Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.760 posts in 47.060 threads.

160,781 Members

Please welcome our newest members: LBUELA, RBORBON, ATIQUI, A_Cyclist, Cecilia_EH

8 Currys in 8 Days-This Aint Good-Is It?

17 years ago 0 204 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tony! Use the curry! I smother my food with tabasco! Wife cant cook, need the tabasco to camouflage it! lol Jim [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/17/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 119 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $27.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
17 years ago 0 101 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ok so its a thumbs up then?? Any dietitians or docs out there to tell me this is ok? Scared? Ha!! You wanna be me with now a curry dependancy!! Tony [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 535 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �120 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
Yes, Tony here in the UK. If most of you on here dont know about the UK and its Curry situation, well gather round. Where Curry is concerned, the UK Capital of India in the Curry market. Masala,Madras,Vindaloo,Fal,Rogan Josh, Balti etc etc I`ve had em all. madras is my perfect one with fried rice, a few chips and a Naan Bread. I`ve had one every day since my quit and this aint right. I aint had the chips/rice every time but the Curry and Naan I have. I`m hooked and I need to stop!! Or do I????? I this worse that smoking?? Naaaarr!!! It cant be...can it?? Please help...I love curry and I just cant wait for my next one even tho` my asse is stinging!! Please Help. Tony [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 523 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �120 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
Whatever it takes eh? CCC sounds a cool name for a curry house. Oh, its 9 currys in 9 days now. Went to "The Cottage" curry house in Warrington(UK) last night-It Was Magnificent. It was my mates birthday-ten of us went and I noticed only 2 smoke!! Used to be 3, but I dont go outside now in the cold to fill my lungs full of s""t. Felt Dead Cool staying inside and my mates noticed and patted me on the back. Felt Great!! Tony. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 605 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �150 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
Thanks Danielle and All of You, I`m doing good and day 10 over and in good health. Tony. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 648 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �150 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
17 years ago 0 598 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Don't worry, Keith. Your taste bud will gradually get back to normal levels. For the time being, enjoy the mild version of Vindaloo! :) Cheers, nmc (a curry lover) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 97 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 978 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $485 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
Hi Tony & Jan, Perhaps we should open a 3C group (CCC: Curry Cooking Club) to dicuss how to maintain our quit with the help of exotic, spicy, and fiery curries ?! ;p Cheers, nmc [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 90 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 909 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $450 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
:eg: ;) nmc
In the early stage of this quit, I found it hard to resist the temptation of smoking after a big meal! :( Following the advice of a quitter friend, I add some spicy chilli paste to the food, including my favorite Indian or Thai curries (from a jar of dried red chilly in oil, imported from China, mostly available at Asian supermarkets ...). Oh boy! It's hot! It burns my tongue, numbs my mouth, and kills all the cravings for cigarettes! :) Cheers, nmc [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 89 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 898 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $445 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Keith, how about sending some of those curries my way, you make them all sound so enticing!!!!! Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 486 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $144 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9

Reading this thread: