Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,520 Members

Please welcome our newest members: FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12

1st day of smelling good

16 years ago 0 1148 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Awesome job Cvdeb!!! The dreams lighten up but I still get them from time to time. I guess the theme is determined by your circumstances, I'm thoroughly entertained most often by mine. It's the dreams where I go back to smoking that I find alarmimg because I'm against the idea and don't seem to have control over it in my dreams (that is how I know they're dreams when there). When I first had these dreams they disturbed me, I woke upset and sometimes angry. Now, not so much. Hang in there!! You're doing great! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 248 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,960 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,041.60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 40 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
16 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Glad to hear it, Deb..or should I call you Little Miss Sunshine? ;) OK, Going to look for that thread right now..it's called Free and Low Cost Rewards [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 241 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,640 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,638.80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 33 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
16 years ago 0 22 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good for you Deb!! Stay with it! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] -14 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] -560 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $-112.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] -103594
  • Quit Meter

$181,648.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6251 Hours: 3

Minutes: 26 Seconds: 53

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 375 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good Morning!! Thanks so much Jodi and Alohakeia, I'm feeling lots better this morning. Posting (and reading) helped a lot last night. Alohakeia-- I'm not taking Chantix... I'm sure this bad dream thing will pass. The nightmares were not quite as bad last night, and I didn't wake up as often. I would LOVE to see the low cost rewards, and I bet other people would love to see that as well. Have to work again today...... Then I plan on some (no calorie) :) reward. Thanks to you both-- glad you were online last night [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]11/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 288 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $84.24 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
16 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Deb, I cant remember...are u taking chantix? seems like people dream especially much on that. ok, so you know that it is important for you to post here every day and to reward yourself. So, since this is probably THE most important undertaking you've, well, undertaken, in a while, how about doing those things you have figured out are important to succeed at it? i love hearing how you're doing every day. also, if you need ideas for how to reward yourself with very little money, i'll bump up a great thread on that. No matter what, know that you are doing very very well. The emotional roller coaster is all part of it. Some people go through it early on, some later, and only the very lucky few seem to stay on an even plane throughout. You're gonna get through this and you're going to feel so so proud of yourself..and have a bunch of new friends besides {hug} See ya tomorrow? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 241 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,640 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,638.80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 33 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
16 years ago 0 317 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Deb! Way to hang tough there girl! I also went through being angry and snippy with my family at about two weeks into my quit. I felt like the Wicked Witch of the West at times. Believe me, it gets way better soon! You have been working so hard. Be sure to reward yourself, you deserve it! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]10/15/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 33 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 660 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $165.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
16 years ago 0 375 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you! I am not gonna lie-- or try and sugar coat this-- I have had a (*&%^$^&(* day. I am usually very positive, but today was the roughest day I've had since I've quit. I wanted to smoke in the worst possible way today, which was upsetting because the cravings have really been almost nonexistent. I know I shouldn't be surprised, but I was. Another fact, I've been working 12 hours days everyday without rewarding myself at all-- so I see where I have set myself up. And here's something else I wonder if anyone else has gone through.... At first all I could do was sleep, and now I'm praying for one night of full sleep. I'm having the worst nightmares every single night, and I rarely have bad dreams. I'm dreaming that I'm getting killed in every horrible way possible (I'm sure it's symbolic of quitting and that part of me "dying", but seriously, I'm over it). Humbug, growl. I know another mistake I was making and that was being too tired to post everyday. Posting (as I have mentioned from the beginning), seems to be key for me to staying quit. So-- on a positive note-- I didn't smoke. I'm just mad and grouchy and tired. But I'm doing what I need to do and that is making sure that I am keeping in touch everday. So there you have it. Thanks for listening deb [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]11/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 264 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $77.22 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
16 years ago 0 177 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats Deb - sounds like you are on a roll! Here, forget that popsicle stick for a minute and let me hand you the oh so special orange sucker. I only break those out for newbies! Remember the water and breathe deeply - it truly helps! Hope to see you around! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 90 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,800 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $405.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
16 years ago 0 695 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sorry I missed you first post.. Hope all is going well. This site is wonderful and I would not have a successful quit otherwise..... I am glad that we both found this place!!! Lot's of luck & keep that positive attitude. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 82 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,640 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $246.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 46 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
16 years ago 0 70 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Keep up the good work! You can do it!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 321 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,815 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,284.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 29 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
  • Quit Meter

$72,659.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5955 Hours: 7

Minutes: 23 Seconds: 52

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: