Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,550 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57

Small Steps Equal Success

10 years ago 0 356 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Red,

I read your post about the rude doctor and just wanted to say I"m sorry you went through that. I am a sensitive person to negativity from others and find it really hard to not feel the effects and like you, the negativity can affect me for quite a while afterwards. I can sympathize with how that made you feel.

Davit I like the analogy of the rain coat and umbrella because it speaks to how we don't have to change ourselves to get along in the world but we do need protection and boundaries and strategies to deal with negativity. I read about sensitivity a while back as a personality trait and it is interesting stuff about the pros and cons to being so sensitive to the world around us. The word sensitive has a negative connotation in some circles but I do not think it is a negative word at all now that I have read more about it.
10 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Davit,

My dear friend, thank you so much for your heart felt post. I am a Orange that is for sure and it would be impossible for me to be a Apple. I hope to God I never become a Apple either. I guess I am going to have to get me some of your rain gear to protect from their acid rain. Maybe you can teach me how to protect myself from the Apples burning pain..That way I can walk safely in their world went I have to.

I didn't make it to my regular doctor today they had to reschedule me because of he was over book and was working only have a day in the clinic today..So I see him on Friday and sure could use some tips from you on how to shield myself when I walk into their world again.

Tomorrow I see the dentist for a 3 hours appointment in the dental chair and believe or not I am more fearful of going to the Big clinic on Friday than I am of being at the dentist..He is a gentle and sweet man.

My hope is that all goes well with the doctor Friday and that he can help me and doesn't get upset because I had some labs done else where..I did email him and he sent me a note thanking me for the update and told me that if I had any concerns to feel free to make a appointment and come in to see him. So I thinking it should be ok. I guess I am just letting the anxiety and fear get the best of me..

Red..

10 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Red

My dear friend, you realize there are a lot more apples than oranges in the world so if you are an orange the apples can be very hard to deal with. Especially in their world. Walking in the rain is quite pleasant with boots and an umbrella if you have a warm coat but very unpleasant without them. So when you are an orange you need these things or you are going to get wet. Over time you learn to keep an umbrella handy and when to use it. You see if you get wet it will colour your whole day (and then some). We oranges develop a mental umbrella to deal with these unpleasant activities in the apple world. Being educated and affluent doesn't make you an orange, being individual does. No matter what you are or who you are. Act like an orange and you are one, Act like an apple and you are one. Act like an apple and drop it after and you are still an orange but you are also a winner and this is the umbrella that shields you from their acid rain. Walking through their world can be very unpleasant with out the right gear. And it is their world not ours, there is no room for that sort of ignorance and rude in ours. I have more than one doctor here, one that is handy, and one that is good. This way I get the help I need. And I'm never without my umbrella, it allows me to be pleasant when I sure as hell don't want to be.

Davit. 

PS I've been on various BP meds for quite a while. For me they had to be adjusted as my body got used to them and they became less effective. I take a Beta Blocker and some times a Diuretic if I've over worked and have edema. I have to take the Beta Blocker in a split dose so I can still work. All at once and I can't get anything done. It is like my Arthritis meds that I have to adjust some times.
Taking steps can be anxiety provoking. Doing nothing is too..
This morning I made a appointment to see my previous doctor the new one wasn't a good fit at all. I found out the hard way that grass isn't always greener on the other side at all..The new doctor does not like to sit down and discuss meds with the patients. He called in meds without talking to me at all so I emailed and called with question.

When he did call he was rude, angry and off the wall..So my Blood pressure went through the roof running 170/100 and he accused me of being hostile..It was very upsetting and depressing to say the least. I did call and talk to a patient advocate and she was very understanding. I will not be seeing him again..

Anyway needless to say despite all the anxiety that this caused me I did make appointment to see my previous doctor and am going back to see him this afternoon to talk about to him about going on blood pressure medication and to discuss my hip pain that has been keeping me awake at night..He is easy to talk to, he listens and we discuss the medications and than we come up with a plan that we are both comfortable with..This is my hope and goal for today.

Tomorrow I have a three hour dental appointment so I need be calm for that too. The BP meds should help I hope.

Today I am feeling sad and anxious and overwhelmed from the negativity of yesterday. I am hoping seeing the doctor today will be a step in the right direction and with help alleviate some of my physical and emotional pain..

Exposure work isn't easy but doing nothing isn't either..

Red

Your Welcome Hugs..

Red...

10 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Red,
Thanks for reminding me to follow our natural rhythms.  I feel sometimes that I have to keep pushing myself.

While Resting and Reflecting today..These are some of My Thoughts that came to me..

Taking time out for myself or yourself is a big part of getting well..and learning to assert yourself and realizing it is ok to say No. Even to the ones who are supposed to know everything..because guess what they don't always know everything and they don't always know what is best for you or have your best interested at heart..Only you know what you really want and what is best for you.

So remember to stop and listen to yourself and your inner voice.
Think before you leap and do what is best for you..

Red.

Talking to my friends here and taking a rest..Have a great day everyone..

Red..
  :)

Small Steps Equal Success!!!

I have been working on this Goal for Two Years now and finally all my hard work and all the Small steps I have taken to get here are paying off in a Big way.... 

I went to my New clinic and saw my New Doctor for the first time yesterday. Everyone was Wonderful. It was a great day and I received Health Care at its Best finally sweet success. I even rewarded myself with a little clothes shopping afterwords..

I am very grateful and feel truly Blessed..

Red..
  :)

Thanks Naa! Yes it has been..
Your postive energy is appreciated today..

Red:)

Reading this thread: