Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,525 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA

I made a decision to stop smoking today

10 years ago 0 23 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome!

Day 1 - 3 is always hard to get through but being on day 9 myself, I can honestly say it is worth the battle with your mind and the habit to not smoke ever again, not even just a drag. I smoked for 12 years and decided that I no longer wanted to be a smoker. I did some research, found this site, started going through the program (a  must) and posting on these forums. It really has been a lifesaver for me. My husband, although supportive, doesn't understand so this site is a great motivator for me, being able to talk to and read from fellow non-smokers.

Keep up the great work! Believe in yourself! You can do this!
10 years ago 0 618 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear daisyfi,

It is one of the most important, life-changing decisions you will ever make!  Congratulations!

Like Cheryl, I smoked for 40 years and I have known Freedom for 8+ years.

How are you doing?  Please do stay here on site as much as you can.  Read lots and post!

Whatever it takes, just don't smoke!!! 

Love Lolly.    
10 years ago 0 534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You have chosen a great place to come for support. As some one who smoked for close to 40 years and has now been free for more than 8 years, I just want to assure you that it is possible.  And there does come a time when you actually forget about cigarettes for weeks at a time. Pamper yourself, but keep busy. Drink lots of water and start getting some exercise.  You will be surprised how much extra time you have on your hands now.  Cheryl
                                                                                                                                                                          No Joking, Not Smoking!
10 years ago 0 1140 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations on your decision to quit, daisyfi. I hear that Champix makes quitting a whole lot easier for some folks. So here's to you having a smooth quitting experience. 
  • Quit Meter

$22,546.70

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 602 Hours: 17

Minutes: 51 Seconds: 25

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

10 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Daisy, Welcome

It great to have you on board with us. Congrats on your decision to quit smoking. Good to see your thread and that your letting your body rest today as you adjust..
Keep doing what your doing. You've got a great quit going....

Red..
10 years ago 0 152 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Welcome Daisyfi!  You will find this site quite helpful during the quit process, both for knowledge and support.

Congrats on your quit!!!!  You Can do it!!!!  

Carol

10 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sounds like a perfect day to let your body relax and heal.

Glad you found us too. Looking forward to sharing this journey with you.

Ashley, Health Educator
10 years ago 0 22 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi

Just having a quiet day,  its raining so relaxing by the fire.  I'm still learning my way around this site so was not sure where I was meant to write first Haha

its great to be part of this site

Thanks 
10 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Daisyfi,

I already replied to you in another thread but I can welcome you here too

How is today going for you?

Ashley, Health Educator
10 years ago 0 22 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi I started Champix on the 11/8/13 and said my quite date was today.  I haven't had a smoke yet.  its great to read other peoples stories Thanks.

Reading this thread: