Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

My quit date

16 years ago 0 3541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Terry, if you're hungry, eat. If you're angry, yell or cry or break something or confront the thing that's making you angry. If you're lonely, connect with somebody. If you're tired, sleep. None of those things is calmed by smoking, not one. Give yourself what you need, do not give the junkie what she needs. You're in charge now & it really is a wonderful way to be. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 263 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,260 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,893.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 27 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
16 years ago 0 447 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Home from the Hospital again tonight and that's my plan. Need to relax and eat. That hungry, angry, lonely and tired thing is nipping at my heels. Still planning the Saturday quit. Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement. Terry
16 years ago 0 1356 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
really pamper yourself a bit. Praying with you Terry. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 273 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,730 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $477.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 26 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
16 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Terry Take care of yourself...a warm bath or long shower, curl up in bed. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 315 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 12,600 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,142.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 44 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
Emotionally Exhausted and smoking more today. Crap!
16 years ago 0 1288 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Terry, So sorry to hear that you're going through such a hard time. Keep strong and fight through it! Sylvie, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 3541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm so sorry you & your son are going through this hard time, Terry. I do think it's a great time to quit, though, because you can really see and prove to yourself that smoking didn't ever actually help you with a stressful time. It's your own strength and love and will that will get you & your son to the other side of this awful time, not smoking. Welcome, Terry. I hope you find some strength and hope here. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 262 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,240 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,882.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 26 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
I was thinking that very same thing on the drive home from the hospital tonight.
16 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
How about dedicating your quit to Shane? Live those extra days for the ones he won't be able to. A heartfelt hug to you, Jeremy, and everyone else who loves Shane. What a difficult experience to go through. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 314 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 12,560 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,135.20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 44 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
So I've smoked I think about 8 today. Jeremy's friend Shane is on his last days in the hospital dying of leukemia. Jeremy is my son and Shane is his best friend since they were 8. They are now 18 and 19. I am so sad and stressed. I expected I would smoke more, but you know what? I have been mindful of it even today. I'm taking whatever comes and still planning this quit on Saturday. We don't know what tonight or tomorrow holds for Shane and it is devastating. Thoughts and comments please, because I have to do what I have to do no matter what life brings or takes away. Terry :mad:

Reading this thread: