Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,478 Members

Please welcome our newest members: DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE, kathleencabralmd, TestingDHA, JVICTORINO

Quitting tomorrow

5 years ago 0 93 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations!!!  Doesn't it feel great to be smoke free for over a month now. YOU have to be so proud of yourself for making such a great milestone. Keep on quitting, your doing great!!
  • Quit Meter

$16,039.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 367 Hours: 18

Minutes: 2 Seconds: 1

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

5 years ago 0 796 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Can you believe it......Sparrow has been smoke free for a whole month now!!!!!!!! BIG milestone.  Awesome job Sparrow, keep the quit going. 
Stay strong.

Not One Puff Ever

• Quit Meter

$23,153.35

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 770 Hours: 13

Minutes: 6 Seconds: 3

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

5 years ago 0 180 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I think it's quite normal to feel a sense of loss.  I went through an actual period of grief over my addictions once I entered recovery, and I definitely felt a sense of loss in the early weeks of my quit.  My whole being wanted to reach out for *something* and yet there was nothing there anymore.  I ate more sweets than was good for me as a replacement, but that didn't make me feel "good" the way smoking did.  It was honestly just something I had to wait out.  It started like you said, with simply thinking of smoking less and less frequently. And then I missed it less and less frequently.  And the emotions around it got less and less meaningful. Eventually, most of my smoking-related thoughts and feelings simply stopped coming at all, and my moods and sense of self stabilized (or got better).  Nature abhors a vacuum, and something else will fill up that brain and heart space that you have reserved for smoking for so long. 
5 years ago 0 175 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thankyou so much Tim and Stella.....yes lm feeling more confidence as l think about smoking less and less and l was sooo happy the other morning when it really hit me that lm doing what l recently thought was impossible. However my mood in general is a bit low. Sometimes l feel a sadness, a longing for, like lm still missing something important. I feel a little depressed about it. My day is just not the same without smoking. I miss having an answer for all my problems and boredom. I miss the soothing feeling it gave me and how there was always something to look forward to shortly. Smoking was like a reward to look forward to afetre everything l did....nothing else makes me feel that way.
The good news is lm not thinking about smoking as much....l just feel the loss of something vital to my day. I dont know if l'll ever truly get over smoking.
I know this is a far cry from my bout of ecstacy but its the emotional roller-coaster of my quit. 

• Quit Meter

$13,800.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 100 Hours: 21

Minutes: 25 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

There is some real excitement building in your posts - you're making that transition from "I don't know" to "I think I can!" and feeling the joy of it.  I'm so, so, SO happy for you.  You didn't give up, you kept trying, and now look at you.  The one-month mark is in your sights!
5 years ago 0 796 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Sparrow,
  "l walked past a smoker and l didnt even register that he was smoking." YES, the brain reprogramming is starting to take hold! Its good to hear that you are feeling ecstatic about it too, you have every right to. 
 How is the spray replacement with the mints working out for you?
Stay strong.

Not One Puff Ever

• Quit Meter

$23,153.35

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 770 Hours: 13

Minutes: 6 Seconds: 3

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Thanks Pappy. Im well aware that lm not out of the woods yet. The wrong set of circumstances could bring me undone and l dont feel safe to travel yet.  Im not sure if there is anything more l can consciously do or if its just a matter of healing with time. Im happy for you too!! Its a great feeling to be freeing yourself of something that controlled you for so long.
  • Quit Meter

$13,800.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

5 years ago 0 93 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Way to go Sparrow. It does feel great to be breaking that chain that held us down for so long. Sounds like you are doing great, keep up the good work. 
  • Quit Meter

$16,039.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 367 Hours: 18

Minutes: 2 Seconds: 1

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Day 24
I just feel like shouting from the rooftops "I DONT SMOKE ANYMORRRRRE!!!!"
Im feeling so ecstatic about it this morning.
A couple of days ago l walked past a smoker and l didnt even register that he was smoking. It wasnt the usual 'ohhh hes smoking, ohhh the smell, ld love one right now'....nothing. Only later on l thought to myself...that guy was smoking and it barely registered. Thats a breakthrough for me.
Im at the point that l dont think of smoking often but when l do l still think it would be kind of nice to have one. I hope l get past that. Theres also the little matter of being addicted to the nicotine spray. I dont think its the nicotine lm addicted to because its a very small amount. It feels more like the habit of spraying it in my mouth thats got me. Today lm going to substitute every second spray with a mint....see how that goes.
But still "I DONT SMOKE ANYMORRRRE"......ahhhh...feels good  
  • Quit Meter

$13,800.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Week three, how incredible.  I know you want to ditch the spray, but go smart and easy with it.  I love the idea of alternating with the mints (I ate bags and bags of Scotch mints during my quit attempts!) as a way to taper down with it.  

Reading this thread: