Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.760 posts in 47.060 threads.

160,783 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BMARCOS, KLIGO, LBUELA, RBORBON, ATIQUI

Going from Step 1 to Step 2 with the patch ... maybe ...

18 years ago 0 71 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have a question. I had a hard problem waking up and putting on that first patch. The last time i used them I started them after my coffee and cigeratte in the morning and put it on before lunch and was sucessfull for 2 weeks until i was called for jury duty and off came the patch and out came the cigeratte... So my question is how long after i have that last cigeratte can i apply the patch
  • Quit Meter

$363,728.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6531 Hours: 0

Minutes: 43 Seconds: 44

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
forgot my quit meter [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 19 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 586 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $76 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
  • Quit Meter

$54,559.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5962 Hours: 7

Minutes: 8 Seconds: 43

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Yesterday, my hubby and I went to Sam's Club to pick up another box of Step 1 21mg Patches because we were running out. We came home and put them away in the cabinet along with a box of Step 2's 14mg. This morning my husband was up and gone before I woke up. There was an open, empty box of Step 1 21mg patches left out. I knew that I had to open a new box to get my patch. I grabbed one of the boxes, not looking, grabbed a patch and put it on. The patch seemed kinda small, it was then that I realized I had opened the wrong box. So now I am wondering should I leave this Step 2 patch on or take it off and put a Step 1 back on. I am anxious to be free of the nicotine, but I am afraid of rushing it, but at the same time, what is the big deal if I am doing well with my quit mentally. Am I rationalizing because really deep down I want to go to the Step 2 now? I know the directions say to follow the plan as directed, which is what I had planned on doing. But now that I am in this process ... I don't think I 'need' the aid as much as I did on day one. I'm not afraid of the withdraws to take place. Is there anyone else here that used the patch and instead of doing 10 weeks, stepped downed faster? I think I am strong enough to do this. Worse case scenario is I put the 21mg patch back on, right?
  • Quit Meter

$54,559.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Thanks guys ... I needed to hear that I wasn't making a huge mistake from my fellow quitters if I took it off or stepped down faster. Well, I didn't 'need' to, but I 'wanted' to. I appreciate all the responses. I have had the Step 2 14mg patch on today. I have felt some withdraw, but I was expecting to. And honestly it has not been that big of a deal so far. I think nicodemon is starting to get the message that I can't stand him and that he is not welcome in my life anymore. One of the reasons I chose to use the patch was so I could step down slower instead of all at once because I figured that would help me with my behavior & patience with my children. They have already suffered enough because of my addiction. In light of wearing this Step 2 14mg patch today ... I don't think I need a 10 week step down period. I am sick of having a crutch. Smoke or patch ... I want nicotine out of my body ... so if I can keep my cool with my kids and step down faster ... I'm going to. I am with you Mira ... I totally believe it is mind over matter and I look forward to reading the book you suggested. I plan on picking it up soon! I appreciate the support & advice Joanne & Shevie. Thank you all so very much. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 19 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 589 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $76 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
  • Quit Meter

$54,559.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Good morning Mr. Ed [IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Daniwiz/hug.gif[/IMG], Good morning everyone [IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Daniwiz/banana-wave.gif[/IMG], I have joined the 'dream club' ... you know ... the folks that have had dreams about smoking. I dreamed I smoked 2 cigs and had to set my meter back today. I couldn't believe it. I had to ask my husband if I had smoked. He looked at me like I was nuts ... LOL. Thank goodness it was just a dream ... but man it seemed so real. WEIRD!!! On the 14mg patch today. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 613 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
  • Quit Meter

$54,559.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

It is 7:30pm here and I've had some anxious feelings, I've chewed a few more pieces of gum. That is the horror of it all. I'm laughing in Nicodemon's face. I'm doing this! It is so wonderful when we shock ourselves with our accomplishments! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 19 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 596 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $76 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
  • Quit Meter

$54,559.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Thanks guys! It is 3:52pm here and I am doing great. No real withdrawal symptons to really speak of. And mentally it is not bothering me either. I'm really excited about this. ... and the kids are still ALIVE! LOL [IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Daniwiz/18.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 19 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 591 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $76 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
  • Quit Meter

$54,559.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Minutes: 8 Seconds: 44

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Thanks Chickstarr! I will be part of the Alan Carr's book club soon ... I promise ... LOL [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 601 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
  • Quit Meter

$54,559.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

I do not have a professional opinion on the matter. But this is what I did: Once my last cigarette was smoked, I threw all things related to smoking away, I put my patch on. I have not bought or smoked a cig in 20 days and I do not ever plan on buying or smoking them ever again. Now I can't wait to get the patch off. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 616 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
  • Quit Meter

$54,559.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Hey Chickstarr ... I was wondering where you were today ... we missed ya! Anyhoot! ... You know it kind of feels like my first 3 days physically, but not mentally, because mentally I am stronger. It is annoying. The voice has come back again. I'm a little edgy. It pisses me off though ... because I do not want to go through this with each step down, ya know? I would love to just send the kids to my family for a week so I could just rip this patch off. If I trusted myself not to snap at them I would. I figure I'll go 2-5 more days on the 14mg, then step down to 7mg, see how that goes and hopefully be totally off the patch in 14 days. We'll see. Maybe I should just take it off. Worse case scenerio I have to put the patch back on. My oldest is 11. I could 'warn' him and if I get too edgy, he could watch the little ones until the patch kicks in?? I am so bargaining out loud with myself at the moment ... are you enjoying my ramble? LOL [IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Daniwiz/smiley_abzw.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 631 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $84 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
  • Quit Meter

$54,559.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: