Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,501 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

NEED ADVICE from the Veteran Quitters

16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Freedom, Nice to see you check in, glad to hear you are making progress! Keep it up and let us know if we can help. Congrats on 5 months! Danielle, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 331 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for congratulating me on 5 months and I am so happy to be sitting on this side of the fence no matter what else is going on in my life. One thing we know for sure is we can be very very proud of ourselves for not smoking and I do feel eventually everything else will fall in place. Yes the craves will still come and still go no matter how quickly or fierce, we will not smoke and yes will come out stronger on the other side. We've come this far and it is much easier today to distract my thoughts and actions than it was that first week! Have a great weekend! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]11/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 151 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,265 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,359.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 3 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
16 years ago 0 130 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Moss wrote (sorry, I can't seem to get the hang of inserting a quote): Have come to the conclusion that I smoked my way through a lot of emotions. Does anyone think that that is perhaps why we smoked in the first place? As a coping mechanism that turned into an addiction? Moss, I say go for whatever helps you at this time. This will pass and you'll come out stronger on the other side. My craves are coming at all different times now and I beat them back as best I can by either stopping what I'm doing and doing something else or just try to think positive knowing that the crave will pass. But one thing I do know, I didn't come this far to give up no matter how strong the crave. And the extra money is really coming in handy. :) Early congrats, Natalie, on your five month mark. Moss and I will soon be there - and A1 as well. I think we all deserve a pat on the back for sticking with it despite the bumps in the road. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]11/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 141 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,820 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $874.20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
16 years ago 0 649 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Freedom I will say Congrats a day early because I'm not sure if I'll have computer access tomorrow. Thanks for stopping by and i am glad that your mood is lifting. I also feel like I have had some relief the last 2 days. Am trying to be kinder and more forgiving of myself. Have come to the conclusion that I smoked my way through a lot of emotions. I have a feeling you will do just fine "crawling out the well". You've always had a great outlook. And if you can't, come and give a yell. Thanks Freedom Moss [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]11/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 144 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,160 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $486.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 23 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
16 years ago 0 331 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
How are my fellow No-Embers doing today? How is everyone else that has been posting on this topic? I am hoping the best for each one of you and have been reading but not posting much. All the advice here is fantastic and I am glad to see that I am not the only one going through this, but at this time I think you are being affected more than me. I was in a major slump and not doing so good but I have found my mood lifting a little this week, or at least enough to make me feel sane again. I have recently been going through some anxiety and personal changes and it has been difficult. I am learning to change myself in positive ways but I guess I have been really hard on myself. The key here is to be gracious and patient with yourself....and if that means going on medication then you have to find what works best for you. I am avoiding taking medication at this time and am trying to slowly learn how to cope. If I need medication in the future I will reassess the decision but for now I am going to attempt my crawl out of this well by myself. It sure can be difficult to do but I am at least willing to give it a try. It's amazing that so many people can be going through the same thing at the same time but I am glad that we are there for each other through this crazy time. Tomorrow is my 5 month anniversary so instead of being down about life and myself, I am going to allow myself to relish in the success that I have made it this far! We have no where to go but up so let's give it all we got! Thanks for letting me vent, explain and post. I don't want to bring anyone down, just trying a little positive reinforcement here with myself and you guys. Wishing you all the best this non smoking weekend! Moss, Anxious 1 and ML take care of yourself and since we all should be heading into the 5 month mark somewhere lets focus on how good that is and not how our body is choosing to go through these changes. Natalie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]11/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 151 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,265 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,359.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
Hi Jan It is good that you can think it through rationally and recognize it for what it is. I am trying to do the same. I appreciate the patience you all have showed me recently. Keep up the good work Jan. Moss [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]11/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 143 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,145 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $482.63 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 23 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
16 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Moss, I can totally relate to you. I am 75 days smoke free. I don't talk about it much but this is the stage at previous quits where my mind starts "thinking". Its happening again this quit. I'm trying to identify it. In the past week I feel as though I have no motivation. I take wellbutrin and a mild dose of paxil. I feel down. Its like what was said earlier. The "excitement" and newness of being quit is gone, and yet I'm not at the stage where I feel completely comfortable in my quit. I feel "blah". I want it to go away. I have to say that I don't crave cigarettes and I don't want to smoke. Its like there's a void, and I wish I could fill it. I'm trying to understand that this is part of the quit. I'm trying to be very patient with myself as I keep pushing forward. This is a tough stage right now, but as long as I recognize it as a "stage" in the quit journey, I think I'll be alright. Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/27/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 74 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,850 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $629.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
Hi Bear And So good to hear from you. I was just going to log off and I saw your name. Yes, it is quite interesting indeed. But you know what. I do trust you (and the others here) that this phase will pass. I think that is the only thing keeping me from going back to smoking right now. I will keep chugging along. Thanks for checking in. Moss [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]11/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 142 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,130 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $479.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 22 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
16 years ago 0 1698 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Moss Man Interesting is'nt it this quiting smoking you never know what your going to find .Hell theirs no doubt in my mind you'll make it through this phase too.Besides it's just part of your hobby.Take the time to explore how your feeling I know easier said than done when your feeling like s--- but you'll make it Trust me . ;p [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/20/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 386 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,948 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,860.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 93 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
Hi Lainey Thanks for the input. I will try anything right now. Am doing my best to keep as positive as possible right now. I hope this blah period is over soon. I'm finding it very hard to be productive so for now I'm just putting one foot in front of the other. I am hoping that this is the addiction's last big attempt to bring me back. This has to ease up soon. Thanks for the reminder that I'm getting close to the freedom. That is so easy to forget when you are in a bad state. Gratitude moss [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]11/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 142 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,130 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $479.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 22 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11

Reading this thread: