Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,525 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA

I made a decision to stop smoking today

10 years ago 0 816 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Daisyfi  Pick yourself up , dust yourself off and get back up on the horse. You know now that you can't drink until you're stronger in your quit. You made it through the 2 hardest weeks so you know that you can do it again. Some of us have to learn the hard way  , myself being no exception. There is a man on this site of whom I have great respect. He kept relapsing but he also kept trying to stop. He finally managed to stop and has been stopped for well over a year now. He never stopped trying and that's a recipe for success. We don't beat people up here because we know that they can do a good enough job of that themselves. We're here to help you up and tell you that all is not lost. Today is a new day to start fresh. It's up to you whether you make it a slip or a full blown relapse. Crave recovery more than you want to smoke and you'll be successful. Don't leave until the miracle happens. breather
10 years ago 0 22 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm sad to say that I smoked on 1/9/13 but have not smoked today,  I really want to give up,  I was drinking wine and had been craving for the last few days :(
10 years ago 0 60 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi daisy!  congrats on your 12th day!  keep your quit!  
NOPE  
10 years ago 0 152 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Good for you Daisy!!!!  There will be obstacles (boy do I know!) but we can do this!!!!
N.O.P.E. is our watch word.

Carol

Thanks Carol,  I'm on my 11th day today and have struggled this week but did not smoke.

Congrats Daisyfi!  You made it through Hell Week!!!  I'm excited for you :)  Isn't being a non-smoker wonderful????

Carol

Thank you Carol and Sara,  I am on day 7 today,  Champix seems to help a lot because I am not get super bad cravings like when I have tried to give up cold turkey.  I am excited to be a non smoker :)

Good for you Daisy!!!  Day 3 is a big landmark, You Can do it!  Hold on to that excitement of being a non-smoker it will see you through the rough times!
So Happy for you :)

Carol

10 years ago 0 23 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats Daisyfi for making the choice to be a non-smoker and congrats on making it to day 3. Keep up the great work. Although it is not easy at first it does get better. I am just on day 11 and let me tell you, I feel so much better already. I still have cravings and habit thoughts pop into my head, but as the days progress they get less frequent and less intense.

Keep reminding yourself that you will not smoke today. Take it one day at a time. Good luck!

Sarah
Thank you all for your support and encouragement,  it has taken me two days to stop smoking on the day said I quite my husband came home from work and went out for a smoke I was ok at first but when he went out the third time I had a few puffs :( and then the next morning I had a few puffs but then ran out of smokes :)  I am now on my 3rd day of being smoke free yay.  I have to keep reminding myself of the reasons I am a non smoker but am excited to be one.  Its not easy sometimes but I really do not want to go back to smoking.

Reading this thread: