Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Just Stopped

16 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi david, this is my third time quitting, too. i only lasted about 8 weeks last time (i started smoking again when i stopped using patches)! this time, i only used patches for two weeks, to get over the nicotine addiction faster. i really think it is better this time around. i got over the serious withdrawal symptoms more quickly, instead of dragging them out over the course of two months. just remember that YOU WILL FEEL BETTER SOON! good luck! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/23/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 37 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 444 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $133.20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
16 years ago 0 319 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey David, You came to the right place, If You can't do it on here, I doubt if You will, because the support and encouragement is right here, They always say to grit Your teeth, and get the eye of the tiger, but just stay very, very, close to this website, If these people on here from around the world don't give You that Motivation, then Your in trouble, A Person from England said to me!! 'Come on John, You can do it, follow me, and I never looked back, ''When the going get's tough, The tough get going,'' Just do what works for You, I used a milk shake straw for a passifier, it still works today, along with excercise, and healthy foods, Smokless In Oklahoma, :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/10/2003 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1633 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 48,990 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $6,989.24 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 381 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
  • Quit Meter

$26,824.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 883 Hours: 6

Minutes: 12 Seconds: 21

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 1093 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi David! Water and exercise are helping me A LOT! If I have an urge to smoke I drink cold water. Everyone will tell you that and, I don't know why, but it makes the world of difference. I also try to go to the gym (rec center) everyday. If nothing else, it's 2 hours of distraction that I don't have to fight an urge. In my car, I suck on cinnamon candy. At home, I spend a bunch of time reading through this site and reminding myself why I don't want to smoke, how I've already made it through the hardest part and how I never want to go through day one again. No one wants to day one again, right? Most of all... I believe it is Mind Over Matter! I really do. Good luck![i]Text[/i] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 120 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $23.40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
16 years ago 0 695 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
David, Good Luck!! GREAT decision. I quit Sunday... Yea I am using the patch and zyban. Staying busy seems to be working for me!!Healthy snacks.. I ate an entire bag of min. carrots yesterday. Read and post also helps! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 80 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $12.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
16 years ago 0 37 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks so much for the tips but also the reply and encouragments, which are / feel even better and helful... ! let's stay all in touch through this long journey. Take care David [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/26/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 60 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $180.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
  • Quit Meter

$365,700.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 993 Hours: 5

Minutes: 23 Seconds: 30

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 579 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi David, Congratulations on finding this site! Quitting is hard enough without going through everything alone. There are loads of resources on this site to help you understand about what triggers our desire to smoke both physically and mentally. Knowledge is a good thing to have on your side. The second part of this site is seeing everyone struggle (like you are doing now - and I stress this is TOTALLY normal!), and then come through the other side. I wish there were an easier way.....I mean if we could bottle it, it would make our fortunes. :) The first week is pretty hellish - just do whatever you have to (apart from smoke, of course). Even with the gum, you are reducing your nicotene intake, so you get withdrawal symptoms. Everytime you start thinking about cracking : 1) Delay - Delay any decision to crack by at least 10 minutes 2) Distraction - Create a distraction - go for a walk, brush your teeth, get a glass of water etc. etc. You will find that the 'moment' will pass. You have to fight each one at a time. The first week is the hardest. Look around the site, and read all the messages going on here. We are here to help. Lizzie :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/23/2003 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1589 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 23,835 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �5,958.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 158 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 16 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
  • Quit Meter

$8,854.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 783 Hours: 11

Minutes: 14 Seconds: 45

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 65 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
What I did was doing a lot of relaxation, talking to myself. I spent 3 days pretending that I was sick, and hospitalize. Realizing that I Stay at home, and not really sick makes me feel grateful, and pass the days easier than I have to fight the fact. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/8/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 672 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $44.76 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
16 years ago 0 37 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi there, Just stopped on Monday. This is hard ! Third time though so time must be the one! Using gum and chewing like mad. There must be a better way. Any advise? Cheers [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/27/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 40 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $120.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
  • Quit Meter

$365,700.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 993 Hours: 5

Minutes: 23 Seconds: 30

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: