Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,554 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PMYKEL JOHN, Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN

NEED ADVICE from the Veteran Quitters

16 years ago 0 967 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Jiim, thanks for checking in. We still have your back, I am Hollering...can you hear me? ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 119 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,570 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $446.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
16 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Y'all, Keep your chin up and try to keep a smile on your face!!! It WILL get better, cuz we're all here to lend a hand and a shoulder and an ear!!! You all had my back when I first started on this journey so if there's anything I can do, just holler!!! Jim [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 29 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 725 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $119.63 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
  • Quit Meter

$44,325.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1060 Hours: 20

Minutes: 30 Seconds: 36

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

That sounds terrible, not to pry, but what type of cancer is your husband dealing with, is it a good prognosis? I hope the best for you in all that is going on. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 119 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,570 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $446.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
16 years ago 0 220 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am being a good non smoking girl today, and I hope that all of that is in the past...Moss, you and I both intelectually know we should not smoke, I work at a University and know better, that hateful little nicodemon just gets under my skin and when depression hits, he comes out in full attack mode! If I can just get my PMA back and get back on here with all you fine folks, I know I will be OK. thanks, Moss and A1...I needed a little tenderness today. My Mom is sicker than normal (she is blind and lives with me), my daughter moved out (my support system for Mom), my son lost his job and my husband was diagnosed with cancer...so...that was my week last week! how 'bout yours?? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/21/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 73 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,314 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $279.23 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
Hey Moss and Island Girl...lets keep moving forward, one day at a time. Lets not dwell on the bad and hang on to the good...how are we today? Kelly [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 119 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,570 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $446.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
16 years ago 0 649 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Islandgirl, This may not be a popular statement but it is completely understandable to me why people go back to smoking. I have been depressed before at times but have never felt the grip so tight before. My doctor said that more people than not wind up in his office with depression after stopping smoking for a few months. I guess if this was easy we wouldn't be here at the SSC trying to help each other through this experience. I noticed that you weren't around as much lately but I guess I wasn't either until I hit bottom last week. I hope you are able to get back on the train soon. Whatever you need to do know that you will be in our thoughts here. You always amazed me with your attitude in your posts. I was a little envious of your PMA. Just goes to show how sneaky the nico-bast**d can be. Keep on keeping on. Don't beat yourself up too bad. My good wishes are with you. moss [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]11/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 136 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,040 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $459.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
16 years ago 0 220 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey moss I feel your pain I caved, I admit it. that is why I have not been around here much lately. I have not gone full blast into smoking again, but I have had about 5 cigarettes over the past 10 days. Life has been very stressful, I will not use that as an excuse, but, without bothering you with all the gorey details, my life has taken a decidely downward spirial in many, varied ways over the past two weeks. And so, I fell...luckily, I seemed to have caught myself before completely landing in that yucky tar pit, but still tryhing my best to keep a positive mental attitude and working my way to being a non smoker instead of a closet smoker. and, wow, can I relate to the depression!! Keep on keeping on, it is all we can do! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/21/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 73 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,314 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $279.23 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
16 years ago 0 649 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ai I've heard of it but don't know anything about it. Maybe someone else will ring in here with more info. I am sneaking on at work so I gotta run but hang in there and I'll check back when i'm home. Freedom - Back at ya moss [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]11/19/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 135 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,025 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $455.63 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
Has anybody here had to start a new addiction to medication to get rid of the old? I am starting to feel like a failure again. Nicotine can't be that fantastic of a drug that it covers up so many problems!!! It causes them. I am frustrated with my emotional breakdowns for now reason and the stupid anxiety attacks. There, I vented again. I just want to feel "normal" whatever that is. Not crying,sad and anxious all the time...Pass dang it...!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 118 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,540 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $442.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
My doctor prescribed me Effexor, anybody heard of it? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 118 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,540 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $442.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50

Reading this thread: