Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

At work....Nervous.....Craving....Need Help

18 years ago 0 35 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well I am going into the Weekend (which the trigger (Boredom) sets in the most) and I figured any type of after effects I can deal with. I am kind of spaced out anyway because of the lack of smoking and all, but not as bad as the past few days so my concentration is returning a bit. This weekend, not to thrilled about going through those two days that will be difficult. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 69 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $13.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
Well I have a lot planned this weekend especially for this occasion. The only thing is this will be the first weekend I will be smoke free, and there are a lot of triggers at home that might bite me hard. But I think I have a well laid out plan if those triggers really get to me. The good thing is, my car (after months) will finally get washed :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 69 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $13.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
Yeah Breaking, that is the whole reason I have scheduled time out to wash my car. See, the smell factor has always been muted simply because of the smoking hampering my smelling. This morning, after breaking the chains around my neck for 4 days, I get into my car to come to work and, well to quote you "YUK!". I could not believe the smell that I have discovered and when I turned on the air conditioning, well lets just leave it as I was more shocked than disgusted. I know my smell factor has not fully returned, but it has returned enough for me to smell the smoke on my cloths (making me re-wash them all) and the smell in my car. So, I will be washing everything from top to bottom, air freshener the carpet and wash the stink out of it. This will also test my ability to do this and see how out of breath i get compared to the last time I did this. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 70 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $13.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
Today I am rested. Last night I stopped by the drug store and picked myself up some Tylenol PM and slept like a baby for 9 hours. Have no idea how I so needed that sleep. The cravings are there, off and on, but today I have a lot of work to do, so I have buried myself in this work, music on in the background and so far the cravings that HAVE hit me were easily controlled by Cinnamon Hard Candy or popping a Commit Lozenge. It has gotten better today, and if it does hit me hard, I will definitely be back here. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 69 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $13.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
I just want to thank you all for your words of encouragement.... It helps me take a deep breath and step back and force myself to relax. Thank you all. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 53 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $9 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
Yeah....I think I am gonna get me a Pizza....been craving one for a couple of days.... At least that is one craving I can fulfill :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 53 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $9 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
Guys, I am clock watching, thinking....my body is wanting one.....going through the normal withdrawals right now and it is bad. Took a walk....did not good......willpower sucks but my butt is not moving from this chair....not at this moment in time. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 53 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $9 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
I have 2 sticks of cinnamon gum in my mouth now......it is not as bad as it was. It has passed enough to concentrate on other things to push it to the back of my mind. Another 7 days approx to go through this....not good. :( [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 53 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $9 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
My brain is saying yes, you are right.....my body is saying..."no way".... But one thing that I am realizing at least today with the lack (or inability to) sleep, the cravings, the body changes.... I posted before - willpower = 0..... After today and my determinations my willpower seems to be up to a 10.... I can do this, I WILL do this and I will survive this and live a better life. Why? My heart...my body...my wife.....I do this for me....only for me....the rest will benefit from my determination. I keep telling myself these things, I basically translate that into telling my body.....get lost......you did this to yourself, now you are going to get out of this yourself.. Hope this makes sense, the ramblings of a [b]non-smoker [/b] (man I love the sound of that) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 53 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $9 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
18 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I used Tylenol PM Someone on this site recommended melatonin (natural) and it works great no medicine hang overs [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 28 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 854 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $112 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
  • Quit Meter

$54,547.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5961 Hours: 1

Minutes: 46 Seconds: 2

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: