Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

I will quit

13 years ago 0 618 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear Rollingstone,

I'm glad you have found the SSC.  Here you will be offered all the help you need to help you to quit and probably succeed!

I smoked for 40 years and have now been quit nearly 6 years thanks to SSC.  Try to follow the advice given and stay strong!

Whatever it takes.....just don't smoke!

Lolly.  
13 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome, you have found one to the best sites around.  Learn from the past and move forward.  I am a repeater, but have always remained firm in the thought of quitting for good.  So far so good, after all we all get one day at a time, so focus on staying smoke free just for the day.  Craves come, but they do go away.  Thoughts drive me crazy so I fight the committee that live in my mind all the time.  So join us and let us get quit for good.

Keep the Quit
Sparky
13 years ago 0 1843 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Rollingstone, welcome to the SSC and congratulations on your decision to quit smoking!  Just remember that the Wright Brother's first plane didn't fly.  It took many tries to get it up in the air!  But they never gave up!  Take what you've learned from your prior quits and apply it to this one!  You have a good plan started!  Post as often as you need, if only to rant and rave!  Somebody is always close by!  Be sure to treat yourself like royalty, and make sure you reward yourself.  A small reward for each passed craving.  A medium reward for each smoke free day, and a larger reward for each smoke free week!  We're all rooting that this will be your final quit!
13 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Rollingstone!

It sounds like you have a great plan and you are prepared.  Keep reading in the forums, posting and reading over the program.  The more you know the better off you will be.

Please try not to let your past quit attempts affect your confidence or resolve.  Many members have tried quitting multiple times, not only is this normal, it is also simply part of the process.  Quitting is a long journey and takes a lot of learning and time.  What do you think you learned from your past quit attempts?

I look forward to reading more from you!

Ashley, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 14 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This will be my third serious quit attempt and is my first time being a part of this community. I can count the number of days I lasted in previous attempts on both hands. My quit date is the afternoon of 10/22/2010, right before the weekend so that I may spend the first couple days of withdrawals away from work. Tech support for the iPhone is tedious enough as it is.
I am tired of being a smoker. Recently I gathered up a large number of empty packs that I had neglected to throw away and saw that I had spent hundreds of dollars on nothing. I want my lungs back. I want to be healthy. Going through the preparation steps gave me some ideas for small steps that I will be taking until I quit for good.

-delaying the first smoke until my morning break (about three hours after waking)
-reducing the number of smokes smoked at lunch from two to one
-delaying each smoke smoked at home by fifteen minutes after the craving strikes
-visualizing myself as a non-smoker

I will be on and off this website every day until I am 100% smober. Feel free to keep in contact and let me know if you need a quit-buddy or would like to be mine. Crying is not my style but I promise you I would bawl my eyes out if, through my efforts, my father would finally make the decision to quit. Thank you all for being here.

rollingstone 

Reading this thread: