Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Sorry for not introducing myself properly

16 years ago 0 222 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I�m doing grand thank you Gen, You are doing very well yourself, almost a year that�s a huge achievement well done. Only hope I can keep my quit, I do still feel the loss at times and I find I still have a lot of old habits to deal with. am trying real hard to stay with it. Who knows what a year will bring. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/2/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 43 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,290 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �470.85 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
16 years ago 0 1056 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Lillyput, I'm a bit late in greeting you but welcome to the site. The reason I am still not smoking at something nearing a year is the support I have received from the people on here. That little device at the bottom of our posts which counts up the days was a huge motivation to me at the beginning. I do understand that feeling of loss but believe me, it does soon turn in to one of gladness to be out of the grips of the addiction. Hope you're OK today. Gen [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 323 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,168 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1,615.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 44 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
16 years ago 0 2534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi lilly, Just bumping this thread in case you didn't see my message. Best Wishes Penitent d1366 :)
  • Quit Meter

$56,804.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1125 Hours: 3

Minutes: 43 Seconds: 10

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 2534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi lilly, Congratulations on 40 days! All the Best Penitent d1364 :) PS Are you a "Secretery" or a "Secretary" :p
  • Quit Meter

$56,804.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1125 Hours: 3

Minutes: 43 Seconds: 10

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Those 40 days look awesome on you :p I to quit with chantix. I had tried many ways to quit and this seem to work. The one thing though I have learned is I can though this quit away anytime if I choose to. I stay close to the site and stay close to my commitment to stay smoke free for today. You are right there are days of sadness. But then you think, how silly is it to be sad about something that was killing us. I quickly change my thoughts to of happy times. You are doing just fine. Keep the Quit Sparky [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/30/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 287 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,870 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $861.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 40 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
16 years ago 0 1890 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Lilly Hold that thought to your chest like a gold bar that dropped off the back of an armoured car..."but you know what I never want to go back". The walking is great (I can't with the arthritis. I hiked all over the Wicklow hills when I was a teenager... best days!) and the meditation is better --- in fact, imagine doing both at once and you have the ideal! Patrick [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/18/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 600 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $270.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
Thank's Patrick, Just like you I am taking Champix, You are right they seem to take the edge off, I am not narkey at all it's just the cravings with me but I am taking all the good advice drinking lots of water chewing the gum and I find meditation very good, also I am walking a lot. Sometimes I feel sad it's like I have had a great loss, I suppose having smoked for close on 40 years and then quiting would make you feel like your missing something but you know what I never want to go back. and yes I hope to get my home computer soon and then I'll never be done talking to all of you. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/2/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 40 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,200 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �438.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
16 years ago 0 1890 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Howayeh, Lillyput? Well done on the 40 days... How was the weekend for you? What do you do when you have cravings and how have your sleep habits been affected? Are you doing this on some kind of nicotine replacement like the gum or the patch, or are you doing it cold turkey?? See how quickly your money piles up!? Soon you can afford to buy a computer for home and talk to us in here whenever you like on the weekends... Keep up the good work Padraig - beannacht De ort [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/18/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 600 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $270.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
Thank's All, Don't know what I would without the support. I tried to quit so many times before and just couldn't cope, quitting can be a very lonely time and you don't want to tell too many people that your quitting because you are afried you might be put under too much pressure, and it a case of what if I can't do it. I found that in the past, you know how it is especially with people who never smoked they don't know what the addiction is really like and so it's very hard for them to understand. The other side of it is your fellow smokers just like you want to give up and are scared and tell you thinks like Ho! I love my smoke and all the stupit things you told your own self for years. So you keep your mouth shut and go it alone. This is why I love this site it's just greate to have all the support and advice from people who know what it's all about trying to quit so thank you all for being there. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/2/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 40 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,200 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �438.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
16 years ago 0 1093 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Shameful, really. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 169 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,070 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $988.65 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15

Reading this thread: