Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.760 posts in 47.060 threads.

160,785 Members

Please welcome our newest members: mandie1991, AGAMBOA, BMARCOS, KLIGO, LBUELA

JDK Thread #6

16 years ago 0 1306 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'll push, you pull, OK? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 100 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $57.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
  • Quit Meter

$330,772.43

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6033 Hours: 14

Minutes: 34 Seconds: 23

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
there ya go, kev it's difficult, but it's simple read, post, breathe...and don't smoke for as long as it takes -aloha [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 118 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,720 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $802.40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 42
16 years ago 0 1113 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow! First of all, let me say WOO000HOO000! (yes, I have adopted this from the wonderful Unhooked). This is my last day of hell week. So today, for one day only I will look forwards, before I go back to concentrating on the day. Yes, I have got this far before (with the NRT method) and as Nance said, i didn't have it nailed as shortly after I killed my quit (which was very easy to do). I'd like to express a strong interest in making it to Heck Week this time around, I hope to make it. I am sure there will be wobbles on the way, but each will help me add to the Survival Guide improvements. Quote : 'You see, I had been doing every day what I was so worried about not being able to do!' Thats me to a tee that is. Theres a lot of observation skills going on here. I wonder when I will actually think 'I am a non/ex-smoker'. I guess the completion of week 3 (ug week). Back to doing the now-thinking. Right, I promise to all my friends here at the SSC and to my quit buddy (Lynda) that I WILL NOT SMOKE today. Breathe deep, post, and read. - Repeat :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 6 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 150 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �25.20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
alli've got to say is... [color=Red]WOO HOO!!!!!!![/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 117 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,680 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $795.60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
16 years ago 0 1040 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Unhooked, you're a pretty cool lady. And you're absolutely right. We can get freaked out by how tough it could be to stay quit, when we've been doing that very thing... proving to ourselves that we CAN do it! Great perspective! :) And it sounds like it was hard-earned...so...good for you, ma'am! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 133 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,325 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,230.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 4
16 years ago 0 1356 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
to quote Unhooked [b]You see, I had been doing every day what I was so worried about not being able to do! [/b] I love this Unhooked. These are powerful words. Didja read that Kev? You ARE doing it!! Isn't that a huge relief? Celebrate yourself - WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! quoting unhooked again ;p Sue [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 75 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 750 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $131.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
16 years ago 0 3541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kev, you have made it further than this before & you can again. Maybe don't try logic against the junkie thoughts, because they aren't logical. They are sneaky and evil and they will find a way to look logical because they want you to give in at any cost. DON'T DO IT. Aloha is right, when you have a junkie thought, recognize that it is one & then have a bigger, louder, non-smoking thought. Also, try shouting WOOHOO!! You know, Kev, a long time ago, when my ex left me with 2 toddlers in diapers & I was none too emotionally stable on my best day, I worried a lot about how I was going to do it on my own. I worried constantly, all day, every day, thinking. "How am I going to raise these kids? How will I keep my job? No, I need to get a better job, how will I do that? How will I pay all the bills & feed us all?" & on & on. I drove myself to distraction & nearly to a mental breakdown until one day my sister said, "Well, what have you been doing up till now?" You see, I had been doing every day what I was so worried about not being able to do! So are you, Kev, you are 5 days a non-smoker. You ARE DOING THE HARD THING!! Right now, as you read this , you're doing it & you will be doing it every minute that you don't smoke. Keep this one, Kev, I know you can. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 65 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,300 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $715.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
Yes, kev, they all help...that's why we are here...lol You know that old thread..Junkie Thinking: A Survival Guide? Maybe you could print that out and keep it with you. Also maybe you could add some of your own. What the Junkie Thought is, and What your healthier response is to it. -aloha [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 117 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,680 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $795.60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 16 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
16 years ago 0 1113 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Nance & Aloha, thanks! I am getting back to the positive side, pulled back from the edge again. Thanks to you. I get a little further down the track. I am determinded to complete hell week. I really wish I didn't wobble so much! I'll do some self analysis on that and may post them. Its a case of dispelling my junkie feelings in a logical fashion I think. Deep breathing, reading posts and writing are helping so I am doing them all. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 125 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �21.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
16 years ago 0 969 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kevin, Keep holding on...I have your hand and I am pulling you up here with all of my strength, so don't let go now. Cravings will turn into "wants" and eventually into "thoughts" until they dissipate into oblivion, except for the stray one that pops up occasionally just to let you know how far you have come. Use your skills (and your hammer)...you are doing it, my friend. Nance [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 153 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,590 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $742.05 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14

Reading this thread: