Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,518 Members

Please welcome our newest members: FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12

Drawing and coloring

17 years ago 0 2101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow emotionnal collages! That sounds great. I think i might try my hand at it. Thanks for sharing that :) -Diva
17 years ago 0 799 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi everyone, It is great to see that this thread has been brought forward! Fellow members, continue to share your ideas! Remember, we all learn from each other! Casey _____________________________ The Panic Center Support Team
17 years ago 0 10 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes, I too have a creative edge that helps me relax and gain some peace. I do emotion collages. Sometimes I pick a feeling and gather words and pics from magazines and put them all together to make a collage. It replaces journaling for me because I don't like to write a lot and pics are wortha thousands words. Sometimes I pucka happy them and collage around that. Sunshine
I would like to add scrapbooking to my list lol. I have started a "happy book" where I basically collect all my best moments and greatest successes. It is not just for the fun moments but also for all those moments I overcame a major event and triumphed. So now I do scrapbooking lol Kinda fun i get to clor and play with stickers :P I am turning into a big kid again and it is great! Plus when I get sad or have a bad day i can look at my happy book and know I will be ok. Anybody else wanna share a hobby feel free to let us know what makes you happy :) -Diva
Wow Lil_bit thanks for sharing this with us! Those sound like really great hobbies! And i agree with you totally, creative expression is great for relaxation :) Thanks again for adding to the list and letting us know what relaxes you :) -Diva
17 years ago 0 26 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am so huge into creativity as a source of relaxation. I make jewelry, crochet, knit, do glass etching, and just about anything else I can get my hands on. I have to concentrate on what I'm doing, so the anxiety just fades away, plus I have some beautiful creations to boot. I mostly give them away as gifts, but I sell the jewelry because it's such an expensive hobby. I've been known to blow 300 dollars at the craft store buying supplies! But I'm very passionate about art and my crafts so the dollar amount doesn't even phase me anymore. I think it's worth every penny!
Ok in another thead aptly called dancing (Thanks Moochela for sharing :) )we have also added, you've guessed it lol Dancing to our list! Now, if those aren't great options we have for fun and relaxing i don't know what would be lol. I personally intend to try a few new ones :) Thanks for sharing everyone and i hope there is more to come!
Wow thanks for contributing to this thread! Keep on posting. Repeat stuff, add stuff, the more the merrier! but just in case somebody is interested here is the list this thread has compiled: Coloring Drawing Designing photography playing guitar signing painting (water color and acrylic) Reading: Novels short atories Inspirational books Writting poems Writting correspondance to family and friends Cooking Whittling wood Model cars and painting them Baking Now isnt that list a beauty! As i said keepem coming! Dont be shy! Doesnt matter if you add or repeat it is always great to see what helps! -Diva
Wow that sounds like a really nice and fun hobby. Are there any easy modles for beginners? I might be interested in trying one if it was for beginners :) P.S: Sorry if the question sounds stupid i know nothing of how tough modelling can be, i just like the idea of kinda building something lol -Diva
17 years ago 0 12 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This may sound silly to most everyone, but I enjoy building model cars for relaxation (although at times, it can get frustrating! lol). I actually have a model spray paint booth, so I can paint anytime. I guess it's considered creative, as I create a model out of a pile of plastic. But anyways, it really helps pass the time, and helps me relax.

Reading this thread: