Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Alex 2 1
lara 1 0

Most Loved

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,567 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RMUEGA, LARISTOTELES, DeeTart, PMYKEL JOHN, Water&Forest

Accomplishments and other Postive Things

13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Red

I am happy for you, don't get that wrong and I said bordering on aggressive. I did not want you too slip over and you will see you didn't by answering with an assertive manner. Congratulations. You must know I do nothing without reason. And yes, do not let anything get in your way of achieving freedom. You really are so much better than last year. I'm so glad your partner stands by you, some don't.
Sorry if you misunderstood my intention.

Davit
13 years ago 0 659 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Davit,

My partner I have to disagree with you we do not think the last part of my post is aggressive I was justing stating the facts.  I was expressing myself  in a assertive way and this is not aggressive and I do know the difference between the two.  I have turned a very negative situation into a very positive situation for myself and have made the best out of it.  I am now enjoying my class and learning a new craft that I enjoy.  So I really don't see any negatives in it or my post.  I am getting well and I know this is hard to accept.  It has taken me a long time to get this far and I will not let what anyone says or does get in the way of my progress or happiness.  I am very happy with my progress and that is all that really matters and no one can take that away form me now no matter what......My partner has been very supportive and stood by me and helped me while I have been working on the program here for the last year.  He is in total agreement with me and is very happy to see me asserting myself and in no way feels that I am being negative or aggressive.  He and truly wants to see me get well and is very happy for me.  I am so lucky to have him to talk to and discuss things with like this post.  I am one of the lucky ones and I am well enough that I do not need to come here anymore for support at this point.  I am moving in a very positive direction with my life now and  I think it is time to move on.  I am sorry if you find this post or me agressive.

Red

Red
Red.

My friend, and I hope I'm still your friend after this. Very good how you handled it cool but assertive and I'm proud of you. But the end of your post is bordering on aggressive. You know how close they are, and one is negative and one positive. I know you want to drop it, I just want you to think how it made you feel. This is sort of thought exposure, and now having risked making you mad at me I will do as you asked and drop it.

Jour friend 
Davit
13 years ago 0 653 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Red,

Consider it dropped and firmly in the past! Thanks for clarifying the situation. And again, congrats on handling the situation so well, and for recognizing that you did too!!

I'm glad that you are enjoying class and hope you post a pic of your finished project--no pressure though!!

Tiana, Health Educator
Tiana,

Thank you for the compliment. 

I have to disagree with you on the assessment on my statement about my former instructor.   I really feel I am correct on  my assessment of the situation and so is my partner.  He has been in my class room and we have both had contact with this person  and he has seen the way she interacts with me.  I tell her good night when I leave class and she is very unfriendly and only speaks when she has to me like when she tells me what my total bill is at the cash register. I have been tried to be friendly and get no response.  Just a yes or no.. Thats it.. She was not instructing my class last night but was going around helping lots of other students except for me.  My new instructor was up front helping someone pick out fabric and was not available in the class room its self.  The old instructor never said hello, good bye or anything while I sat and waited for 30 minutes for someone to help me. She basically acted like I wasn't there as usual thats why I left her class and moved to this new class.  I finally got up and went up front to find my new instructor and she answered my questions and helped me and I was able to start working on my project.   I think I handled this situation very well and asked for the help I needed.  I turned a negative situation into a positive situation and the fact that the old instructor is in the class and acting like I am invisible has not ruined the class for me....Like I stated I got a lot of positive feedback from my fellow students and my new instructor.  I do not have to be liked by everyone. I have accepted this fact and am very happy with the way I handled a very uncomfortable situation.. I am comfortable in class now in spite of the situation and am enjoying my self....  Anyway I have dealt with situation and there is really no reason to talk about it anymore.  It is in the past......and I have moved on in much more positive direction and have decided to not let the one negative ruin it for me.... Nothing is perfect and that ok with me...
The one negative is not worth caring or thinking about anymore.....

Red
13 years ago 0 653 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Red,

Good work! I'm very glad you are feeling so good and positive! You should be proud of yourself.

Of course, I have a challenge for you- that is my job, after all ! You mention that to the instructor, you are "not her favorite person". What if you erase that bit of negativity and possibly incorrect assumption from your mind for your next encounter? Might be one more good step in your CBT...

Enjoy your new thoughts on yourself and life!

Tiana, Health Educator
Good morning!

Davit and Teebs,

Thank for your responses to my post.  It is very comforting and encouraging knowing you are here. It does feel good when you know that others here notice the progress you are making and realize how much work it takes because were are all working on the same thing, the cbt program.  We are getting control of our lives back working threw this program together in the support group here.  It really means a lot to me that you took the time to respond and that I am not just a speck of sand on the face of this Earth.  I am not invisible to the people who know me and care.  That we can share the negatives and positives with each other here and watch each others negatives turn into positives....We know how hard this work is and we  also know it does pay off as long as we never give up.....Thank you all for your encouraging words and for never giving up on me or yourselves.....

Your friend.
Here for you.
Red

Red

Good for you, you did real well. Congratulations, It is morning here. 1245 A.M. So I'm off for some rest too. See you in your next post.

Here with you.
Davit.
13 years ago 0 286 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Red,
I'm so glad you had a better experience! It must be rewarding to see your work with session 14 paying off so quickly. I'm really impressed that you were able to go back to the class after having a couple tough weeks - way to go!!
Teebs

Good evening Teebs
I am glad to hear you are easing up on yourself too... I too have a long ways to go on that front. 

Good evening All,
I just got home from my class and things went a lot better this time.  I have been working on session 14 and it is helping me understand myself.  I was not as passive tonight and asserted my self and asked for help with my project and actually got help and it went very well.. They old instructor was there again tonight. I am not her favorite person but thats it ok because the other ladies started to warm up to me tonight and I had a nice time...I replaced the negative with all the positive feedback I received from the other students and my new instructor..... I was a really good night. 
I am pretty tired right so I will let myself relax for a couple of days and I should be back to my old self, sorry I mean my new more confident self in no time....when I get a little rest...  Well its 10:30 pm here in my neck of the woods so I am going to sign out for now and get some shut eye..... See you all tomorrow...

Red

Reading this thread: