Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Venting

13 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sunny,
I'm so glad to  see you here..How are you doing? I hope you are  well.
Thinking of you,
Cleo
13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes, it would be good if he came back.  If you are taking some time off and still reading posts, pls. know that you are missed and a real plus for this site.
Carnations,
That's what we are all here for! Support , sharing, and passing on knowledge!
I want to talk with my friend and mentor Davit, who was never shy to say it like it is..which I appreciate so much.... maybe now its my turn to give some advice....so here goes....Davit....I, and  so many others  miss  you, and want you  to be involved here...your incredible experiences and knowledge is so inspiring ...so  get up, dust yourself off and do what you do so well....helping  others suffering with anxiety /panic. I will continue to be here either way, but your input means such a great deal to me.  I want some advice on how I should manage my new BP pill too, knowing you self-regulate it.
To all of us here, have a great night..I will check in in the morning
Goodnight,
Cleo

. Since you take the same one. .
13 years ago 0 42 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
cleo,
yes you are right. one step at a time and that is what i'm doing too.
thanks for the kind words and support.
Hi Carnations
I just wrote a nice long letter to you and something happened with  the computer...so I'm making this one  shorter..ha
I agree that the Exposure is difficult..but it feels so good to accomplish something that its kind of addictive. I'm working on my elevator phobia now..and am almost looking forward to seeing how far I can get tonight. I'm not putting any pressure on myself..take one step at a time
Good luck! You can beat this!
Cleo
13 years ago 0 42 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
davit,

thanks for the information and help. you have really been helpful and supportive.
when i first came to this site, i thought i was the only one suffering from anxiety and i never thought i would ever get better. i thought i would be suffering from anxiety alone for the rest of my life.
you are right, parts of the program has been hard to do, especially the exposure section. but i just keep taking it one day at a time and i keep pushing myself to do it.
you have been an inspiration that i CAN (hopefully) overcome this anxiety.
thanks.
13 years ago 0 420 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am so grateful that we all have this group to come to, where we can all express ourselves and our right to the freedom of speech. 

Red
I would also like to add to my last entry that the support group I attended was headed by a counselor and the decision to take SSRI medication was the gentleman's decision, not ours.  We supported him while he was going through some side effects and while he was seeing his doctor with follow-up appts.  
Most definitely! feelings of suicide are certainly a red flag and that's why your doctor's knowledge and guidance is so important as you go through the trial period.  Side effects I was talking about are more like nausea, headache, jittery for awhile, spacey feeling/lightheaded.  Suicidal thoughts are definitely a reason to stop.
13 years ago 0 420 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
  I am so glad you mentioned the fact that SSRIs can make some people suicidal. I know some people think that everyone can get used to SSRIs if the stay on them long enough and that is just not true.  I am one of those people that became suicidal and no one knows how a medication is going to affect another person even if they have never been suicidal in past. There is always the first time.  I would not recommend that a person keep taking a medication that is making them feel suicidal or  more suicidal, thinking that they will get used to the medication.  I am glad I stopped taking a SSRI years ago, if I hadn't listen to myself and continued with the meds I would not be here today to talk about. When it comes to meds I really think it is a personal decision if you want to take them or not and that you need to get all the information you can about the medication.
Try it if you want to see if it helps you and if it does good, if it doesn't and you are feeling a lot worse or suicidal then you need to talk to your doctor.  If that doesn't work and you need to get off a med calling a pharmacist can be very helpful.  I have know people personally that took meds because their doctor gave them a Rx for a medication and just kept taking meds trying one, and if one didn't work than they'd try another. Those people are not longer around they didn't make it they died.  I think when it come to meds you need to use some common sense and go with Your instincts, only you know how you really feel.  I am not a doctor so I can not give medical advice. I can only tell you my experience. I would not want you to base your decision on anything I have said.  I can not and will not tell you what you should or shouldn't do. Its Your Choice and a Decision You will have to and need to make for yourself. 

Reading this thread: