Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Social anxiety disorder

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.756 posts in 47.057 threads.

160,701 Members

Please welcome our newest members: koalablind, Jen S, CBEA KATRINA, LLYKA, aseprodi

Quote of the Day Part Two

10 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Nothing in life is so hard that you can't make it easier by the way you take it.
- Ellen Glasgow

It seems that a renovation won't be timely with the winter weather, so I'm going to reframe it looking at it as a spring scheduling.
The one thing over which you have absolute control is your own thoughts. It is this that puts you in a position to control your own destiny.
- Paul G. Thomas
It's how you deal with failure that determines how you achieve success.
- David Feherty

When I read about how companies have to transform themselves, or fail, I realized that I have to do the same.  Apparently, large companies like Kodak, Blockbuster & Borders couldn't compete and collapsed, but they had symptoms on their quarterly reports, and couldn't react in time to their competitors.

My point is that I want to change, and I can accept my weaknesses, but not responding to those weaknesses can cause longer term "failures" of bigger proportions, so it's okay to fail in the small ways I do daily, but progressing is important so I want  to be flexible enough to survive the bigger challenges.
If you can't get a compliment any other way, pay yourself one.
- Mark Twain
Just because something doesn't do what you planned it to do doesn't mean it's useless.
- Thomas A. Edison
The only thing that stands between a man and what he wants from life is often merely the will to try it and the faith to believe that it is possible.
- Richard M. DeVos
Just don't give up trying to do what you really want to do. Where there is love and inspiration, I don't think you can go wrong.
- Ella Fitzgerald
He can who thinks he can, and he can't who thinks he can't. This is an inexorable, indisputable law.
- Henry Ford
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.
- Confucius
Quote of the Day:
Failure does not count. If you accept this, you'll be successful. What causes most people to fail is that after one failure, they'll stop trying.
- Frank Burford

I wonder if others see that in themselves or others?  I can't see it in myself, except for embarrassingly saying it once. I do see it in my parent,and it's hard to get past.

Reading this thread: