Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.760 posts in 47.060 threads.

160,788 Members

Please welcome our newest members: mandie1991, AGAMBOA, BMARCOS, KLIGO, LBUELA

2nd day

17 years ago 0 28 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats on quitting the most stinky nasty awful habit a human being could ever have. Please stick with it because the longer you aren't breathing poisonous tar filled smoke the more benifits you will notice. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 104 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,183 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $676 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 12 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
17 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Rachelmd and George! You have found the best place to be when quitting! We are all here to help you. Read all you can for there is such a wealth of helpful information here. Congratulations on being pregnant Rachelmd, little ones are the joy of our lives! Smoking is not an option! NOPE :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 40 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,013 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $422 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
17 years ago 0 3207 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
rachel and George Good decisions!!!!! I found this site a few days into my quit, and it helped...and still does..immensely. For the first week or two I used it as a replacement for a cig....and since I smoked a lot..I was reading and posting a lot!!!!! It worked!!!! I highly recommend doing the same. Also, as Tutti said, drink lots of water. Poor rachel..like she doesnt have to pee enough..lol. Also, give yourself permission to rest, pamper yourself, give yourself little treats, and keep telling yourself what an awesome thing you are doing for yourself. George: that's my hardest time of day too. I usually come on here and read and post for a while, then catch up on the news later. I also have a few bites of nonfattening food to reward myself for not smoking. When the crave lasts a while, I walk around, saying something like, "I want a smoke, but I don't really want a smoke. You know why? Because I am a NON SMOKER!" The last said LOUD!...lol The craves pass eventually....promise! Keep up the good work George!!! And we will be here Rachel. You can do it!!! -aloha [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/22/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 918 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $149.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Rachel & George to the SSC and congrats on your upcoming and recent quit! Rachel, You've gotten some great advice from your fellow members. The workbook is a great tool that will teach you what you need to know about quitting and help you prepare for your cold turkey quit. It may seem daunting to go at it with no help but many here have done it successfully. We will help you every step of the way so don't hesistate to ask questions. George, Congratulations on day 2! Keep those distractions at the ready! It's time to find a replacement for that cigarette. You may also want to consider making small changes in your evening routine to get over this hump. Ex: Doing the dishes while listening to the news. Imallclear, Unfortunately, I'm limited in my powers :) I can't split up the thread. Sorry. Keep us posted! Danielle _____________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear moderators: Can we get this thread straightend out? Thank you. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 105 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,058 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $525 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Rachel, Welcome and Congratulations on your pregnancy and on your decision to quit. We're so happy to have you here with us. There are so many wonderful people on this site and you CAN quit. We're all here to help. Work the workbook over to the left while you're waiting for quit date to arrive. The workbook really helps a lot. Drink a lot, a lot of water, have your hard candy, gum, sunflower seeds,etc. for that "hand to mouth" thing, list your reasons for quitting and believe it or not.....listing them really does help, know the times, places, and things (triggers) when you're more likely to smoke then avoid them early in your quit and if you can't avoid them, change or rearrange them, think about things that you can busy yourself with when a craving hits like wash your hair, go for a walk, clean something in the house, or come here and read/post a lot. Hang in there with us. Stay Strong, Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 54 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,462 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $193.86 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Rachel! Congratulations! I just became a granny. My daughter had to be induced early because of placenta abruptio which is caused by [i]smoking[/i]. The baby stayed in ICU for a few days and I am happy to report is healthy, but small. You are making a wise decision. Keep up the good work! You CAN do it!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 217 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10,881 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1736 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 23 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
17 years ago 0 672 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hey there rachelmd, now listen to me ... You stick around, read & learn & i mean learn about your addiction. We don't want you going back to smoking after you have babs cos you 'don't get it'! i am being deadly serious. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 832 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 20,814 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $5408 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 120 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
  • Quit Meter

$12,703.86

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 635 Hours: 17

Minutes: 3 Seconds: 22

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 948 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Rachel Congratulations on your pregnancy! Also on your quit. The most I can say is have distractions ready for when the craves hit. And come back to this site, as it has so much good information, support and help. You have some great incentive there to keep your quit for you and your baby. Good luck and if we can be of any help at all please let us know. :):):) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 43 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,089 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $215 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
17 years ago 0 1155 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
George - Good Job! Next time you feel edgy or another withdrawal symptom, just remember - this is due to all of the toxic chemicals leaving your body - so it's actually a good thing! Not easy, not fun, but good! When you get home from work tonight, before you sit down to watch the news, do the following: (1)put a cinnamin or lemon candy in your mouth (2)fill a tall glass with ice water and put it next to your chair (3)make a change in the room - move your chair, re-position the t.v., add a pillow to your chair, move a table to make yourself a footrest, etc. - it's amazing how much this can help (4)say outloud 10x - "I don't smoke anymore, smoking is not an option!" (seriously, say it outloud!) Rachelmd - Congratulations on being pregnant. This should be the biggest motivation to stop smoking. Each time you smoke, visualize holding a cigarette to your baby's mouth...that's essentially what happens! I'm glad you have a quit date set. Please let us know how we can help/support you! I know it's not easy but you CAN do it! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 48 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,699 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $312 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
  • Quit Meter

$1,136,725.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5547 Hours: 6

Minutes: 59 Seconds: 16

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: