Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

Starting day 4......need to rant

17 years ago 0 983 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dunedad... I'm so proud of you!! No it's not easy for us....but anything worth doing usually isn't always easy. One day at a time...one craving at a time, and it helps me to focus on what makes me happy about quitting instead of what makes me sad about not having a cigerette. Things I like: I smell so much better, I have more time on my hands to do things around the house and yes, talk to my kid's because I'm not outside having a cigerette, I don't feel like an outsider when I'm with non-smokers, I can sit through a 2 1/2 hour play and not go outside during intermission and have a cig, I don't get quite as out of breath going up a flight of stairs (still working on this), and my breath doesn't smell like an ashtry. As the days go on, I will be thankful for my improved health and in the years to come we will be thankful that we are hear to experience life with our family and friends...that is really what's motivating me. Hang tough and remember, your not alone. Kim [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 140 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $33 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
17 years ago 0 983 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
LOL, doing the party dance.....8 days, no puffs, laundry done, front closet cleaned so well, you could eat off of the floor, I've gained three pounds, so obviously, my appetite is still good, and I'm breathing easier. I climbed the stairs this morning to wake up the little darlings, and my breathing was much better when I got to the top....that's what I'm talking about!!! woohoo!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 185 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $44 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
17 years ago 0 17 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Dune, I'm glad you're holding well! Today is my day 6! My worst day 3 under my belt, I'm on cold turkey to fight this demon. Past 2 days were generally mild urges, controlled by keeping busy and positive thoughts until last night at 9pm....this severe craving I couldn't control which lasted 20 minute and finally took the gum(glad I was HOME). I'm off to gym this morning to reinforce my mind and body for more tests to come. Oh, I purchased brand new surfski" which I don't know anything about will arrive tuesday. Yes, I broke the bank but needed something new, challenging sport to keep my mind off, why not I deserve it! Just remember I�m few days ahead of you�if I can do this you can also!! ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 128 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $48 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
17 years ago 0 985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
A A A A! I meant to type .. the feelings AREN'T pleasant..... sorry DD! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 252 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $108 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
Hang in Dunedad.. we've all felt what you're feeling. Maybe to varying degrees but none the less the feelings are pleasant, but as you said they do subside and then hit again. Take long deep breaths through your nose and out slowly through your mouth... think of a place or a thing which brings you pleasure and focus on that while breathing... awwwwwwwww.... yes that's it hon. :) It does pass! Also keep your hands busy.. I mean even Rosie Greer crocheted/knitted.. it's not a female thing! Maybe take one of those up? Just throwing out some idea's .. I started making a scarf a week ago and you know what???? IT'S TURNING INTO A FREAKIN' BLANKET! LMAO! ((((((((((((((((hugz))))))))))))) of support! Monica :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 252 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $108 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
Yes, that's why I came by.. to check up on you DD.. How's it going.. check in, let us know k? Monica58 [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 16 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 328 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $144 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
17 years ago 0 406 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dunedude -- whassup?? Been a few days since we heard from you. Hope everything is okay. peteg
What's the name of the discussion in New Users, Dunedude? I looked for it, but couldn't find anything from you. (Starting to lose my grip here a little bit... just read something about a "Sunshine Club" and had an urge to find a loaded gun and point it at the first person who sends a loopy grin my way...) peteg
Dune Dude! I am SO in the same place as you! I too started feeling "normal" at 15 with those first totally cool smokes. (Yikes, who knew where they'd lead 40 years down the road??) There is a better normal, and a cooler cool right around the corner. Getting there might not be half the fun, but we will get there. I've appreciated your posts in the past, and now I know why. We're cut from the same cloth. Hang in with me to find the new normal. peteg [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 694 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $71.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
Yo go Dunedude. You do get around what with the ducks, birthdays, parties, and everything else. You gotta admit -- not smoking is so much cooler, easier, more fun, and way more adaptable (!!) than smoking, right?? Rant away, dude, but recognize how good things are for you right now. Did you have ducks before? Huh?? Didja?? peteg [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 744 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $77 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30

Reading this thread: