Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,630 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC

Calling Closet Smokers

17 years ago 0 911 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Please share it Mercy. Your stories are great! Boxerfan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 34 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 629 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $144.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
17 years ago 0 1543 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yep boxerfan.... I will always remember that experience when I use that vacumn cleaner. I just got a new cleaner this year...and retired the dirt devil to the basement cleaner. LOL Windy.... I always had a reason I couldn't car pool. I was good at it. There was no way I was going to be in meetings all day and not finally be free and have a cigarette going home. Anna.... didn't they think it took an aweful long time taking the garbage out? LOL I have another story.... if you want me to tell it... yell. I don't want to bore anyone. Mercy ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 100 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,019 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $447 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
17 years ago 0 2417 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You guys are good! I never wanted my step daughter to find out that I smoked because I was afraid she would tell my mom.....Yes, I was 40 at the time. I would always tell her I was taking the garbage out. Whatever! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/8/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 113 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,709 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $474.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
17 years ago 0 598 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mercy, I love your story! :) Cheers, nmc [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 249 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,499 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1245 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 47 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
17 years ago 0 2631 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Darn....There's no way that I could top those stories but I sure got a kick out of them. Did anybody ever make excuses not to carpool so they could smoke in their car (or avoid having people smell their sneaky car) I used to HATE it when someone wanted to carpool (no matter how much I liked them)....It mean't I had to wait THAT much longer to smoke. I notice Smokers making the same excuses that I did. Tonight I went out for supper with some ladies and off to a presentation....I would have been dying for my fix and trying to figure out how to get away from all those non-smokers that I was eating with. Windy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 232 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,658 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1160 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 22 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
Mercy, I went to bed last night and missed your last post. When I read it today, I laughed so much. That is one funny story and a very expensive smoke! Do you think about it every time you use the vacuum cleaner? Boxerfan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 34 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 628 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $144.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
O.K. before bed enjoy this one. This is the most expensive smoke ever!!!! No one will believe I did this. The same boyfriend. It was one of those long term boyfriends that has a commitment problem. He was never going to marry me. Well...(whole other story... anyway....I was dying for a cigarette one evening. I had just gotten off the phone with him. I told him I was going to bed early. I wanted a smoke so bad before bed. I wasn't sure when my teenage kids were coming home and didn't want to risk having one at the house............soooooooooooo...... off I go in the car for one of those "got to get a quart of milk rides". I get back home and there is a message on my answer machine. You got it..... it was my boyfriend calling me back. I had just hung up with him and he forgot to tell me something. He was worried about me as I didn't pick up the call. He thought something happend.... like perhaps I fell. The message said..."HE IS WORRIED I DIDN'T ANSWER AND WAS COMING RIGHT OVER!!" Now... I didn't take the usual "smell" precautions as I was fairly safe and alone. I figured I had 10 minutes tops before he walked in. Obviously there would be the kiss factor going to happen when he arrived and he would smell my hair and breath. In a panic I flew out of the house. I had to go somewhere that would take awhile for the smell to dissipate off me....and time to chew at least two wads of gum. On top of that... what reason would I have to have left the house so abruptly. This called for fast action. I quick stoped at McDonalds and wolfed down a hamberger and coke to change the taste in my mouth. That took under 8 minutes. From there I ran to a small plaza that had this store that sold a little of everything. Now... mind you.... I knew he would wait for me to come home and my excuse had to be a good one. After all.... I didn't answer the phone after we had just hung up....and I'm gone when he gets there. So....... I bought a vacumn cleaner! Yep...an $89.00 Dirt Devil. I spent my time buying it....and made sure I left my car windows open while at the plaza to give the car time to air out. After about 45 minutes, which was enough time to air out, I returned home....and sure enough... he was there worried about where I had been. I pulled out my go
17 years ago 0 848 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Over time I developed lots of hiding places in different rooms, just in case I couldn't get to one source when I had a chance! I liked jacket pockets hanging in the closet, figured nobody would look there. Funniest place - buried in a cosmetic case inside of an empty box of bleaching cream!! :blush: I knew hubby would NEVER look in there! LOL [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/29/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 32 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 395 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $130.56 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
  • Quit Meter

$119,586.58

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6403 Hours: 22

Minutes: 35 Seconds: 55

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Mercy, Your story is SO funny. It is so nice to share these experiences with people that truly understand. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 33 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 611 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $140.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
Guys, I'm glad you guys liked this thread. I wasn't sure if I should post it. There just seemed to be so many referring to hiding their smoking. I really did think I was the huge minority. My kids (adults now) still laugh at the fact that I thought I got away with it. They always knew how most everynight I went out for a quart of milk or something. They remember me coming into the house and running upstairs to wash and brush my teeth to cover up the smell. I had a fan that I faced blowing "out" the window. I learned that trick later on. How I never thought of that sooner. I hid my cigarettes in my closet under the rug!!!! I left for work over a half hour early so I could drive back secluded roads and smoke 3 or 4 in a row before work. After all, I had to go all day without a smoke. Getting out of work was the worst. I would want one so bad...but could never be sure if my boyfriend would be at my house. Often he would get out of work and stop at my house to see me before going home. I remember driving a street next to my street to see if his car was in my driveway. If I saw his car, I wouldn't go home till he left. Then when I got home I would call him and tell him I'm sorry... I must have just missed him. So many lies all the time. I feel sick about it now. This is like therapy....and best of all.....IT'S FREE. I feel like such a creep about it now. When I bought cigarettes at the store I would mention I was buying them for someone else. Yeh..right.. like the cashier whom I didn't even know really cared. I don't know how I don't have lung cancer...as I smoked the whole cigarette really fast and deep. Each cigarette really got smoked. YIKES> Mercy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 99 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,998 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $442.53 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9

Reading this thread: