540 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $442.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
16 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I don't think that I am a "Veteran" but I saw this post last night and again tonight and decided it was time to post. Yeppers - Most of us have gone through times when the cravings hit us out of the blue (at a time when we thought that we were past that) At those times, I had to get out my old "coping bag" (The one that you use at the beginning of your quit) It meant getting through one moment at a time. My coping bag included crawling under my blankets with my remote control, nutty buddies, sour candies, cinnamon gum, and lots of exercise. Every once in awhile I still need to pull it out again. Depression is a tough one. I always smoked when I felt stressed or depressed so I REALLY needed another coping mechanism. Now that I can look back, I think that I cope better with depression and stress than I did when I was a smoker. Exercise really does do something with those endorphins (or whatever they are???) I really need to get up and get active when I feel down. Likewise, rewards perk us up! Have you rewarded yourself lately...if not, it's time for another one! You have done so well....even though we will continue to have "moments", remember that "this too shall pass" All the best..... Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 568 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 11,360 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,840.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 55 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
16 years ago 0 130 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Very good discussion here. It's kind of strange that the craving hit so many at the same time. I'm glad that it's now out in the open and we can build from it. Now that it looks like Spring may finally arrive, perhaps just getting outside will stiffen our resolve. Here's to us! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]11/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 131 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,620 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $812.20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
16 years ago 0 967 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I think we all should check in on eachother, great idea Moss. 5 years from now we will all be laughing at how hard we struggled, right? Thats what they say anyway..take care everyone, today and everyday. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 117 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,510 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $438.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
Hey Freedom, I was hoping you would pop in soon. I'm sorry you have been going through this as well but I am glad you are hanging in there. At least we know, once again, that others have gone through this period and came out the other side. I tend to let the hard times build up to the boiling point before I call out for some help. That is the first thing I am going to change. I was trying to not come here so much to see if that would help but it definitely back-fired on me this time. At the same time I don't want to interfere with the new people's need for the members help and advice. I, too, am anxious to get outside and experience spring. Thanks for checking in Natalie and please stay in touch if you would like. I am going to try and check in here a little more regular. My internet connection has also improved because the frost just broke where I live and the phone lines seem to work better. That's what the phone company says anyway. Here's to a better week and month ahead. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]11/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 134 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,010 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $452.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
16 years ago 0 331 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Moss, A1 and all the other quitters that seem to be going through the same thing right now. I'm right there with you...do't know what's happening but certainly not feeling so great lately. I really do believe that it is the emotions, depressions, etc coming to the surface now that we have quit and cannot mask them with smoking anymore. I also believe that this must be some sort of blah period where it isn't exciting to be a quitter anymore and not a lot of time has passed yet. I guess I have been sitting around and just waiting for it to get easier...but it hasn't! I had a really bad week last week but thankfully did not smoke, but man were those cravings fierce! I really do believe that we have to treat this like our initial quit....distract, distract, distract. You logically know you don't want to smoke but it can be difficult when you are feeling so down that you actually think a little white cancer stick is going to help you feel better. It's funny how our body and minds work in these situations. I have just starting having anxiety in the last year (I'm type A personality for sure) and was totally feeling some depression over the last month, but I've been trying to hang in there. I have chosen not to go on meds yet at this point and am hoping that ramping up my exercise, getting outside more now that it's getting nicer outside, leaning on my friends for support, reading and possibly creating an action plan for the way that I want to live my current and future life will help get me out of this slump! It really is funny how there can be so many similarities between us group of quitters, so I really do think that being at the 4-5 month mark has to do with that. Sorry to ramble on...but it does help and I haven't been on here too much lately so I need to catch up. I think we can all stick this out without running back to the nicdemon and ruining our whole quit. Smoking is not an option so now we have to find something else to make us feel better. I am very glad that spring/summer is on it's way as I am hoping that this will help. I try to be positive but am negative by nature so Moss you have a one up on me, but unfortunately I think that this is just something that we will have to deal with and coming here for help is one of the first steps. Sorry if I haven't been much help but I really do know what you have been going through and it sucks just as much on me end. Keep bumping the posts that help and maybe reading an allen carr book would help. I think there is a free downloadable printable version available. Come and post often and let me know if there is anything I can do. Good luck to all of us, take care and keep in touch! Natalie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]11/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 141 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,115 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,269.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
16 years ago 0 1073 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You're welcome moss. It's called [url=http://sg.stopsmokingcenter.net/support/viewmessages.aspx?topic=16197&forum=1&forumname=Forum%20for%20New%20Users%20&%20General%20Discussion&topictitle=The%20Big%20Cover-Up]The Big Cover up[/url] and you can find it in the new users forum (I bumped it up for you). [color=Purple]~lbugg~[/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/17/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1111 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 62,216 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $7,777.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 111 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
  • Quit Meter

$52,455.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 918 Hours: 6

Minutes: 11 Seconds: 55

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: