Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,633 Members

Please welcome our newest members: GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown

Quote of the day

12 years ago 0 4027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I went into this store known for organizing, and was seduced by their newness, and marketing, and cheap and generous cafeteria.  As I compared one piece of furniture to another store's, I realized how poor the quality was.  And the customer service was awful, since their agents couldn't give me much information or use their own website properly.

One person was so insecure, I wondered what they were doing in customer service, since as a customer, I was unimpressed.

Then I realized, as Davit suggested, that their systems will work, but not everything works for everyone!

Sometimes I wish there was an easy, quick answer to everything

It's like trying to explain to someone that their messy desk is "unacceptable".  But that person, because their mind works differently, can actually find anything in a moment.
12 years ago 0 252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I agree with this quote...and at the same time I have to say that what ever you are trying to accomplish or are going through in your life give it your all and your best shot..If what your doing still isn't working for you than you might want to consider stopping what isn't working for you and move in a more positive and helpful direction.

Don't give up on yourself or life and try to keep a open and positive mind.....

Red....

Davit,
I wasn't commenting on CBT.  Between you, me and the horse, you might have wandered down "Mind Reading Trail"

12 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Just because it is not working does not mean it doesn't work. If it is designed to work and known to work then if it doesn't work for you then it is you not it.

Giving up on CBT because you can't make it work first time round does not mean it doesn't. But it does make a good excuse to give up. 

If something isn't working because it is not meant to then by all means drop it. But give it a fair shake before you do. Amazing how many people will jump from one thing to another looking for the magic bullet when the answer is right in front of them. If you are going to waste time trying to make something work you might as well try to make something that is known to work, work.

Davit.
Quote of the Day:
To get what you want, STOP doing what isn't working.
- Dennis Weaver

This reminds me of the story of the guy who goes to the doctor and complains of a headache and admits he is hitting himself with a hammer.  The doc tells him to stop hitting himself with a hammer.

Finding that hammer, or how to stop that hammer is the hard part, or having someone tell you they see something unhealthy is the challenge in our lives, isn't it?
Quote of the Day:
I am not judged by the number of times I fail, but by the number of times I succeed; and the number of times I succeed is in direct proportion to the number of times I can fail and keep on trying.
- Tom Hopkins

Isn't it hard to persevere in the face opposition?
Dedicate yourself to the good you deserve and desire for yourself. Give yourself peace of mind. You deserve to be happy. You deserve delight.
- Mark Victor Hansen

This is hard to swallow, since I get the opposite message from negative people around me.
Quote of the Day:
There is something good in all seeming failures. You are not to see that now. Time will reveal it. Be patient.
- Sri Swami Sivananda

Being patient is a challenge, but a good long term goal, along with most wisdom

Quote of the Day:
Great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together.
- Vincent Van Gogh

This incremental approach is so important to me, especially endorsed by a great artist.
Quote of the Day:
Others have done it before me. I can, too.
- Corporal John Faunce

Sometimes, in an effort to motivate myself, I look at others who I think are my equals, and make that assertion that it is within my capacity to match their endeavours, as this quote suggests.

Reading this thread: