Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Alex 2 1
lara 1 0

Most Loved

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,563 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PMYKEL JOHN, Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN

Accomplishments and other Postive Things

13 years ago 0 1071 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow Red, This is huge!  You are growing by leaps and bounds.  I am so happy for you and so proud of you for taking great care of yourself.  You are an inspiration to us.  Thank you for sharing your progress.  Your friend, Shari
13 years ago 0 659 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have made some progress as it relates to taking care of myself.  I have been leaving the house now and getting my hair cut on a regular basis for about 3 months.  I was able to go to the mall yesterday on a Friday afternoon when it is packed with people and  very noisy and get my hair cut.  I did not run and was able to get my hair styled and also went for a walk inside the mall before I left and also got some supplies. Now that I have started taking bp meds and my bp is down I am able to walk and get some exercise without to much distress. This also seems to help with the anxiety. I am really happy about this and am feeling good about taking better care of myself. Both physically and mentally.

Red
13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Pounce

Sorry to disappoint you I am half French and half English, so half the time I can cook and half the time I want to eat junk.
Cabbage rolls are universal and I use very lean home grown beef and well cooked bacon. I grow Copenhagen market cabbage for the leaves when I roll them. Very large loose leaves for big fat rolls And I prefer short grain brown rice pre-cooked. Sorry the bacon fat gets discarded. I am going to make a short trial run with a rice substitute grain that slips my mind right now and leave the beef out. I'll have to think of the name, it is the only grain with all eight amino acids. A complete protein.

Making me hungry.
Davit.
13 years ago 0 15 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Davit, are you Ukrainian Canadian? I am :o

I love to dump the bacon fat on the top of the cabbage rolls... I never make them with beef - so much better with bacon!!! mmm. Hydrogenated Oils are TERRIBLE for you anyways! I cut them all out, and high fructose corn syrup and flouride. No one needs to eat those garbage foods :) 

Blessing is discuise 
13 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Everyone,
 Red, Davit, Sunny.... Good going!  I like the apple hint...I'm going to try that....but sorry Sunny, I draw the line at tofu!  haha! I think we eat healthily, but  there's always room for improvement..my biggest hurdle is exercise! I hate it!The only thing I like to do is walk...anyone got some motivational hints on how to like exercising?
Cleo

13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi everyone:  I used to use soy milk a lot but have gotten out of the habit.  I think I'd like to go back to it.  I use tofu also as a protein substitute.  It's pretty bland but will take the flavour of whatever you are making.  Soy milk, vanilla flavoured, pretty good.  I use the Omega 3 eggs too.
13 years ago 0 1071 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I am so proud of you!  Way to go!
My biggest accomplishment and the most positive thing I have done lately that I am very happy about is..... I have changed my diet and started eating healthier and I am losing weight.   Yeah!!!!!

Red
Davit,
The product I was telling you about has 0 hydrogenated oils in it. It is next to the margarine in the store its called a buttery spread not margarine even though it looks like it is. It is the one named Smart Balance. The label states no hydrogenated oils, 0 trans fats, no partially hydrogenated oils and no palm oil. It also states it is a excellent source of omega-3's vitamins, B6 and B12.  I am not sure if you have it in Canada.  It does have calories though 80 per tablespoon. So you got to watch the in take.  Anyway its a thought.  It should be fun having your friend teach you how to cook vegetarian. Maybe you can pass on some of the info to us.  They have a healthy weight sister site here you might be interested in.  I joined a while back but have not studied the program. Not to many in the group but everyone is real nice.  Good luck with the weight loss.  I am not going to tell you what I weigh but I would like to lose about 20 lbs or more.  Well I have got to go to the store now to get supplies and some more apples. I have been using your apple tip for a while and it really works.  Have a nice dinner.  Talk to you later.

Your friend,
Red
13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Red

I can't have any Hydrogenated oils, Margarine's or shortenings, because of the Arthritis. Olive oil I can have.
Goji berries are like red raisins and quite expensive. Goji juice is very expensive, But again you use very little and if it works then what does it matter.

I agree with you except I think you could have more bacon as long as it is crisp. I love bacon. Mostly I put it in cabbage rolls. I was just at the store for olive oil so I can make Pesto and I have some rice noodles I want to try. I strongly believe that what we eat can affect our mental state. I found a mozzarella cheese with only 7% fat. But again, the liver may change the protein to fat anyway so best still to limit it.

I have a friend who is allergic to meat protein, It makes her very sick. She is going to teach me some vegetarian stuff.
She is our age, of medium build has lots of energy and has only had one minor panic attack in her life. She must be doing something right. Nothing animal, including milk, which I like. So I am going to keep track loosely of how much weight I can lose. Right now I am 5'9" and weigh 189 lbs. Not bad but not what I want. And I know better than to ask a lady what she weighs. I would like to be 175 lbs, but I doubt it is obtainable. But now that I have officially put it forward, I have to try. I love nuts, but use them mostly in baking so I don't eat too many. Oh and apples, Apples are an appetite suppressant and a very good source of fibre. An apple before a meal and you will eat less. Can't wait for my apples to ripen.

Your friend.
Davit.

Reading this thread: