Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

Prayer

17 years ago 0 1543 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
FOR THOSE WHO ARE OVERWHELMED Psalm 61 is God's prescription for those who are overwhelmed. Life tends to be overwhelming (especially for those who are trying to quit smoking). David, the man of God, would said, "Hear my prayer, O God; attend unto my pryaer." David also said....."Lead me to the Rock that is higher than I." So...we are not suspose to be the rock. Jesus is the Rock to whom we turn. Do you believe that? If so nothing can prevail against us. Jesus is not a crutch...He's more! He's our savior and strong tower. May God's grace teach us how to lean on our Savior. He cares for us!! Remember, when feeling overwhelmed,(like craving a cigarette) do FIRST what we usually do last.......pause....and pray and believe everything is going to be just fine. You are surrounded by an immovable Rock, and His name is Jesus! Mercy, isn't it great we don't have to do it alone!! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 86 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,736 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $384.42 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great Post, Mercy. I found one here for any of us who are worried about our quits or maintaining our quits. Philippians 4:6, 7 6* Be careful for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7* And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Jesus Christ. Stay Strong and Rely on the Lord. Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 56 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,559 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $201.04 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
HEALER OF THE OPPRESSED For those that feel oppressed (because of the burden of trying to quit smoking) there is great news. God has a promise especially for you in Psalm 9:9. "The Lord also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble." If you are under a load today (like junkie smoking thoughts)you need to listen to the Lord. One way is to speak to God in prayer. Pour out your heart to Him. He really cares about you. Spend time reading His Word. His Word brings healing, joy and rejoicing. When you feel oppressed and begin to feel you will fall flat on your face and give up....that is just the time to tap into our heavenly weapons. Prayer...and Bible reading. When we are oppressed we have oppresive thoughts (because of craves and withdrawal symptoms) such as, "There's no way out for me" "This is impossible to do" "I can't hold up any longer" We all know what those thoughts are like. Don't accept that your condition is permanent!! Don't allow oppression to give birth to self-pity. There IS help in Jesus....and in The Word. Seeds of oppression grow into weeds of doubt (doubt that you can quit)and mental anquish (that quiting is too hard and consuming). Let Jesus pull out those weeds of doubt and oppression and replace them with hope. May this encourage us all and put quiting in the right perspective. Blessings, Mercy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 84 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,697 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $375.48 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
Well, I did tell my history once on a post and it may have gotten confused. I had been raised in a cult like religion. I left in the early 80's and lost most my family due to shunning. I found Christ on October 27,1999!! All my grown children have come to have faith likewise. All things are posible with God...so I pray for my mother and brother. God willing they may talk to me again someday. It has been over 20 years. So maybe it was assumed I lost my children and grandchildren too. Still... how special that someone would think of me. That is a compassionate person. Hear that Angelcap?? Your great Mercy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 82 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,656 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $366.54 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Angel, I saw that post too. Who was that? Hey, you know what? Pray for that person anyway because God knows who they are. ;) Hugs, Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 54 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,464 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $193.86 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
Hi Angel, I get so see my grandaughters often!! They are beautiful. They don't live far from me. Maybe you have me confused with someone else...or my story confused, So nice to think of me!! You are doing a great job!! Wow..over a month Mercy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 82 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,655 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $366.54 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Faith is the ability to see God in the dark! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 217 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10,883 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1736 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 23 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
These are all great! Keep those passages coming! Many find them helpful. Danielle ____________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 948 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mercy My prayers are with you that someday soon you get to see your grandkids. Keep on keepin. Stay strong, stay quit. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 43 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,084 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $215 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
17 years ago 0 2417 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mercy, I also wanted to thank you for starting this thread! A good scripture always gets you through the day! ((((hugs)))) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/8/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 95 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,431 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $399 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59

Reading this thread: