Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

Prayer

17 years ago 0 249 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ok, here's my 2 cents. I think that God wants me to quit smoking, so that I can finally realize what I am capable of. So that I can finally enjoy what He has given to me in this life. So that I am able to live this life the way He intended. And I am so grateful that He gave me the courage and strength to do this. Because life is worth living, even when you are down in the dumps and don't know which way is up. He is there, holding our hands, and showing us the way we need to go. Because He loves us, and wants us to enjoy everything that we have been given. I am only now learning what I believe, have recently discovered the mysteries of Gnostics, but am very willing to.....[i]notice[/i].....that when I turned my life back to God, I was able to accomplish something I never would have thought possible. That can't be a coincidence. I know what's real, and am not afraid to admit that I am not always in the driver's seat of my life. But He created many wonderful things, so I trust Him. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 31 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 793 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $255.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
17 years ago 0 89 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I think, no matter what religion or belief system that you hold, prayer/meditation is very, very important to the quit process. Faith, gotta have, faith..... I thank the higher power daily for giving me the strength to heal myself, and for helping to show me my spiritual path. Had I not found that, there is a very good chance I would not be here and in my 4th day of quitting. Meditation, for me, has been enabling me to see the cravings for what they are...and then I am able to release and let it go. I truely feel you have to have some sort of faith to be able to do this.... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 67 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $15 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
17 years ago 0 34 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ok that's what I needed to hear this morning,"When you're down to nothing God is up to something" thanks for all the help!
17 years ago 0 1543 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Where ever two or three are gathered He says He is there with us. I truly believe God is with this group and working things out for His good purpose on our behalf. He is doing this "in" us and "through" us for eachother. I feel it in the love...wisdom...disernment...caring and encouragement we show one another here. I feel the "peace" that transcends all understanding when I come here. A peace I am doing the right thing....a peace that this addiction can be conqured by something much more powerful than it. Mercy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 56 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,139 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $250.32 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
jt, I didn't know there was a known author to that poem. Thanks. You learn something all the time. I come hear to read all your posts in this thread everyday. Blessings and support to all, Mercy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 56 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,138 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $250.32 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
Wow...does time fly. It is about 11pm!! I'm off to bed again. This is late for me lately!! LOL I have been in bed around 9:30 for a while. :p In case there is any night owls I will leave something to give you encouragement. If you're sleeping off the craves you'll have something in the morning. hehe LEARNING TO WALK Remember the days when our children learned to walk? First they showed they were ready by pulling themselves up on things. Then they would take a step or two. We would hold out our arms and encourage them to walk towards us. We praised every effort when they tried and encouraged every atempt. We never grew discouraged...nor did we give up until they learned to walk. So it is with our heavenly Father. He stands before us with outstretched arms, encouraging us toward holiness.....eager to catch us when we stumble. He picks us up when we fall. He is never discouraged with our progress...nor will He ever give up! The more difficult we find the process, the more care and kindness He expends. George MacDonald put it this way: "God will help us when we cannot walk...and He will help us when we find it hard to walk, but He cannot help us if we will not walk!" Even though you may fall, you must try again!! Your Father holds you by the hand. Savior, let me walk beside Thee Let me feel my hand in Thine. Let me know the joy of walking In Your strength and not in mine. Night everyone!! Mercy :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 56 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,139 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $250.32 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
I kind of wear God's shoes. He said...all I want to do is be your Father and you be my sons and daughters. I know how I feel about my children smoking.....how could God want anything less. We are not about the flesh anymore. We are about the spirit. Focusing on the Spiritual things takes the flesh out of the equation. Our flesh it to bring honor to HIM. My addicted side tried to find a reason how smoking did not dishonor HIM. I couldn't find a reason!! Mercy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 55 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,116 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $245.85 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
One more before I go to bed I'm typing these out because it helps me. A slightly harder day today. This one is so good. ARE YOU STRUGGLING? One day I asked..."Lord, I shouldn't be struggling like this!" "And why not?... His still, small voice sked me from within. There was a story of a man who took home a cocoon so he could watch it emerge a moth. As the moth struggled to get through the tiny opening, the man enlarged it with a snip of his scissors. The moth emerged easily.....but its wings were shriveled. The struggle through the narrow opening is God's way to force fluid from its body into its wings. The "merciful" snip, in reality, was cruel. Hebrews 12 describes the Christian life as a race that involves endurance, discipline, and correction.(all needed for quiting smoking) Sometimes the struggle is exactly what we need to become what God intends us to be. (WE EXPERIENCE GOD'S STRENGTH IN THE STRAIN OF OUR STRUGGLE) Good night all Mercy ps: Tomorrow is 8 weeks for me. Eight Sundays ago..Jan 21st I quit smoking. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 55 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,118 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $245.85 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
Hi everyone, I hope this one encourages you a little today. Moving the Stone The woman came to annoint Jesus body after His death. Yet, as they came near the place of burial, the difficulty of moving the heavey stone that sealed the tomb worried them. But... their fears were groundless. The stone had already been moved!! So too, we are often needlessly concerned over the prospect of our difficulties that God graciously helps us overcome. Let us excercise greater faith in facing the obstructions in our path. We can be sure of God's assistance in such matters. Let's go forward on our path....undaunted by the possible obstacles. Let our hearts be cheerful knowing that whatever difficulty we face....God remove the stone! POEM In today's sunlight basking Leave tomorrow's cares alone Spoil not present joys by asking who shall roll away the stone? Often, before we've faced the trial We've come with joy to own Angels from heaven descended to roll away the stone. (IF GOD DOESN'T REMOVE AN OBSTACLE, HE'LL HELP YOU FIND A WAY AROUND IT) love to all, Mercy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 55 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,117 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $245.85 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
What an exciting job...gonnadoit!! WOW Just Like TV. LOL Where would be we without people like you. Convicted....How are you doing? Are you using any aids... or are you going cold turkey. I been thinking about you and your quit. mercy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 54 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,096 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $241.38 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13

Reading this thread: