Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 7:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Cognitive Exposure

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Alex 2 1
lara 1 0

Most Loved

Browse through 411.751 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,573 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RREYES, TBACARO, RMUEGA, LARISTOTELES, DeeTart

Accomplishments and other Postive Things

13 years ago 0 538 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Happy Birthday Red!
Enjoy your cake, company and ofcourse the cheese sauce!
Cleo
13 years ago 0 1665 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

HAPPY BIRTHDAY.   Hope you have a wonderful day filled with love and joy.

13 years ago 0 1071 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HAPPY BIRTHDAY RED!!!!
13 years ago 0 659 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Cleo,
Thanks for putting up your cheese sauce recipe for me. I just printed it up and am putting it in my little recipe box. This was so nice of you.  Yes I remember taking home-ec a long long time ago, like 45 yrs ago!   Its good you still had your little book from class. Its really kind of fun exchanging recipes. I am looking forward to making  your cheese sauce. I've got every thing  I need but the dried mustard.   Yummy!!!    My partner is using the kitchen to make me a birthday cake for my birthday tomorrow and after he is done I'm going to get busy making him some of your cheese sauce. I am sure we will love it!

Red

Hi Red,
This recipe comes from a little cook-book  I got in Grade7 Home-Ec...thats a long ,long time ago!
Make a medium White Sauce:
2Tbsp. butter or margarine
2 Tbsp. Flour
1 cup milk
Melt butter in saucepan on medium heat, add flour, stir until its a thick paste, then gradually add milk, stir constantly until smooth .
Then add:
1 cup shredded old cheddar cheese(I've used med. cheddar and its fine)
1/2 tsp. dry mustard
Salt and pepper to taste
Hope you like it.
Cleo

Good morning Cleo!! 
Thanks!!  I am proud and happy. I am glad you like the new pic. I also like your new pic on the wharf.  My pic was taken while we were on the road traveling. I was sitting in our travel trailer taking a new sewing machine for a test run. My partner collects and restores antique farm engines as a hobby and we show them in tractor and antique farm engine shows.  Because of the program here I was able to take a quilting class which in turn gives me something new I can do as a distraction. I like this photo because it reminds me of how far I have come and how much happier I now am.   Enough about me.  Now on to your cheese sauce.  I would really love to have your recipe. We were just talking about wanting a easy cheese sauce recipe and then you offered up one. Perfect timing.  It sounds yummy!!!  I can't wait to make it. 

Red
Wondeful Red! You should be very happy and proud of yourself!  Great new picture too!
Davit...who doesn't love new potatoes with butter? How could one be unhappy eating that? This site is worst than TV commercials..I'm not even hungry but I want potatoes, cauliflower with cheese sauce, and some pickes on the side. Red....I have an easy recipe for a yummy cheese sauce..but its fattening!
Cleo
Thanks Shari,   There's no turning back.  Of course who would want to turn back..... I sure don't
Your friend, Red
Davit,

Thanks Davit,  You are so Funny. You made me laugh :-)  I was just thinking about having some new potatoes with butter and some cauliflower tonight.  Don't know how to make the cheese sauce though.  The mall sure has gotten easier since I started here and you remember what I was like.  I walked out of the mall to put some packages in the duelly, thats right the duelly truck with is big fat butt.. I am a redneckgirl!!! with her redneck dude in hand. I got too hot to go back in and walk some more it was 95 degrees outside and I didn't make it back into the mall .  That was what I had planned on doing.  That right me, Red going back in the mall and crowd to walk some more. The thought of going back didn't even bother me I was so excited about being able to get around better.  Enough about me.  I love the new pic you put up,  Thanks.... I also love cucumbers and pickles. 

Your Friend forever,
Red.
13 years ago 0 6252 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Red

Congratulations, I can remember when you would have had a lot of trouble with this. I can visualize the mall and I can see exactly what you went through, this is terrific.
On a sad note, I have been eating too many new potato's with butter, and cauliflower with cheese. I have literally rolled off the wagon, I am not getting any smaller. I am though mentally happier than a pig in......! This will pass. (I hope) :-)

Your friend for ever.
Davit.

Reading this thread: