Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,534 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

Heck week has started for this newbie

15 years ago 0 53 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Way to go!  You give me hope for my quit now!  My partner still smokes and it drives me crazy.  I try to keep my car smoke free, but the window goes down with - "I'll be quick". Drives me crazy.  The home has managed to stay smoke free.  And I'm still smoke free.  Other then the car, I'm not exposed except at work.  But in Ohio, there is a ban on smoking inside public places and businesses and organizations have to have designated smoking areas.  So I'm able to avoid it at work.  Smoking huts are becoming the craze!

Congrats on your success and keep going! If you keep your quit, your wife will jump back on!

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/3/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 14
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 168
Amount Saved: $33.60
Life Gained:
Days: 1 Hrs: 3 Mins: 48 Seconds: 34

15 years ago 0 763 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations mta!  Three months free from cigarettes is nothing to sneeze at.  In fact, its downright fantastic.  I'm sure your wife will come around.  It took me quite a few times stopping and starting again.  She'll beat the demon in her own time.  In the mean time you're being a great role model.
Keep up the great work,

Cheers,  Jan

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/27/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 107
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 2,675
Amount Saved: $882.75
Life Gained:
Days: 12 Hrs: 4 Mins: 28 Seconds: 8

16 years ago 0 1209 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
MTA cngrats on the 40 days. GREAT to hear, and glad you are enjoying your days so much more. Yes you are so Right.. you have to do it for yourself first... the others are a bonus.. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/10/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 36 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 612 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $122.40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
16 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
mta, 40 smoke free days is indeed pretty cool!!!! Your doing extremely well, and seem to have a good handle on your quit. Hell and heck week are in your past now. Come to think of it, so is blah week. Its been a while since I've woken up "feeling like crap" as well. Its a nice feeling. Congrats on your quit, and keep on keepin' on!!!! Cheers, Jan :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/27/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 50 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,250 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $425.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
16 years ago 0 1890 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
MTA! You're one of those hermetically silent guys who fights it out in the cave on the mountain and then runs down the hill finally when you've figured it out to spread the news that IT CAN BE DONE!!! Well done and congratulations... stay vigilant and aware of what needs to be done, MTA, and you and your wife will enjoy many more nights out in PA wining and dining! patrick [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/18/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 59 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,475 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $663.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
16 years ago 0 1288 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats mta, 40 days is amazing! You've made a great point, it's so important to quit for yourself, you have to want it! Keep up the great work! Sylvie, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Way to go, MTA!!! Hope the wife is cruising right along with you!!! 40 days is WAY COOL!!! Keep fighting that demon!!! Jim [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 300 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $49.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
  • Quit Meter

$44,295.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1060 Hours: 4

Minutes: 35 Seconds: 53

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You are so very right, you have to quit for yourself!! For me it never worked until I could let go and do this for me and no one else. Congrats on 40 days. Keep the Quit Sparky [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/30/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 322 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,220 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $966.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 45 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28
16 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well here it is the 40th day and yes....I'm still 100% smoke free and, I am amazed. I've been smoking since I was 16 years old...and have been smoking between 1 and 2 packs a day for the last 20 years at least. I had tried the patch, the gum and the lozenges and although they sort of helped, I was never able to succeed. Even when I was using those items, I still "cheated". This is the first time I've ever gone 100% cold turkey. The first 3-4 days were really difficult....day 2 I was in a literal fog. Day 3 and 4 I was a real B___ch....ask my wife. Each day got a little easier to cope.....again...not without cravings, but I was able to talk myself down during each craving. I had mentioned that my wife and I eat out at least 3 days a week, but more like 5. We also like to have cocktails after work a couple of days a week. At first I stayed clear of any smoking restaurants or bars, but now I'm even able to handle the smoke around me. (We're from PA..you can still smoke in many of our bars and restaurants). Sorry...I'm rambling......I'll just say this....to anyone out there who is in the process of stopping or thinking about stopping. I'm quitting because I want to quit. I'm quitting because there are too many days where I've smoked too much and the next day I feel like crap. I haven't had a "feel like crap day" for over a month now (the first few days were terrible...but they're past). The cravings.....you get past them simply by telling yourself that you need to get past them and believing in yourself. My clothing doesn't smell like smoke anymore....my car smells great. I DO have more energy and I get much more done around the house and at work.....and my wife and I are "enjoying" each other even more than we had in the past. I've heard others say to do it for your family, or your children, or your grandchildren or to live longer..........I say...do it for yourself so that you'll feel better...period....all the other reasons are simply an added benefit. Anyway....40 days........that's pretty cool....at least I think so.
16 years ago 0 149 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
way to go on you're 8 days [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/6/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 144 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $48.96 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 44 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7

Reading this thread: