Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,479 Members

Please welcome our newest members: DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE, kathleencabralmd, TestingDHA, JVICTORINO

Starting Aerobics this week

16 years ago 0 541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Still just doing the Bowflex and walking but my walking is includes jogging for a short distance. Should be able to get back to Aerobics this week. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 88 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,200 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $308.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
16 years ago 0 33 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I found the web site. John, how are things going with your exercise? Cindy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/9/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 735 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $91.88 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
16 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
John, did you check your IM, I left the site address there. Cindy I posted to yours (IM) also. We can't post on this site, sorry. Cindy when I added you to my buddy list a different name came up, hope you are the same. Keep the Quit Sparky [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/30/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 85 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 850 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $255.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
calorie-count? I am on that site as well, referred a few people to this site :-) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 82 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,050 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $287.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
16 years ago 0 33 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sparky, I want to know the web site??? thanks, Cindy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/9/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 525 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $65.63 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
16 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
John if you are still here I am on IM. I will give a name of a web site that is really good. Keep the Quit Sparky [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/30/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 85 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 850 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $255.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
Had a long chat with my Doctor about this site and how the Chantix he prescribed worked. He mentioned that he prefers the laser treatments over Chantix but whichever gets people to stop smoking is fine with him. Unfortunately according to their records I gained 11 lbs since I quit! This is including the 4 lbs I lost from last week. I mentioned that one controversial doctor on the web who says that a French fries and fried food is worse than cigarettes, he said that he agrees. In my situation with family history of heart problems it is imperative that I remain a non-smoker, get my BMI in range by exercising and everything else should fall into place. Apparently the smoking was masking a few problems that the additional weight amplified. So he reiterated why he suggests people get on a work-out regiment before they quit. Bottom line, I need to loose like 50 lbs doing at a rate of 2 lbs per week and no excuses. My doctor said that he wants me to work out 45 mins per day but does not have to be all at once, said it has been discovered that you can work out hard for 15 mins three times a day and get similar results. Since I have a Bowflex he suggested the following to get started: Day 1 ; Upper Body workout (vigorous) Day 2: Low Impact Aerobics Day 3: Lower Body workout (vigorous) Back to Day 1 We didn�t talk about the calorie intake but I am now at 230lbs and want to be at 185 in 6 months but NOT sooner. Got to get back to work. My doctor Rocks! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 82 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,050 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $287.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
16 years ago 0 1356 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
that's my man :) I am proud of you honey. It is hard I know....but truly worth it. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 78 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 780 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $136.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
Thanks Danielle and Unhooked. :) Sue, you know I would break it off with Angelina Jolie all over again just to re-marry you. You should also be proud of me because today in the cafeteria choice entre's were patty melt, or Fried Chicken. So I skipped over to the salad bar and opted for the beef stew and a spinach salad with vinegar and olive oil dressing and an Unsweetened iced tea. ;) They also had Strawberry Shortcake, MY FAVORITE FOOD IN THE WORLD, my choice, do I want the strawberry shortcake and 30 minutes on the stairmaster or should I simply pass. I took the pass, and today I should come in well below 2500 calories. I never realized how unhealthy Fried chicken with Strawberry shortcake could be until I looked up the specs. Bonus was that today I spent 25 minutes on the Bowflex and a 20 minute brisk walk in the Carolina heat. I lost 2 lbs already (1st day), attitude and my concentration has increased. According to calorie-count my weight goal to be at 185 will happen by March. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 76 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,900 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $266.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
16 years ago 0 3541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh, you 2 crazy kids! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 65 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,300 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $715.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58

Reading this thread: